PDA

View Full Version : New AP merchandise in the latest newsletter?!?

hbquikcomjamesl
08-25-2003, 12:43 PM
Does anybody else find the ad for new AP merchandise in the latest AP newsletter to be as ridiculous as I find it?

Think about it: don't most of the things that give Passholders a bad reputation with so many CMs basically boil down to flaunting one's pass while on-property, instead of just quietly and discreetly showing it when and where needed? And now, somebody at Disney has the brilliant idea of putting out a line of hats, t-shirts, sweatshirts, pins, and what is ostensibly a lanyard for hanging one's pass around one's neck?

There is no <obscenity> way in <vulgarity> I would want to flaunt my pass, knowing the sort of <blasphemy> <obscenity> <vulgarity> I would instantly be associating myself with, at least in the eyes of some CMs who didn't already know me.

DSNYDad
08-25-2003, 03:01 PM
Gee, I thought the stuff was pretty cool :(

I wanted to go and get a hat. Wouldn't it be nice if AP'ers started wearing this stuff and acted cool. Then the CM's might think "Hey, some of these AP'ers aren't so bad." Or is this just wishful thinking :confused:

hbquikcomjamesl
08-25-2003, 03:08 PM
I'd say it's probably just wishful thinking. For everybody who wore a passholder hat or shirt, and "acted cool," there would probably be a dozen who wore such garments and acted like (ahem) Eeyore's defecatory orifice. Not because there actually ARE more obnoxious passholders than pleasant, helpful ones, but because the former are probably a few hundred times more willing to flaunt their passholder status than the latter.

AVP
08-25-2003, 03:13 PM
We just wondered why they didn't put a bullseye on the shirt, something like the "Warning, Obsessive Disney Pin Trader" shirts they had to liquidate for $2.00.

AP-exclusive merchandise is a great idea - so long as it doesn't say Annual Passholder on it!

AVP

hbquikcomjamesl
08-25-2003, 04:30 PM
Or says it discreetly: like pass renewal pins that you'd have to get a good look at, in order to realize they were passholder-exclusive (or in some cases, you'd have to already know what they were). Or the October 17th t-shirt, that, while it does say it came from a passholder party, doesn't exactly SCREAM it. Or the Light Magic soft-open pin.

RStar
08-25-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by AVP

AP-exclusive merchandise is a great idea - so long as it doesn't say Annual Passholder on it!

AVP

That's a great point, and the only type I've purchased. And the first time they came out with it (and had a photo of the word passholder missing the first letter on the teeshirt:eek: ) I thought it was a dumb idea. But just now I was thinking it would be ok if you wore it OUTSIDE the park only. This way you could spotm a fellow AP and chat about the common issues you have.

But I still wouldn't wear the stuff, even if I got it at liquidated $3 prices.

cstephens
08-26-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by hbquikcomjamesl
Does anybody else find the ad for new AP merchandise in the latest AP newsletter to be as ridiculous as I find it?

I haven't read the newsletter yet, so I don't know if it's actually new merchandise, but they've had AP merchandise/apparel available for a while now.

And while I'd never buy it (mostly because I'm trying to cut down on t-shirts and sweatshirts in general), I can see why someone else might. I don't think it would be as big a deal if they were to wear it elsewhere. No one says people have to wear AP apparel only at the resort.