PDA

View Full Version : I had a dream

lillas
09-02-2001, 07:52 AM
I had a dream last night that I was at dl with the wife and kids, only it wasn't dl. After sneeking in by climbing the berm we found the layout and attractions were all slightly different, and the entire park was situated on a slope. The most disturbing part was when the kids were trying to get a picture with Snow White. She was walking away from us and we finally got her attention, she turned around and showed her face to be instead a combination dred lock/anarchist type
protestor. We stumbled on to one of these World bank type protests in the hub and quikly retreated to the safety of a swimming pool in Fantasy land. Soon the protest grew to include every group with a beef imaginable...total chaos....riots, then the alarm clock sounded.

Are there any dream interperators out there?
Does anyone else dream of things ?

lillas
09-02-2001, 07:53 AM
that is, dream of things DL?

PirateoftheCaribbean
09-02-2001, 08:12 AM
Whoah.

ripplededge
09-02-2001, 11:17 PM
Sounds like something we would do backstage.

beanpole
09-03-2001, 01:48 AM
I've had a quite a few DL-related dreams. One recurring one involves spending the day there and experiencing the various attractions, though none of the attractions are as they should be.

A slightly prophetic dream that I had prior to the Pressler-era began in a truly frightening version of the Haunted Mansion. I remember the walk-through area being particularly elaborate, consisting of maze-like corridors punctuated with doors that led to environmental set pieces with AA figures and fantastic special effects. Anyway, the ride itself ended in - a Toys R Us store! That's right. The doombuggy exit point was inside the bicycle section of a plain old Toys R Us outlet. I shopped around for a while but didn't purchase anything.

Uncle Dick
03-01-2002, 02:07 AM
Goodness. Disneyland dreams. I've had plenty of them. In one particular dream, the Matterhorn had been turned into a water ride, where you took intertubes down the mountain instead of bobsleds. In that same dream, I think I was riding the Matterhorn bobsleds on a particularly hilly section of track. Suddenly, the hills became very abrupt and the bobsled began to jump off the track until finally it flew up into the air and landed on the walkway several feet away. No one was injured.

Once I was waiting in the for the Tiki Room and the queue area flooded to my waist.

More recently, I dreamed I was walking onto a deserted, orange peel covered Main Street at night (with a girl I liked back in 10th grade at my side). So I walked along towards Splash Mountain and stopped in front of the Haunted Mansion (which was still dark and foreboding, but seemed to resemble a modern suburban home complete with roll up garage door!). So the HM's garage door began to open, and, sensing danger, I left.

And then, just the other night, I had a dream that I was at Disneyland late at night after the park had closed and was one of the last few guests being ferreted out. I looked over the edge of a wall that had been erected at the end of Main Street and saw that the whole park was bustling with maintanance vehicles and CMs fixing up the park for the next day. And I do mean bustling, it was like a city or something back there. During that same dream, I was walking south on Main Street when Michael Eisner burst out of a door on the right in a hurry get somewhere. He clumsily tried to shake my hand (grasping my wrist instead) and hurried on his way up Main Street. I turned around to see a crowd mobbing him just before a large van pulled up, picked up Eisner and sped off around the Hub.

MonorailMan
03-01-2002, 08:30 AM
I've also had a disneyland deam right before our B-day trip, heres how it went:

We got there, everything seemed like it was in a mirror, the M&F Lot was on the right instead of the left, and somehow the trams borded from the top level. Got our tickets, then walked to DL, to find out it was DCA, then walked to DCA, to find out it was DCA, then we got confused, asked someone where DL was, but there was no DL, just DCA! So we picked the one that looked like the old DL entrance, come to find out the park wasn't maintained, looked like a ghost town, train wasn't there, SM building collapsed, no cms to be found, rivers drained, castle split in two, then I woke up. Weird Huh?

stinkyface
03-01-2002, 09:02 AM
this is weird, i just started a thread on the wdw board about dreams before i saw this discussion!

DisneylandBoy
03-01-2002, 01:24 PM
I have dreams all the time that I am at Disneyland, except things aren't right . . . rides are different, the layout is different, etc. I sometimes have dreams that I get caught in an attraction and can't get out. It's always weird.