PDA

View Full Version : Popcorn Flavor Rotation Schedule at the Cone

DJsDaddy
04-16-2013, 09:36 AM
I know they have something like 7 flavors of popcorn at the Cone in Carsland that they rotate in and out and was wondering if anyone had noticed a rotational schedule for the flavors or how you find out what flavors they have on a given day before going. It know it's crazy but we would probably plan our trips around the dill pickle popcorn schedule. LOL! We've been there way to many times just to be disappointed with that nasty bacon cheddar popcorn in place of the dill - which I have to add tastes nothing like Bacon!

AnotherJenny
04-16-2013, 09:47 AM
I asked at the popcorn cone last week and the CM couldn't tell me what the rotation was, but he did say that they recently discontinued the bacon flavor. He said they rotate dill pickle, nacho cheese, sweet & spicy and salt & vinegar. (He read it off a list that was taped to the counter, so it might have been a rotation and not just a list of flavors, I didn't push him on it.) I do know that the bacon flavor was actually a "smoke" flavoring and really didn't contain bacon. I didn't think it was that bad, but I haven't had bacon in over 15 years, so my opinion is probably going to vary. Personally, the only one I've liked at all is sweet & spicy, but I couldn't stand to eat enough of it to justify buying it. I could probably eat about 1 1/2 - 2 of the sample size. I guess I need to find about 4-5 friends who like that flavor too. The only one I haven't tried is salt & vinegar. I also wish they would offer 2 flavors per day and skip the butter flavor. You can get buttered popcorn anywhere else in the parks, so maybe they could offer a different "standing" flavor, like caramel.

cstephens
04-16-2013, 10:12 AM
I know they have something like 7 flavors of popcorn at the Cone in Carsland that they rotate in and out and was wondering if anyone had noticed a rotational schedule for the flavors or how you find out what flavors they have on a given day before going. It know it's crazy but we would probably plan our trips around the dill pickle popcorn schedule. LOL! We've been there way to many times just to be disappointed with that nasty bacon cheddar popcorn in place of the dill - which I have to add tastes nothing like Bacon!

I don't think they have a schedule per se, but the last time I asked, they did say that they change the flavor on a weekly basis now, rather than a daily basis like they did when they first opened. I don't know what day they change to a new flavor, though. On Sunday, they had butter and salt & vinegar. I don't think there's a way to find out ahead of time what flavor they might have on a given day. If you have Twitter, you can tweet to @dcatoday and ask what the flavors of the day are without having to walk over to see for yourself, and they'll generally respond.

I too would like them to have two actual flavors rather than one flavor and butter, which they did when they first opened, but I expect that change was in response to guest reaction. The times I was in line to buy flavored popcorn, I witnessed a number of people who got to the front of the line and were mad they couldn't get regular popcorn. They didn't know they only had flavored popcorn there. Yes, there's a sign up in the window, but you have to know to even look for the sign. For regular guests, they probably just see the popcorn sign and go off that. They'd have to make the flavored popcorn sign much more prominent to avoid confusion.

snoopyfink
04-16-2013, 11:02 AM

My husband and I are right there with you-- we have been very disappointed that the Dill Pickle has not been "on tap" on our last two visits over the last month. I agree with other posters that they should feature two flavors as opposed to plain--but I'm guessing, as someone else suggested, that this has to do with guest feedback and/or an uptick in sales of regular popcorn once they started doing this. I suppose the next closest regular popcorn stand to Carsland is in Bug's Land?? It just seems odd to not offer the two flavors when the other Cones all offer "unique" food items exclusively-- i.e. Churro bites vs. reg churros, etc.

AnotherJenny
04-16-2013, 12:09 PM
This pretty much sums up the dill pickle flavor, to me, at least.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=d0NNnSQJ0dk&t=4m4s

Here's the whole video if you want to watch it, the link above goes right to the popcorn @4:04 if you don't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0NNnSQJ0dk&t=4m4s

TTFN92
04-17-2013, 10:30 AM
When we went in Jan and got there on Mon we were told that on Sun they had pickle but switched to sweet and spicy that day for the week. We were so disappointed. I tried the sample of S&S and wasn't impressed. I would like to try salt and vinegar though.

cstephens
04-17-2013, 11:17 AM
When we went in Jan and got there on Mon we were told that on Sun they had pickle but switched to sweet and spicy that day for the week. We were so disappointed. I tried the sample of S&S and wasn't impressed. I would like to try salt and vinegar though.

Mmmm, sweet and spicy is my favorite of the flavored popcorns. I like the dill pickle flavor too.

adriennek
04-17-2013, 11:42 AM
Butter is not a flavor.

The End.

TTFN92
04-18-2013, 02:05 PM
Butter is not a flavor.

The End.
Like (wish there was a button)

AnotherJenny
04-18-2013, 03:37 PM
MP Flashmob. Let's all descend on the cone wearing buttons that say "Butter is not a flavor" and try order whatever flavors are not on the menu that day. We will then dissipate. Or more likely, gravitate to the RSR single rider line.