PDA

View Full Version : Disney Hopes Dinosaur Gains Main St. Toehold - L.A. Times, 8/28/03

Darkbeer
08-28-2003, 03:50 PM
Disney Hopes Dinosaur Gains Main St. Toehold (http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-disney28aug28,1,4908287.story) - Los Angeles Times, 8/28/03

QuikQuote: The technology behind Lucky underscores a growing push by Disney, the world's largest theme park operator, to find new ways to engage customers, by offering more intimate, interactive experiences. Lucky arrives at a time when Burbank-based Disney is struggling through an industrywide slump that has eroded profit in its cornerstone theme park business.
"In our business, you can't rest on your laurels; you've got to constantly invent what the future is," said Tom Fitzgerald, senior creative executive for Walt Disney Imagineering. "Walt always wanted his characters to live and breathe — this is a natural evolution of that."

UncleGDogWord
09-01-2003, 09:03 AM
I here that Lucky is only going to be inservice at DCA for another week or so and then him and Chandler are boxed up and sent to the Animal Park in Orlando.

Kind of bites because they seem to be bring people into DCA. I just hope he will be there at the end of September, so I can see them.

Lost Boy
09-01-2003, 09:31 AM
Laughing Place has a great story today on Lucky and the Museum with lots of videos and photos. I think this may be the only way a lot of us who have to work during the week are going to be able to see him as he doesn't appear on weekends or holidays. And see my reply(in the thread about Lucky Leaving the House or DCA) about bringing people into DCA and how the TDA people have once again blown it big time.