PDA

View Full Version : Cozy Cone Motel closure

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
04-14-2013, 11:58 AM
Taking the kids end of April beginning of May & it says Cozy Cone Motel is down for refurbishment. Does that mean the cones that sell food or the meet & greet area? If it is the meet & greet area for Mater & Lightning will it be located elsewhere? The reason for the trip is so our youngest can meet his favorite Lightning. TIA!

bumblebeeonarose
04-14-2013, 06:44 PM
Taking the kids end of April beginning of May & it says Cozy Cone Motel is down for refurbishment. Does that mean the cones that sell food or the meet & greet area? If it is the meet & greet area for Mater & Lightning will it be located elsewhere? The reason for the trip is so our youngest can meet his favorite Lightning. TIA!

Where did you see that the Cozy Cone will be closed? I just looked at the official site for April 27 - May 8 and I did not see anything about the Cones being closed.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
04-14-2013, 07:23 PM
Odd. It was there last week, I printed it. It said "Cozy Cone Motel" on the actual Disneyland page refurbishments. I don't see it now.

candles71
04-14-2013, 09:26 PM
They may have put it off with this weekend's closures.
If they were to close them I would imagine Lightening and Mater would find another location to visit. Don't forget Red is on the path from Luigi's to Bugsland as well.

cstephens
04-14-2013, 10:02 PM
If they were to close them I would imagine Lightening and Mater would find another location to visit. Don't forget Red is on the path from Luigi's to Bugsland as well.

Yes, in that same section, right about where the two lands meet, they've had Lightning and Mater rotate using that area as the meet and greet.

currence
04-14-2013, 10:08 PM
Keep in mind, though, that at some point the cars probably will need to undergo their own maintenance. Ideally they would do one car at a time and just add Red to the rotation rather close the meet & greet area completely but we don't know what they will actually do until their maintenance is needed.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
04-15-2013, 10:02 PM
I will just keep the faith that Lightning will be there. I would hope they would have more than 1 car.

candles71
04-15-2013, 10:40 PM
I have seen both Lightening and Mater on every trip we have taken. They are also in the Pixar Play Parade iirc.