PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Proposal Help?

Pages : [1] 2

calvary1
08-28-2003, 12:51 PM
HI ALL, i AM TOTALLY NEW AT THIS AND JUST HAPPEND TO STUMBLE UPON THIS WEBSITE, WHILE TRYING TO FIND A COOL WAY TO PROPOSE TO MY GIRLFRIEND AT DISNEYLAND(ANAHEIM). I WAS HOPING SINCE YOU ALL SEEM TO BE DISNEY PROS, YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO SHARE SOME OF YOUR OWN IDEAS OR IDEAS YOU HAVE HEARD ABOUT..I REALLY APPRECIATE IT...THANKS!!!

Tref
08-28-2003, 01:30 PM
Two choices: at the Snow White wishing well or on the Matterhorn, depending if you are the romantic type or have a flair for the dramatic. The Ferris Wheel at DCA may not be such a bad idea either, so long as you wait until nightfall. Of course then you'll be forever attached to DCA and not DL.

innerSpaceman
08-28-2003, 01:35 PM
Wishing Well is hackneyed and trite, but that's where I did it.

(Works best if friends in on the occassion temporarily block access to both ends of the walkway leading to the Well)

I've heard Mark Twain at night is also really nice, but you'd have to wait till Fantasmic stops running for the season to do that one.

cstephens
08-28-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by calvary1
HI ALL, i AM TOTALLY NEW AT THIS AND JUST HAPPEND TO STUMBLE UPON THIS WEBSITE, WHILE TRYING TO FIND A COOL WAY TO PROPOSE TO MY GIRLFRIEND AT DISNEYLAND(ANAHEIM). I WAS HOPING SINCE YOU ALL SEEM TO BE DISNEY PROS, YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO SHARE SOME OF YOUR OWN IDEAS OR IDEAS YOU HAVE HEARD ABOUT..I REALLY APPRECIATE IT...THANKS!!!

Same suggestion I always give: pick a place that's special for the two of you, not a place that's special to someone else. I would think it would mean more that way.

ksejr1
08-28-2003, 01:38 PM
i hear lots of people propos under sleeping beauty castle during the fireworks. But then again, a lot of people do it. The wishing well seems great. It should always be done at night. Let's see, what about fantasy land? I hope you have an annual pass that way, you can check out the places for yourself to see what you'll like the most.

keschy
08-28-2003, 02:06 PM
I love snow white's bridge. I especially like the idea someone else had of asking friends to block the area so your proposal isn't overheard by passing park guests. Do you have a favorite ride? You could propose while flying over London in peter pan! That isn't much time, though, and you don't want to be rushed :)
I agree with the idea of picking a place in the park that is important to the 2 of you. have fun!

Pat-n-Eil
08-28-2003, 03:06 PM
Upside Down in front of Mickey's Head on California Screamin'?
(no probably not)

While driving the cars at Autopia?
(can 2 adults fit?)

But seriously..
Pirates of the Carribean.. If there were a way to get a boat to yourself, you could do it while floating along the bayou near the beginning of the ride. That might be romantic.

(Along the same lines, the Blue Bayou Restaurant is dark and romantic, that will give you more time..)

While sharing a coffee and perhaps a cinnamon roll at one of the shops on main street.

On the Rivers of America Cruise?

While she's getting her silhouette picture done by the lady who cuts it out of the black material.
-or-
While she gets her portrait drawn in the French Quarter. (then, aside from the ring, you'd have a momento of the occasion).

In the French Quarter courtyard area.

Propose In Innoventions (that'd be a way to make that place memorable).

Okay.. enough from me.

fairytalelover
08-28-2003, 03:14 PM
In the rose garden, at the DL hotel where they hold the wedding ceremonies

Not Afraid
08-28-2003, 03:54 PM
In front of the Castle, just after closing, on the bridge. (My friends did this and it sounded wonderful).

On one of the Disney Gallery balcony during Believe.

Whatever you do, if your plan involves the Castle or the Wishing Well, remember the castle is closed from about 8:45 until 10:15 when there are fireworks.

mrscoach
08-28-2003, 04:51 PM
If you are going to stay in one of the Disneyland Hotels, I'll bet Vacation Planning would LOVE to help you with that one! If you're not staying in one of the three hotels, I'd check at city hall (if you can get away from your girl for a moment or two) and see if they can help you with something special. Such as the above idea of getting a Pirates of the Carribean
boat all to yourselves. But I'm sure there are tons of cool ways to propose without making prior arrangements like that - you could do it while getting a character picture taken with Mickey or something.
Good Luck!

julia
08-28-2003, 06:25 PM
Hi,

What a wonderful thing to do! Get in touch with the people in the Weddings and Honeymoons department at Disneyland, they will be able to help you decide - I think there is a department specifically for engagements at Disneyland! Wherever you propose, it will be a memory that you cherish forever. I would suggest taking a cue from her...watch her very closely during your time there and see what location or attraction or ride seems to make her giggle with joy like she was a little girl again or a place that makes you both swoon at the same time.

