PDA

View Full Version : DCA main area songs

WvT3rd
08-24-2003, 11:44 AM
Hi - Does anyone, or has anyone, done a list of the songs they play in the main area of DCA? Thanks in advance.

Walt

CaliforniaCrazy
08-24-2003, 08:46 PM
California Dreamin'- The Mamas & the Papas
California Here I Come- Al Jolson
California Sun- the Rivieras
Avalon- Natalie Cole
Little Old Lady From Pasadena- Jan & Dean
San Fernando Valley- Bing Crosby
Surf City- Jan & Dean
San Francisco (Be Sure to Wear Some Flowers in Your Hair)- Scott McKenzie
Hooray For Hollywood- the Great Movie Ride
Route 66- Natalie Cole
Do You Know the Way to San Jose- Dionne Warwick
California Girls- the Beach Boys
I love LA- Randy Newman
Hollywood Nights- Bob Segar
Surfin', USA- the Beach Boys
San Francisco Bay Blues- Peter, Paul & Mary
Twenty-Six Miles- the Four Preps

Hope that helps you out.

WvT3rd
08-26-2003, 06:11 PM
Thanks ! Just want I wanted!:D

SacTown Chronic
08-27-2003, 06:10 AM
During the X-Games Experience they played a lot of Metallica and it sounded a lot better than all those fruity California songs.

I know, I know. It is supposed to be CALIFORNIA Adventure but the Metallica was a nice surprise.

BTW, Metallica is from CA.

Lost Boy
08-27-2003, 07:39 AM
Sorry, when I went into DCA briefly while the X-Games where on, I thought all that hard rock was noisy and did not fit with this Park at all. When I went back a week ago, I was so happy to hear all the nice music back again. Hard Core Metal Rock is not what DCA is all about. My opinion and I am sticking with it.

SacTown Chronic
08-27-2003, 10:12 AM
I agree Lost Boy. It would not be appropriate music ordinarily, but it fit with the X-Games theme.

Should the X-Games have even been in DCA is a whole 'nother issue.

My prediction is that it won't be back. It was there because X-Games were in LA, televised by ESPN, owned by ABC, owned by Disney etc....

GoldenEars
08-27-2003, 12:49 PM
Hey SacTown, what's with the *fruity California songs* that you mentioned earlier? How can you say that? Those songs are classics and fit perfectly with the theme of DCA! And I totally agree with LostBoy, cuz the hard core music they had going during the X games was horrible! But then again, I thought Disney really lost it when they brought in the X games.

I for one, hope Disney never has something like that in the Park again. Let's stick with what Disney is known for and what guests expect when they come to the Parks. And the fact is, the X games never drew in a decent crowd. And to me, any Disney Theme Park is not complete unless it has a parade. So let's bring back the Eureka Parade, at least until they debut the new one in 2005!:D

SacTown Chronic
08-27-2003, 01:52 PM
Yo DsneNut,

You are right "fruity" was the wrong word. My apologies. Perhaps "tired" or "played out" would have been a better choice.
Actually, I like most of those songs, but man are they old. But the music does go nicely with the CA theme.

As I've stated , X-Games won't be back but the music they had was perfect for it. I would have preferred that the X-Games weren't there to begin with - but my kids loved it.

As for parades, I could watch the Electrical Parade every night of my life. Something about the music in that parade that just gets me going every time.:)

GoldenEars
08-27-2003, 02:31 PM
Hey SacTown~

No worries and no apologies are needed. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I'm just happy you chose the wrong wording for your thoughts on the DCA music, LOL!:D

And yes, I'm sure your kids enjoyed the X games. I'm not sure of their ages or genders, but I'm going to assume they're young and probably boys. So I'm not surprised they liked it. But I'm grateful they won't be bringing it back!

For someone my age, I like going to the Parks and seeing a Disney parade and/or stage show. Something that everyone can enjoy and appreciate. As for the Electrical Parade, I'm right there with you! Each time I hear that music, it brings back wonderful childhood memories.

Take it easy, and maybe I'll run into you at the Park sometime!

Patrick:D