View Full Version : Disneyland Annual Pass on eBay

mriverej6
08-22-2003, 05:18 PM
hey everyone

i have a question..

i saw this auction on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2188199974&category=16071

is that legit?

if any information is available, i would like to know. i am possibly interested in bidding on it

thanks

Andrew
08-22-2003, 05:42 PM
Disneyland Annual Passports are nontransferable.

cstephens
08-22-2003, 05:42 PM
Well, it looks like it's a voucher for an AP, so that would be OK. When you pay for an AP, that's all they give you, and then you have to go in and have it processed. I can't imagine why they're selling it at a discount unless they bought them and can't use them for whatever reason. I believe there's an expiration date by which the AP has to be processed, so I'd check on that to make sure the vouchers are still valid. I'd also find out what they want for shipping, as if they ask for anything more than the cost of a postage stamp and envelope, they're charging too much. It's also not that much cheaper than what you can buy at the park, so you might want to consider whether it's worth the hassle and risk to buy this rather than just one at the park.

Originally posted by Andrew
Disneyland Annual Passports are nontransferable.

But that's only after they're processed, right? If you're just buying a voucher, they don't care what you do with it.

Matterhorn Fan
08-22-2003, 05:54 PM
Looks fishy to me.

Andrew
08-22-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
But that's only after they're processed, right? If you're just buying a voucher, they don't care what you do with it.

Yes, that's true. I didn't realize it was only a voucher.

I wonder why someone would be selling a voucher for an Annual Passport below face value?

Weather report: a little Frost in August.

If that means what I think it means, give them our best wishes and congratulations when you see them next, okay?

adriennek
08-22-2003, 06:31 PM
Well, from a really really really really long rambling shout in the auction description:

"WINNING BIDDER TO PAY 5.00 SHIPPING WITH DELIVERY CONFIRMATION"

I'm assuming this means they are shipping priority mail.

" I NORMALLY EXCEPT PAYPAL ... I CAN ONLY EXCEPT YOUR PAYPAL PAYMENT IF..."

:rolleyes: Ok, that right there would keep me from bidding just on the principle of the matter (not the principal...)

Adrienne

yobbie
08-22-2003, 08:38 PM
Ya know...after reading the description, he/she doesn't say you are actually getting a *Premium* Annual Passport...the description just says what comes with a PAP according to the Disney website. If I were you, I'd definitely email and ask about that before even considering making a bid.
Smiles,
Kristy :)

mousey_girl
08-23-2003, 12:09 AM
2 over used sayings come to mind: "Let the buyer beware" and "you get what you pay for."

SoCalDisneyLover
08-23-2003, 06:32 AM
I think a lot of times people are just way too critical, un-trusting, and plain mean-spirited.

This person is selling a voucher for an Annual Pass, which is certainly 100% valid. If you know anything about E-Bay(which I do)...then you can see their Feedback is High, and they are certainly legitimate. Obviously they somehow got this pass(probably at a discount), and are now selling it. And you can bank on the fact they Will sell it, even if it's at $175.

I buy & sell on E-Bay, and have picked up Disney pins, jackets, shirts, etc....there, but if you want to question it's reliability, then that's certainly your right. Keeps the prices lower for the rest of us.

I'd say if someone wants the pass listed, bid what you feel comfortable with, all things considered, and just keep in mind the $225 List Price when you do so.

Matterhorn Fan
08-23-2003, 07:05 AM
I'm with adriennek. I couldn't even read the description on the auction page (no paragraphing, all that ALLCAPS junk....blech). A line or two in, it turned out to be a cut & paste from the Disney website. It doesn't say "These are vouchers for Premium APs which must be processed at City Hall when you arrive at Disneyland," which is what I would expect a valid auction to say.

It may be valid, but I certainly feel it's logical to question the validity of this one (despite the feedback). This isn't a pin or video or jacket. You can't even tell if it's a fraud when your $5 package arrives at your door . . . you'd have to wait until you get to DL to find that out.

There's some readily-available expensive items out there that it just doesn't make sense to take your chances on. I'll take my chances on the generic zippy bags at the grocery store. At least if those suck I'm only out a couple bucks. ;)

lisap
08-23-2003, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by SoCalDisneyLover
I think a lot of times people are just way too critical, un-trusting, and plain mean-spirited.

Easy there. It's perfectly valid to speculate on the validity of items on Ebay--particularly something rather unusual like an AP. Worth some discussion. Would I buy my AP on Ebay? probably not, but it doesn't mean I think the guy is trying to pull something shady. It's just something I would rather go to Disney for directly. That's all, nothing mean spirited about it.

HBTiggerFan
08-23-2003, 11:02 AM
It doesn't say that it is for a PAP, however if you click on the enlarge image of the print side of the vouchers you can see that they are 2 park PAPs purchased for $225.

mousey_girl
08-23-2003, 11:55 AM
Is there a time limit from the time the voucher was purchased to the time it was used for the first time?

I looked up the seller's other pass, and it was first placed up for auction on August 10th.

shila
08-23-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by mousey_girl
Is there a time limit from the time the voucher was purchased to the time it was used for the first time?

I agree, please make sure you ask this question specifically and keep record of all email exchanges until you verify the vouchers are legit and work. I buy/sell on ebay all the time, the sellers feedback is good, my personal opinion is go ahead and bid but only if you make sure of the above.

Kevin Yee
08-23-2003, 07:18 PM
I wonder if Cast Members can buy Annual Passes vouchers at a discount? If so, that might explain why this eBay seller has several to sell at below-face-value.

In that event, the seller should watch out - Disney watches eBay from time to time, and if the seller really is using a CM discount to make money re-selling admission media, that's the kind of offense subject to instant termination.

donatello3000
08-23-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by mousey_girl

My friend and I bought vouchers from The Disney Store. We had 30 days to go to the park and use the voucher, and on that day of the visit, we would have to redeem them for annual passes.