PDA

View Full Version : Matterhorn closure...are they actually listening to the people and fixing the sleds??

HeavenOnEarth
04-10-2013, 08:15 AM
I would think that Disney would listen to the people and fix this horrible design...

Mom2
04-11-2013, 02:34 AM
I have not heard, but I sure hope you are right. I am not tall but I am heavy set and the ride is just darn uncomfortable in so many ways now. The majority vote is in and I hope you are right and they are listening! The design was about as smart as Panda Express changing their white fried rice to brown fried rice in the past week or so!

Goodnplenty
04-11-2013, 04:27 AM
Oh I hope so. Maybe they will try our WDW Space Mtn cars in there? Here's keeping my fingers crossed. :)

ManaByte
04-11-2013, 06:11 AM
I don't think they'll be going back to lap seating, but I do hope they adjust the current sled design.

When I was a CM back in 2005 they were talking about the move away from lap seating as some guests refused to ride that way due to religious reasons, so Disney was always planning on changing the sleds to accommodate everyone.

The WDW Space Mountain sleds would be good as the current ones hurt.

HeavenOnEarth
04-11-2013, 09:35 AM
I guess we will find out on Apr 27th :-)...crossing everything I have!

ManaByte
04-11-2013, 10:08 AM
I don't really think we'll see new sleds when it reopens. The Matterhorn goes down every year around this time as the 50+ year old ride needs that sort of maintenance.

It'd be nice to have less painful sleds, but I don't think it'll happen this time.

Karin
04-11-2013, 07:24 PM
Are they doing anything about how jerky, whiplashy the track is?

Drince88
04-11-2013, 07:35 PM
Given the duration of the ride closure:

Matterhorn Bobsleds – closed April 16–19, 23–26 for testing. from here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/10312/Disneyland_Resort_Update#Rehabs)
I seriously doubt they're going to be able to do anything about the track, nor even much of the normal 'annual' refurb work.

sjhanksaz
04-12-2013, 12:35 PM
I don't think they'll be going back to lap seating, but I do hope they adjust the current sled design.

When I was a CM back in 2005 they were talking about the move away from lap seating as some guests refused to ride that way due to religious reasons, so Disney was always planning on changing the sleds to accommodate everyone.

The WDW Space Mountain sleds would be good as the current ones hurt.

I am all for lap riding myself with the right person but usually I didn't ride that way and Disney never forced me to ride with someone else.

3Princesses1Prince
04-12-2013, 01:12 PM
I am all for lap riding myself with the right person but usually I didn't ride that way and Disney never forced me to ride with someone else.

I've never heard of anyone being asked if they'd even want to lap ride with anyone outside their group. And even within a group it wasn't forced.

sjhanksaz
04-12-2013, 01:17 PM
I've never heard of anyone being asked if they'd even want to lap ride with anyone outside their group. And even within a group it wasn't forced.

Yep. It did kind of slow down the line though. I can understand why Disney wanted to get rid of the lap riders. They can now get more on each train.