PDA

View Full Version : Is this Sunday the Goth thing?

cryan71
08-22-2003, 07:03 PM
I think I read that somewhere? I might actually have to come down on Sunday to check it out. Gonna hate walking around on crutches at Disneyland= but hey I can get a special assistance pass.

stan4d_steph
08-22-2003, 07:18 PM
Yes. This Sunday is the Goth "thing." (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?threadid=19323)

jerjer2005
08-22-2003, 08:22 PM
o neato... iv never been there on goth day before.... may have to take a spin on HM a few times!

cryan71
08-23-2003, 07:39 AM
I think i will buy a bunch of bright yellow Smiley face stickers and stick them on the back of their dark clothes. It will say "I'm goth, but a happy goth at that."

Not Afraid
08-23-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by cryan71
I think i will buy a bunch of bright yellow Smiley face stickers and stick them on the back of their dark clothes. It will say "I'm goth, but a happy goth at that."

Everyone sing! "Hap-py happy happy happy Goth, talk about think you like to dooooo.....

leota's necklace
08-23-2003, 03:49 PM

The term, actually, is "perkygoth".

BornieoTheLoveBug
08-24-2003, 02:21 AM
I wonder if the Goths will just sort of sigh and roll there eyes while on Big THunder Mountain instead of screaming.

Goat goes "BAAAHHHH"
Goths go : "Life sucks."

Coyote goes: "Yip, YIP!!"
Goths go: "Feh!!"

:cool:

cemeinke
08-24-2003, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by BornieoTheLoveBug
I wonder if the Goths will just sort of sigh and roll there eyes while on Big THunder Mountain instead of screaming.

Well today is certainly the day to find out - though there is no scheduled meet for Thunder, I'm sure you'll see Goths there throughout the day.
:cool:

cryan71
08-24-2003, 09:43 AM
Still trying to decide if I am coming down.

cemeinke
08-24-2003, 10:12 AM
Still trying to decide if I am coming down.

Castle at 1:00 PM

Mansion 8:00 PM

Are the places you want to be ;)

Captain Josh
08-24-2003, 12:11 PM
It's really, REALLY hot today....I wouldn't want to be out there wearing black right now....

cryan71
08-24-2003, 07:24 PM
Went down for about 5 hours after getting there at 1:15pm. I am on crutches, so I wasn't getting around as well. Looked like Rocky Horror reunion day :). Some the costumes were interesting, some showed little imagination. What shocked me was how old some the people were, some well into their 40s and probably 50s. I hid at the bar in the Grand Californian to read scripts -- got through three and went back to the park.

I ended hanging out by Rod, who now has an official fan club/cult and I bought one of the personalized $3 pins they are selling. Its funny, Rod sometimes remembers my name and sometimes he doesn't even though I've hung out there off an on since I worked there in 91 and 92. When I first met Rod, he introduced me to my boyfriend at the time, Lonnie. Wonder what happened to that parade boy. Didn't see any one else I knew.

Was tempted to go to this group of Marines and see if I could convince them to push me around in a wheelchair most of the day in exchange for using my special assistance pass. Maybe next weekend.

On a totally unrelated note, Diet Pepsi Slurpees (zero calories) might be actual proof that god exists.

Captain Josh
08-24-2003, 07:27 PM
Rod's fan club? Would that be the young men and women that sit next to the piano when he plays, and occaissionally dances to his tunes?

Morrigoon
08-24-2003, 10:37 PM
Young is stretching it a bit for some of them :) but basically yeah.

innerSpaceman
08-25-2003, 12:31 AM
I ended hanging out by Rod...Didn't see any one else I knew.

Hmmm, I saw you hanging at Coke Corner around 5:30ish. I was one of the well-into-my-40's, dressed fairly imaginatively (I thought - well provactively anyway). Noticed you were on crutches. Didn't say hi, cause that's like the new thing to do with us, isn't it?

cryan71
08-25-2003, 04:50 AM
You should have stopped by and said hi. Don't know what this "new thing" is.

Here is my question, is Bat day bigger than Gay day?

Not Afraid
08-25-2003, 08:12 AM

I don't know the numbers for Gay Day, but there were there were aprox 875 people at the 8pm meet at the Haunted Mansion and 999 happy Goths at the park.

As for being old.......Many of us began our Goth Period at during the Punk scene in '79-'80. That makes many of us in our late 30's early 40's. There were plenty of "youngish" Goth there today, but a great majority of us were "old". At the Meet and Greet on Saturday, there were plenty of over 40 people. I was happy to not be the oldest person at our table.:p The youngest person at our table was 34 - NOW that's old!;)

innerSpaceman
08-25-2003, 10:02 AM
I've a feeling that there are more red shirts on Gay Day than there are "black" shirts on Goth Day. NotAfraid had a pretty accurate count of the Goth Day turnout in the post above, but there is no similar number available for Gay Day. Judging by the big group picture, I'd say the Gay Day crowd is roughly 50% larger.

However, when it comes to style, to fun activities, to impact on the Park - - Goth Day is way bigger than Gay Day. A sea of red shirts is nothing compared to the Romance/Goth/Punk outfits on view for Bats Day. Ironic as it may seem, Gay Day fashion in downright staid in comparison to Goth Day duds. The presence of the Goths makes a much more noticeable impression of something unusual going on in the Park.

The Goths also have more fun meets and get-togethers during the course of the day. I think Goth Day is giving Gay Day a run for its money.

Maybe cause it's a smaller group, maybe because the outfits are so much more obvious than a red t-shirt - whatever the reason, I think the comraderie among Goths is a bit stronger and more fun than among gays.

This is not to knock Gay Day. Both are really fun days in the Park. I think we need more group days / dress-up days. One thing for certain though, it's way more fun dressing up for Goth Day than for Gay Day. I think that should change. We need some more outrageous outfits for Gay Day. A whole lot more people need to dress a whole lot more gay!

Sure ya do. Think Beverly Hills.

cemeinke
08-25-2003, 10:46 AM
Bats Day was a blast!

I had a great time, but boy are me feet tired – I can’t imagine what it was like for the folks in the high-heeled platform shoes, let alone the corsets :eek: !

Highlights of the day for included: Leading a stretching room full of Goths down the portrait gallery to the loading area (very invigorating and empowering)

A most enjoyable trip on Indy—all the effects were working and we had fun sitting in the front row playing along with the ride (though Not Afraid did get a bit fresh with one of the Goths sitting behind us).

Fun outing some of the Goth Cast Members—Who knew some of these wholesome CM would also have such a dark side ;)

Discovering it really is a small world after all, finding out (while riding small world) that a befriended Goth from the night before was also a Padder :fez:

Can't wait till next year.

Guest_Control
08-25-2003, 10:58 AM
I was working during Bats Day, and there wasn't an unreasonable ammount of "Goths" there. Most of them were really friendly, and I wish that every guest were as outgoing and polite as the people I met last night. I also noticed that there were an unusual amount of non-goth gays and lesbian couples that day. It seems like "Bats Day" is becoming a day for all types of groups to have fun at Disneyland.

I can't wait for next year's Bat Day, and hopefully I'll be able to participate in the fun, rather than being stuck on my attraction all day.

cryan71
08-25-2003, 11:28 AM
Most of them were really friendly, and I wish that every guest were as outgoing and polite as the people I met last night.

I second that. There were a few cute ones too.

Sure ya do. Think Beverly Hills

I really have no idea what you are talking about, but I look forward to hanging out with you the next time I am at Disneyland.