PDA

View Full Version : New Menu at Blue Bayou

Pages : [1] 2

abkb76
04-24-2013, 03:07 PM
After seeing the blog post from Disney:
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/04/a-fresh-take-on-blue-bayou-menu-debuts-today-at-disneyland-park/
I decided to go see what else is on the new menu. Still bummed that they got rid of the Chicken Ceasar Salad a few years ago.

ManaByte
04-24-2013, 03:42 PM
What did they replace the steak with? Did they bring back the amazing prime rib?

abkb76
04-24-2013, 04:34 PM
The prime rib is still not available, I miss it!
Lunch entrees:
Buccaneer's Boneless Beef Short Ribs--$33.99
Royal Street Seafood Jambalya--$31.99
Tesoro Island Chicken Breast--$31.99
Slow-Roasted Beef Strip Loin--$37.99
Pan-Seared Salmon--$33.99
Le Special de Monte Cristo Sandwich--$29.99
Portobello Mushroom and Couscous Macque Choux--$29.99

Dinner entrees:
Herb Panko-Crusted Rack of Lamb--$39.99
Surf & Turf--$45.99
Royal Street Seafood Jambalya--$31.99
Tesoro Island Chicken Breast--$31.99
Broiled Filet Mignon--$42.99
Pan-Seared Salmon--$33.99
Slow-Roasted Beef Strip Loin--$37.99
Portobello Mushroom and Couscous Macque Choux--$29.99
Bread Service is available with Sourdough Dinner Rolls and Sweet Potato Biscuit for both lunch and dinner.

ManaByte
04-24-2013, 05:06 PM
Surf & Turf is new as is the Lamb.

Everything else looks the same. I wish they'd get rid of the Strip Loin and bring back the Prime Rib.

disneyland addict13
04-24-2013, 05:44 PM
Surf & Turf is new as is the Lamb.

I had the Surf & Turf there in December 2011.

familymemories
04-24-2013, 05:57 PM
Small portions, high price, keeps us from eating there. French Market has good prices and large servings. Maybe a dessert would be nice at the Blue Bayou:)

Malcon10t
04-24-2013, 06:01 PM
Surf & Turf is new as is the Lamb. Surf and Turf has been there as long as I can remember.

Here is the menu as of Feb 2012.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/guide/167/Disneyland-Resort/Disneyland-Park/New-Orleans-Square/Blue-Bayou

missm
04-24-2013, 06:38 PM
Does anyone know if they still offer a split plate for a fee? If you do a split plate do you get double portions of everything but the main course? If I recall you do but its been so long since I've shared a meal there.

carolinakid
04-25-2013, 10:13 AM
I think I'll have either the Surf and Turf or the Macque Choux when I'm there in October.

stan4d_steph
04-25-2013, 10:16 AM
Does anyone know if they still offer a split plate for a fee? If you do a split plate do you get double portions of everything but the main course? If I recall you do but its been so long since I've shared a meal there.The menus do not indicate a fee.

HTanner
04-25-2013, 11:00 AM
I miss the old, old days. When I was a kid, we used to have the option of eating there with our folks or getting $5 to eat a hot dog. My brothers always took the $5 and went on rides. I always went there. They had this amazing fruit salad which you could add sherbet, ice cream, or cottage cheese to. I always had that with the sherbet. It was cold, fresh, crisp and so tasty on a hot summer day!

Drince88
04-25-2013, 11:02 AM
Is there a difference between lunch and dinner - besides that there are only some things on both menus?
At one time wasn't bread served only at dinner? Or am I really in need of a vacation because I'm hallucinating memories?

'Cause the things on both menus look to be the same price.
(And that better be DANG good jambalaya at that price. That's something you feed masses with, because you can really spread out the protein.

fairestoneofall
04-27-2013, 02:17 PM
I thought that the only difference was that you couldn't get the steak at lunch before. I've only been there twice in the last two years though so I could be mistaken.

mtq2223
04-29-2013, 10:22 AM
Has anyone ever finished the Monte Cristo Sandwich? It is tasty but man is it rich.

GrumpyGoofyGuy
04-29-2013, 01:29 PM
Has anyone ever finished the Monte Cristo Sandwich? It is tasty but man is it rich.

We always get ours at Cafe Orleans. I think they are pretty much the same except the cost is less at CO. My wife and I share one and add a couple sides. Yes, they are pretty rich.

ImDMous
04-29-2013, 02:23 PM
I remember when Blue Bayou was an Italian restaurant. Does that make me ancient? :)

Anyway, I've never gotten anything besides the jambalya. I think it's delicious and I can never finish it all, huge. How is everything else on the menu? The new bread service sounds tasty, I love sweet potato anything.

oswald
04-30-2013, 09:23 PM
Thought this was the right thread to ask: how far in advance do you need to make a reservation to eat lunch at the Blue Bayou (most likely for a weekday) and at what time is best (I'm assuming right when it opens)? ---never eaten at Blue Bayou...just one of those things I've never done but has been on my Disneyland bucket list since I got an AP.

candles71
05-02-2013, 06:28 AM
The reservation window opens 60 days out. You can usually get a time even a week or two out but are at the mercy of what is left. Many like the first seating for lunch and say it is a good time to ask for waterside. It opens at 11 I think.

Pammer
05-02-2013, 06:28 PM
The reservation window opens 60 days out. You can usually get a time even a week or two out but are at the mercy of what is left. Many like the first seating for lunch and say it is a good time to ask for waterside. It opens at 11 I think.

11:30am, actually...if you make a reservation for then and want waterside, try to check in about 15mins early & request it (that's what I usually do).

BlkPearlCptn
05-03-2013, 05:08 PM
11:30am, actually...if you make a reservation for then and want waterside, try to check in about 15mins early & request it (that's what I usually do).
I usually show up about 30 min early and request waterside. I always tell them I am more than happy to wait. I've had to wait as long as 30 min past my reservation to get waterside, but usually it's right on time. I've never not had waterside in all the years I've been going. A smile and patience works wonders.

rustymick
05-03-2013, 08:24 PM
I called Monday to make a reservation for the first Tuesday in June fully expecting to take what was left over and the CM asked me what time? I said what's left open and she said pretty much whatever you want. So, you never can tell...

oswald
05-03-2013, 09:21 PM
Thanks all for the head's up! Much appreciated - I guess I'll be attempting to get waterside!

DL Mama
05-05-2013, 04:01 PM
You definately should!! (Also, it can be pretty dark to read the menu sometimes...your cell phone can make a pretty good flashlight! :))

tea4two
05-25-2013, 01:35 AM
Does anyone know if they still offer a split plate for a fee? If you do a split plate do you get double portions of everything but the main course? If I recall you do but its been so long since I've shared a meal there.

The menus do not indicate a fee.

The split fee ($12) is still there, just not printed on the menu. We asked our server tonight, who gave us the option to share (extra plate, no extra sides, no fee) or split ($12 fee, choice of soup or salad each, entree split and plated with what looked like some additional veggies).

missm
05-25-2013, 02:17 AM
The split fee ($12) is still there, just not printed on the menu. We asked our server tonight, who gave us the option to share (extra plate, no extra sides, no fee) or split ($12 fee, choice of soup or salad each, entree split and plated with what looked like some additional veggies).

Awesome! And thanks for checking. My mom and I will be sharing a Monte Cristo after all.