PDA

View Full Version : 17th Century, What? Indy knows Spanish? Mad Spiel Party? (Spiels Aplenty)

MonorailMan
08-28-2003, 01:44 PM
OK. Well, I heard a lot of new spiels abound.

Say it ain't so Indy?

As I exit the 1st elevator, in the single rider line for Indy, I hear the a little bit of the new Indy spiel. Indy talks about all the standard safety stuff. However, the Indy voice is wayyyy off. It sounds really tacky.

Astro Orbitor - Too serious

We also got a new Astro Oribtor spiel. However, it sounds way to serious for the look/feel of the ride. Just like the ride itself, it doesn't fit the theme.

Mad Tea Party

An Alice sound alike tells us now, besides the safety spiel, how to spin our teacup. Oh joy. :(

I feel really bad for the CMs that use to talk to us. From who I was talking too, there's a strict "Don't override the spiel" rule for attraction CMs, and it took a huge chuck out of the "fun" of the CMs. Also, some CMs got totally into the groove, and it's sad to see their antics gone. :(

Captain Josh
08-28-2003, 01:46 PM
What? The safety spiel on Indy IS supposed to be Indy? I thought it was a fake Sallah...

Gemini Cricket
08-28-2003, 01:59 PM
What do you call an attraction announcement that sank the Titanic?

A spiel-berg.

:D

Disneyphile
08-28-2003, 02:10 PM
Just wait - maybe they'll automate the spiel on Jungle Cruise next, and just remotely pilot the boats. :eek:

MonorailMan
08-28-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by G-Hawk
What? The safety spiel on Indy IS supposed to be Indy? I thought it was a fake Sallah...

I'm sorry. I had Indy on the brain. It's suppose to be Sallah... :)

Flubber
08-28-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
What do you call an attraction announcement that sank the Titanic?

A spiel-berg.

:D

That's gold dood!

What do you call an attraction announcement that taste oh-so-good?

Spielicious!

....and now back to your regularly scheduled spiel thread....

Bill Catherall
08-28-2003, 02:46 PM
Don't drink and drive...

you just might spiel.

cstephens
08-28-2003, 05:15 PM
NOTE TO PERSON WHO SHOULD KNOW WHO I'M ADDRESSING THIS TO: See, puns are acceptable. And funny too!