PDA

View Full Version : Delivears

Pages : [1] 2

TTFN92
05-04-2013, 08:25 AM
If I order an ear hat from Delivears will I be able to get a name on it? I was going to order one from the Disney Store online but I can't get a name. Also, how do I get in touch with them? I've never ordered from them before.

tea4two
05-04-2013, 01:05 PM
You could try contacting MouseShoppe to ask them to get your ears with the embroidery.

MammaSilva
05-04-2013, 01:18 PM
I HIGHLY as in can't say enough good things about the MouseShoppe staff and customer service. I wouldn't even bother with deliver ears for something as important as a personalized ear hat, I'd be on the phone to MouseShoppe in a nano second.

I don't do the fancy links but here is where you really want to connect

http://www.mouseshoppe.com/Merchant5/merchant.mvc

Malcon10t
05-04-2013, 03:16 PM
Don't want to sound like I am just jumping on the bandwagon, but Mouseshoppe is great. Love my personalized bag I got a couple years ago. And the lanyards. Yepyepyep, they are pretty great!

TTFN92
05-05-2013, 03:31 PM
Ouch! Mouseshoppe adds $10 to the cost of the ears then embroidery and shipping make them over $40. I'm gonna have to rethink that.

Malcon10t
05-05-2013, 07:58 PM
Disney Delivears is (800) 362-4533 option 9. I don't know if it will be much cheaper.

Malcon10t
05-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Ouch! Mouseshoppe adds $10 to the cost of the ears then embroidery and shipping make them over $40. I'm gonna have to rethink that.I'm trying to figure this out as I don't see it. The park is $13.95 for the ears, and Mouseshoppe is $17.95, so there is $4. Personalization is $4.95 at the park I think, and Mouseshoppe is $3.95. Are you looking for a specific hat, as the ones I have been able to calculate, the reg ears would be under 30.

TTFN92
05-05-2013, 09:24 PM
I'm looking at the graduation ears. They are 19.95 thru Disney Store so I'm assuming it would be the same price as the park or DelivEars. On Mouseshoppe they are selling them for 29.99 + embroidery for 3.95 + $8 shipping. Even if I can save the $10 that would be nice.

TTFN92
05-05-2013, 09:24 PM
Disney Delivears is (800) 362-4533 option 9. I don't know if it will be much cheaper.
Thanks

adriennek
05-06-2013, 06:36 AM
I haven't compared lately but in the past, Disney charged so much shipping that it evened out and/or MouseShoppe would even cost less.

TTFN92
05-06-2013, 08:19 AM
I haven't compared lately but in the past, Disney charged so much shipping that it evened out and/or MouseShoppe would even cost less.
If that's the case I won't get it from either. I was thinking under $30. My step daughter just got back from DL last Wed but didn't realize I needed them until after. Bummer! It would have solved this issue.

TTFN92
05-06-2013, 02:30 PM
So, I just called DelivEars and they are $19.95 + $9 shipping but they won't personalize. Bummer!

adriennek
05-06-2013, 06:42 PM
So, I just called DelivEars and they are $19.95 + $9 shipping but they won't personalize. Bummer!

I remember that was a problem in the past with DelivEars - that they would not personalize ears. I thought they'd changed that. It was definitely one advantage to using MouseShoppe because they've always been willing to personalize ears for people.

cookie7762
05-08-2013, 02:42 PM
If you purchase them from Delivears, could they be embroidered once at the park with proof of purchase?

cstephens
05-08-2013, 03:50 PM
If you purchase them from Delivears, could they be embroidered once at the park with proof of purchase?

I think the problem is that the OP can't make it to the park. If they could, they'd just be able to purchase the ears there themselves and get it embroidered too.

That being said, there are some businesses that will embroider items for you, but they do charge. There used to be a store, at least in the L.A. area, called Things Remembered, that would do that, but I'm not sure if they're still around or if there's a business like that local to the OP.

3Princesses1Prince
05-09-2013, 07:21 AM
I think the problem is that the OP can't make it to the park. If they could, they'd just be able to purchase the ears there themselves and get it embroidered too.

That being said, there are some businesses that will embroider items for you, but they do charge. There used to be a store, at least in the L.A. area, called Things Remembered, that would do that, but I'm not sure if they're still around or if there's a business like that local to the OP.

Things remembered is a national chain with 600 locations. :) And an excellent idea.

olegc
05-10-2013, 07:31 AM
[QUOTE=3Princesses1Prince;1799184]Things remembered is a national chain with 600 locations. :) And an excellent idea.

they can usually be found in most malls with center kiosks though I don't know if clothing embroidery is available at all locations. There are lots of others out there too (EmbroidMe comes to me) that can do one-off. You should check your local listings...

BTW - I know the OP said they can't get name on the ear hat - but it says you can on this page for $4.95
http://www.disneystore.com/mickey-mouse-ear-hat-for-adults/mp/1254777/1000292/
I believe its just for basic ears.

adriennek
05-10-2013, 03:16 PM
I know we've already had the MouseShoppe conversation but when I was shopping at their store yesterday, I watched a set of ears get embroidered and they looked pretty cute - and it's supporting a small business. (I'm very big on supporting small businesses. Which partially explains the purchase I made shortly after watching the hat get embroidered...)

leota's necklace
05-10-2013, 10:11 PM
If you are at all handy, doing the embroidery yourself is pretty easy. I'm all for supporting small businesses, but hey, it's just a running chain stitch.

