PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting an AP, and I have some questions.

Ace
08-28-2003, 12:01 PM
Chances are tomorrow I will be getting my first (!) AP ever and I have some questions about it. First, I think I know how it works, but I'm not exactly sure. I am unclear as to what I do after I pay for my pass at the ticket window. I know processing comes into play somewhere down the line but I do not know where. Also, how does park hopping work? I might have some other questions later, but I think these are fine for now. :mad:

cstephens
08-28-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Ace
Chances are tomorrow I will be getting my first (!) AP ever and I have some questions about it. First, I think I know how it works, but I'm not exactly sure. I am unclear as to what I do after I pay for my pass at the ticket window. I know processing comes into play somewhere down the line but I do not know where. Also, how does park hopping work? I might have some other questions later, but I think these are fine for now. :mad:

At some point during the day, you need to convert your voucher into a real pass. That's done at Plaza Pavilion, which is at the end of Main Street, on the left side. There's a sign that says something about annual pass processing on the outside. They'll get all your info and take your picture.

With any level AP that you buy, you can park hop. Any time you enter either DL or DCA, just show your pass to the ticket taker. Said ticket taker will scan your pass, and through you go. APs do not require having a handstamp for reentry, so you don't need to worry about that. If you get something other than the premium AP, you'll have to keep in mind blockout dates.

Why are you mad?

Ace
08-28-2003, 12:13 PM
Because I clicked the wrong smilie :D

I've seen the processing place before, and the line is usually pretty long. Does it open with the park? It seems like that would be the easiest thing to do, to avoid the lines and whatnot.

innerSpaceman
08-28-2003, 12:25 PM
Yes, I was going to post that "at some point during the day" is not going to work too well if you don't like standing in a long, slow-moving line. Get there when the park opens and take care of your AP business right away. Things will go smoothly.

Don't be alarmed by your squished-looking face in the grainy picture on your new AP, and try not to be too concerned with how flimsy the material is. Be sure to add pre-paid parking, otherwise the sting of going to the resort and shelling out $15 each time (projecting forward one year to estimated increase of parking fees) may prevent you from taking advantage of that AP as often as you might have an urge to.

Ace
08-28-2003, 12:27 PM
I'm actually getting the premium one, or whatever the top one is (I've been saving up for a looong time) and it says it comes with free parking. How does that work?

PumbaaMan
08-28-2003, 12:42 PM
You park in the Mickey and Friends parking structure. You pull in show the nice person at the booth your card and they give you an AP parking permit for the day. Also don't forget to take your parking ticket with you when you buy your pass, as they will deduct it from the cost of the pass- since it comes with parking included. :)

cstephens
08-28-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
Yes, I was going to post that "at some point during the day" is not going to work too well if you don't like standing in a long, slow-moving line.

But it's not like that all the time, especially during an off weekday. There are even times when I've arrived for the noon meet and noticed only one or two people in the processing line. And then there are other times when I think Fastpass would work really well for AP processing...

Ace
08-28-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
But it's not like that all the time, especially during an off weekday. There are even times when I've arrived for the noon meet and noticed only one or two people in the processing line. And then there are other times when I think Fastpass would work really well for AP processing...

Is tomorrow an "off weekday?" I would think not, but I'm not sure.

zapppop
08-28-2003, 02:56 PM
If you're in the park around 7PM , you can meet a few padders over @ Mickey's Mambo Club in Plaza Gardens.

cstephens
08-28-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Ace
Is tomorrow an "off weekday?" I would think not, but I'm not sure.

Not as "off" as others since it's a Friday and still in summer so there's a decent chance it'll still be crowded.

Sorry, I totally missed that you had said you were going tomorrow.

I say go early anyway. Stop by Plaza Pavilion and if it's open, get your pass. If it's not yet, find out when it will be, then go have some fun until it does open. If nothing else, you'll get extra time to play by getting there early.

Have a great time!