PDA

View Full Version : DLR Weekdays, What to do @ Night?

Anthony
08-28-2003, 04:44 PM
Hola,

What do you experts recommend to do at night during the week? I heard that the parades and fireworks are not a factor during the week, so I need to do something with my time. It will be me and my GF, and we are staying at GCH.

I wasn't sure if DD was good, or if there is something to go see off-sight in the local area, or what?

Also, we are arriving at 3:30 in the afternoon, and I think the parks are not open real late that day. Do you think it is better to relax at the hotel, or go out and explore the parks for a bit? We will need to pick up our APs at some point- maybe that would be a good time?

:geek: Bonus Random Question of the Day!
Ok, this is dumb, but... We are staying at GCH concierge for five nights. My ? is, if we pull up and they valet park my truck for the five days, it will cost $12 per day. I want to save money where possible, and I can think of better ways to spend that $60. Would it be dumb on day 2 to have them bring me my car and go somewhere locally and shop or something, and then drive back and Self Park? If so, where do you recommend going? I heard there was somewhere that you could get some good DL stuff at a lower price. Thanks for the advice!

HBTiggerFan
08-28-2003, 05:19 PM
Theres a few outdoor malls not that far from DL.

The Block at Orange is just down the 5 south and the Irvine Sepcturm is a little further. Both have stores, restruants and theaters.

I think you have the option to valet park and self-park. Check the self-park prices as well.

mousey_girl
08-28-2003, 05:45 PM
Self parking is included with the "Resort Fee." The self parking lot is across the street from the GCH main entrance, behind the movie theater in DTD. What we did was use the Bell Service, and then my husband parked the car while I checked in. Once we got up to our room we called the Bell Desk and they brought our luggage right up.