I like the idea of Cinderella's Castle, or the rose garden outside the Disneyland Hotel - the rose garden is very romantic and quiet and more private. Then, you might want to celebrate your engagement with dinner at the Napa Rose. Oh, whatever you decide to do, talk to a Cast Member at the restaurant or hotel and tell them that you are going to propose. The Cast Members are absolute masters at sprinkling pixie dust on very special occasions.

Have a magical day!

Lashbear
08-28-2003, 06:41 PM
I would try:

The Dessert Balcony during Fantasmic! or at a romantic water-side table at Blue Bayou

...Also aboard the Mark Twain at night would be very romantic - especially if they let you up in the wheelhouse for the occasion! (Doesn't hurt to ask) - [BTW, don't worry - you don't have to propose and steer at the same time ;)]

Cheers,
Rob. :fez:

DrIndianaJones
08-28-2003, 07:09 PM
I plan on proposing in front of the Castle at night, expect I plan on having her take a round-a-bout trip to DL. (I live in Colorado, so the tough part is getting her there the rest should be easy ;))
As far as other places go, I would suggest anywhere in "The Hub" area, the Storybook Canal at night (just talk to a CM about it, I'm sure they would be happy to help), it's a small world, or there is a little garden off to the left (if you are facing it) of the Castle that would work.
Again, just ask a CM and they will be happy to assit you.

Not Afraid
08-28-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by julia
I like the idea of Cinderella's Castle

Oh no! Not again.

Ours is Sleeping Beauty's Castle.

:geek: :)

disneyfreak168
08-28-2003, 11:40 PM
I think the Snow White Wishing Well would be nice, i think around sunset or at night. :) Yeah I also agree with innerSpaceman about the friends blocking off the ends of the walkway...but i also agree with cstephens about how the place should special for both of you.

man I never heard or saw any proposals come to think of it...:(

Anyways, it's your choice and I wish you the best of luck with your proposal.:) :rolleyes:

I wish I could be there and watch!:D

heidiwhr
08-29-2003, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by Pat&Eil

Pirates of the Carribean.. If there were a way to get a boat to yourself, you could do it while floating along the bayou near the beginning of the ride. That might be romantic.

(Along the same lines, the Blue Bayou Restaurant is dark and romantic, that will give you more time..)

Hubby proposed over dinner at the Blue Bayou. Now, every time i go on Pirates I look for that one special table next to the water. It is VERY romantic!

Coincidentally, our son's first DL ride was also Pirates! Talk about a magical place!

cryan71
08-29-2003, 08:23 AM
I think proposing in the line for the Bengal BBQ would be so romantic.

rtroberts
08-30-2003, 07:18 AM
I'd suggest proposing at the wishing well at Snow White's Grotto at night. It worked for me!

If you go with the Blue Bayou idea I know that you can order a special cake made and delivered to your table. That would be a neat surprise.

disneygalforlife
08-30-2003, 09:36 AM
I once heard of someone making arrangements to get a canoe all to themselves (with the paddlers of course). They stopped on the backside of the river and he proposed there. Not exactly private (with the paddlers) there but it is quiet and pretty.

Another idea I had is splurge and get the dessert buffet at the Disney Gallery during the Fantasmic! show and do it amid the fireworks and grandeur of the show. The crowd up there is light and everyone will be watching the show not the two of you.

Ok . . one more . . . there is a beautiful staircase in New Orleans square that would be magical.

canfan
08-31-2003, 09:46 AM
A few years ago a friend was proposed to in the gazebo at the disneyland hotel. She said it was the most wonderful moment ever!

Minnie1955
09-01-2003, 02:11 PM
I've heard this suggestion over at LP, and it's still one of my favorites: Ask her just before the drop on Splash. On the way up, you could tell her how much you love her etc, then at the very top, pop the question. You'll have a great snapshot of her reaction :)

I also read that a skipper stopped his boat at the backside of water so a guy could propose to his girlfriend. That's another great one...

cstephens
09-01-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by disneygalforlife
Ok . . one more . . . there is a beautiful staircase in New Orleans square that would be magical.

Unfortunately, it's not so anymore. The area between Le Bat en Rouge and Pieces of Eight is now an extension of the shops. :mad:

Karin
09-07-2003, 04:15 PM
My hubby proposed on Main Street during the fireworks during the Christmas holidays and it snowed afterward!

If you can arrange it (and/or if you want someone else along) I highly recommend having friends come with you. My then-fiancee invited my best friend and her hubby to join us for dinner at Blue Bayou. Then we went to watch fireworks and he gave them his camera. Now I have a pic ture of one of the most romantic momnets of my life... on film!

mrscoach
09-10-2003, 06:16 PM
I mentioned this thread to my husband, and he immediately said, "during the slow part of Splash Mountain, while you're going around the back of the mountain and before the big drop." It's nice and quiet, and it's just really cool up there.

PapiBear
09-10-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Karin H-L
My hubby proposed on Main Street during the fireworks during the Christmas holidays and it snowed afterward!

It SNOWED in Anaheim?!? As a native Orange Countian, I'm extremely curious about this -- exactly when did this happen?