TTFN92
05-10-2013, 10:53 PM
BTW - I know the OP said they can't get name on the ear hat - but it says you can on this page for $4.95
http://www.disneystore.com/mickey-mouse-ear-hat-for-adults/mp/1254777/1000292/
I believe its just for basic ears.

They won't embroider on the grad ears.

Thanks everyone. The person I was going to send these to lives in a different state than me so I was just going to have them shipped directly, I don't want to pay to ship twice, so having them embroidered at a different place wouldn't be very convenient. So, I guess she'll just be getting cash for graduation. Not as exciting but easier. I know Mouseshoppe has to make money, hence the markup, but I just have a hard time paying it. I know, I'm cheap.

3Princesses1Prince
05-10-2013, 11:33 PM
They won't embroider on the grad ears.

Thanks everyone. The person I was going to send these to lives in a different state than me so I was just going to have them shipped directly, I don't want to pay to ship twice, so having them embroidered at a different place wouldn't be very convenient. So, I guess she'll just be getting cash for graduation. Not as exciting but easier. I know Mouseshoppe has to make money, hence the markup, but I just have a hard time paying it. I know, I'm cheap.

I agree. 50% mark up is a lot.

AVP
05-11-2013, 12:56 AM
I feel like I'm eavesdropping on a conversation about me, so I wanted to jump in.

DelivEars did not offer personalization 10+ years ago when we started MouseShoppe. At some point they started to, but stopped again when the operation moved entirely to Walt Disney World a few years ago. Now that there's the official Disney Parks online store, some styles can be ordered personalized through them, but it's a very limited selection.

I would not recommend ordering ears with the intention of having them embroidered elsewhere unless you check with your embroidery vendor first. When Disneyland started charging for embroidery we decided to buy our own machine. We bought the exact model Disneyland uses, but when we set it up we found that the hat hoop that came with the machine didn't hold the ear hats. Turns out Disneyland had modified the standard baseball cap hoop with a custom framing system to hold the Mickey ears. We tried every possible method we or the machine vendor could think of, but eventually had to find the guy who built the custom hoops for Disney and order our own. Anyone running the machines Disneyland uses would need the custom hoops to do ears, which means buying a new cap hoop set and essentially ruining it for any purpose OTHER than ears. We now have two hat hoop sets - one for ears, and one for traditional baseball caps.

If your local shop has the new Melco Amaya machine with the Hoop Tec hoops, they may be able to embroider ears - I know the Disney Store is now using that machine and hooping system (the Melco rep keeps trying to sell me one because Disney uses it). Check with your local shop first - that's a fairly new, expensive high-capacity machine, and I wouldn't expect many small independent shops to have one.

The chain stitch font Disney uses for lettering is a custom font they had digitized based on the "handwriting" of two of their best hat writers, Teddy and Paul, at the time they transitioned from the old sewing machines to the new embroidery machines. It's not available outside of the Disney parks - the Disney Store online doesn't even have it - so be aware that you won't be able to match it if you take it somewhere else.

We embroider our hats with the same fonts the Disney Store uses, since we can't get the chain stitch font either. In fact, we have yet to find a single running chain stitch embroidery font on the market. I've been looking for 7 years, and every embroidery font vendor I've talked to thinks I'm nuts. They all explain that SEWING machines do running chain stitches, but EMBROIDERY machines do not. From their reactions, you'd think I'm asking them for something that will let me use my CD player to play LPs. There's no physical reason they can't (as evidenced by the fact that Disney's do), but I'd have to pay $$$ to have my own font digitized like Disney did.

You may be able to call Walt Disney World Merchandise Guest Services and see if they'll do the ears for you. The grad hats are the same in WDW and Disneyland, so it wouldn't matter if you got them from Florida. I'm not sure if they're offering personalization, but it's worth a shot.

AVP

KarenW2
05-11-2013, 02:18 AM
I need to find one of the red and green Christmas Minnie Mouse ears with a bow headbands they sold at the parks last year. When we got to the park early in the season last year, we found out they'd sold out long before we were there, after we checked all the shops in both parks and WoD!

I googled them and the only one I could find was on a site that wanted, insanely enough, $79.99 for them!! They said it was their one, but there's no way I would pay that much for it!

I checked out your site, but you don't sell them, so I guess my only option is Delivears?? I need it for a Hallmark event we're going to at the end of July/beginning of August, so I can't wait to see if they sell them again this year.

Do you or anyone else know anywhere else I could find one? We haven't been to what used to be called the Disney Character Warehouse since they changed and moved to the new space, so I don't know if they carry them. Does anyone know?

Many thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me on this!

cstephens
05-11-2013, 06:47 AM
Thanks for the explanation of the embroidery machine and fonts and such, AVP. I had no idea it was so involved, especially with the extra component needed. Now, can you come help me tape my head back together because it exploded from trying to figure out all that information?

3Princesses1Prince
05-11-2013, 07:26 AM
thanks for the explanation of the embroidery machine and fonts and such, avp. I had no idea it was so involved, especially with the extra component needed. Now, can you come help me tape my head back together because it exploded from trying to figure out all that information?

x2