PDA

View Full Version : Should Disneyland get "cooler?"

DonaldDuck14
08-24-2003, 09:08 AM
I know as summer comes to a close the weather will slowly get cooler, but this thread might relate more for next summer. Well this past saturday i went to Universal's Studios and i notice in like every line for every attraction they have either misters or those nifty mister fans, and I thought that was thoughtful of them thinking about the heat during the summer season and installing those. So I was thinking that maybe Disney should install some of those in some of their outdoor lines, like maybe Big Thunder, Indiana Jones, some of those outdoor Fantasyland ride lines, etc. I've seen some installed around the the Roger Rabbit ride but i would like to see a couple more installed. I just think it will help keep the surrounding air and guests a bit cooler in those standby lines in the 90+ degree heat that we get in anaheim, and also having them installed in DCA wouldn't hurt. Just bescause a roof is over a line doesn't mean it will be alot cooler, sure it will be cooler by a couple of degrees but the warm air will be there and misters can help keep the area at a comfortable temperature. Does anyone agree or disagree? :confused:

Matterhorn Fan
08-24-2003, 10:03 AM
Getting wet should be an option.

ec7k2o
08-24-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Matterhorn Fan

you don't really get wet.... :|

DisneyFan25863
08-24-2003, 10:42 AM
That would be discrimintating to people who are allergic to water ;)

Install regular fans insted :cool:

ec7k2o
08-24-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by DisneyFan25863
That would be discrimintating to people who are allergic to water ;)

and aren't open queues discriminating to people who are allergic to sun? :confused: :D

tracilicious
08-24-2003, 02:16 PM
if they would let people queue INSIDE indiana jones this wouldn't be a problem. but seeing as how it is...i am all for misters! (and misses too! :p )

SzczerbiakManiac
08-25-2003, 02:36 PM
Dear gawd, please! I'll take any/all of the aforementioned suggestions to make queueing a cooler experience.

fairytalelover
08-25-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Matterhorn Fan
It's an option at DCA. And I love the misters and water sprayers there. Right there at Flea Flix and in front of that tractor they have misters as well as those things that shoot water out so you can get soaked if you like. And in the heat we have been having we always walk across to DCA to get wet and go back to DL, because the heat is so unbearable sometimes.
Why can't DL just add some area like that?

millionairegirl
08-25-2003, 03:17 PM
I don't like the misters. I don't like feeling sticky, or my hair getting frizzy. Personally, I've never felt unbearably hot in a line at DL. I keep myself hydrated, and if I start to feel hot, I hang out in the air conditioning for a bit. I stave off the DL headaches that way pretty easily.

I've always felt the misters were sort of unhygenic. Just my personal opinion, I have no scientific data to back it up.

Ghoulish Delight
08-25-2003, 03:36 PM
I've got a mildly off topic, but ammusing mister story. We were at Magic Mountain yesterday. We got in line for the X Coaster at about 10:30AM, at which time it was already abismally hot. The line reached to a point where there was a shade overhang with misters running along the edge. But the misters weren't on :mad: How very useful. So we sweated our way through it. About 10 hours later, we walked back over there just to see how long the line was. At this point, it was 8:00, the sun was down, and it was cool and comfortable. And the misters were going full blast! We walked under them and it felt like we were being rained on. Where was that 10 hours earlier!?! AND, the line was shorter, so there wasn't even anyone under them. Fine example of water management by Magic Mountain :rolleyes:

I don't know if I'd like them at Disneyland. Can't put my finger on way. Maybe it's the wet walkways, maybe it's the fact that they would stick out theming-wise. I don't know. Just doesn't sit right.

Fantasmic Fan
08-26-2003, 03:20 PM
Disney probably will not install misters or fans for three reasons 1) costs money, 2) theme issues, & 3) a wet ground can cause someone to slip and fall, which will lead to law suit.

GreatWhiteShark
08-26-2003, 03:42 PM
I'm all for the water "misters" at DL queue lines.
I think they could fit in nicely at DL without taking away from the themeing.

1st. if DL Imaginers were to install them they would have them hidden or concealed so it looks like part of the theme.
2nd. they would only install them in the line queue not on the pathways to the rest of the park. So the chance of someone slipping will be less. ( you can't stop someone from slipping on dry pavement, also when it rains or sprinkles, do they close the park?)
3rd. I don't think that this is anymore disease infected that your public restroom at DL, it's just water.
4th. The cost would probably be minumal and I bet that DL can afford it.

For those of you who don't like them, I do understand, they are not everybody's cup of tea.:)

DisneyFan25863
08-26-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by fairytalelover
It's an option at DCA. And I love the misters and water sprayers there. Right there at Flea Flix and in front of that tractor they have misters as well as those things that shoot water out so you can get soaked if you like. And in the heat we have been having we always walk across to DCA to get wet and go back to DL, because the heat is so unbearable sometimes.
Why can't DL just add some area like that?

COUGH:COUGH:cosmic waves:COUGH:COUGH

God I have a bad cough today :fez:

Captain Josh
08-26-2003, 07:29 PM
yep, nothing better than rubbing up against a giant marble sphere....what? It used to have fountains? Poppy-cock!

Pirate Girl
08-26-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Fantasmic Fan
Disney probably will not install misters or fans for three reasons 1) costs money, 2) theme issues, & 3) a wet ground can cause someone to slip and fall, which will lead to law suit.

Well, rain can lead to wet ground and someone could slip and fall, which will lead to law suit. Should Disneyland be placed in a climate controlled bubble? :~D :fez:

mousey_girl
08-26-2003, 08:13 PM
Yes please, and install a/c while they're at it.

Lashbear
08-26-2003, 08:21 PM
Sig Line By mousey_girl :
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that
person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
:fez: :D hehehehehehe :D :fez:

PS: As a PWG (Person With Glasses) I found the misters at USH to be a bit vision-impairing, so I took the glasses off until in the building.

Not too much problem for me, but could be bad for someone with a really strong prescription !

SzczerbiakManiac
08-26-2003, 09:36 PM
100thGrimGrinningGhost wrote:
Should Disneyland be placed in a climate controlled bubble?I know you were joking, but I'm totally serious when I say this would be so frelling awesome I would kiss Eisner's... feet if they did it.

Captain Josh
08-26-2003, 09:40 PM
wait....climate controlled bubble cities....doesn't that factor into the Carousel of Progress, somehow? Isn't that what Walt wanted? (sorta, kinda...not really, never mind.)