PDA

View Full Version : What would you change about DCA?

DisneyBA
08-22-2003, 05:15 PM
If you were in total control, and could make all the decisions, what would you change about DCA to improve it???

Personally, after the Tower of terror opens, I would add a 2nd roller coaster on the extra land Disney has, and also follow through with the rumor of a Bellagio type water show themed after Little mermaid. On top of that, Cirque Du Soleil will add Cirque DCA, a circus type show for all ages. Doing all this will attract a lot more guests, so I would also expand the hours of DCA. All these additions, plus Soarin, grizzy river ride, maliboomer, bugs life, the roller coaster, and fliks world...DCA would be a park that would take a full day to take in. All of this would be a great start into building DCA as a great place to visit.
Your thoughts?

Captain Josh
08-22-2003, 05:28 PM
First off, as with the Submarine Lagoon, there needs to be something done with that abandoned body of water. I don't know what. A dancing watershow, one that works at least. Maybe those remote controlled boats from the old Disneyland Hotel days? (Do they still have those things?)

Next, we'd have to overhaul the theming and design. This has been addressed in another thread.

DCA needs overhauling up the wa-zoo, if you ask me.

Of course, since you're asking around here, I'll just pre-empt a lot of opinions and say it needs to be bulldozed and turned into back into a parking lot.

millionairegirl
08-22-2003, 05:41 PM
I can't believe people want to tear down DCA. I love it! But of course everything needs improvement:

1)Bring back Soap Opera Bistro, or at least add another 'adult' restaurant that is also not $85pp

2)Do something with the bay, an attraction, a show, anything!

3)Bring back Rockin the bay!

4)Take out Mulholland Madness/Golden Zephyr and replace them with a grandly themed e-ticket

Captain Josh
08-22-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by millionairegirl
I can't believe people want to tear down DCA. I love it!

It's sad....I personally love DCA, and if I weren't such a chicken, I'd go on all the rides and love it more...

cryan71
08-22-2003, 07:05 PM
Maybe they should bring in the Queer Eye for a Straight Guy fab five. They could redesign the park and make it cool.

merlinjones
08-23-2003, 07:10 AM
Why does it seem that the only people that are so enthusiastic about DCA (and keep flogging it) have only just registered to post in July and August? Interesting...

millionairegirl
08-23-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by merlinjones
Why does it seem that the only people that are so enthusiastic about DCA (and keep flogging it) have only just registered to post in July and August? Interesting...

See, this is the reason people say this is a 'negative' site. Just because I've only recently joined MP, doesn't mean I haven't been a Disney fan for a long time. And if hating DCA is a prerequisite for this site, than please remove me from this discussion board.

teach
08-23-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by millionairegirl
See, this is the reason people say this is a 'negative' site. Just because I've only recently joined MP, doesn't mean I haven't been a Disney fan for a long time. And if hating DCA is a prerequisite for this site, than please remove me from this discussion board.

Millionaire girl, some comments come from ignorance or insecurity, don't let it bother you. I think its good to hear differing ideas.

JeffG
08-23-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by merlinjones

Why does it seem that some people think there must be some sort of a conspiracy going on every time anyone says anything remotely positive about DCA? Why aren't you secure enough in your own opinions not to be threatened by those with a different view?

-Jeff

Captain Josh
08-23-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by JeffG
Why does it seem that some people think there must be some sort of a conspiracy going on every time anyone says anything remotely positive about DCA? Why aren't you secure enough in your own opinions not to be threatened by those with a different view?

-Jeff

Uh-oh...our cover's blown!! ABORT ABORT!!! :p

...seriously, though. We're all entitled to feel the way we feel about pretty much anything. We would not be individuals if we didn't. I mean, I like DCA, and yes, it could be better. But that doesn't make me hate it just because it can't live up to the huge, 48 year-in-the-making precedent (there's that word again..) set up by the park across the way.

sleepyjeff
08-24-2003, 10:32 PM
Oh, the changes I would love to make.

1>>>>>Transplant about 250 very tall trees from around the State and plant about half of them thru out the Park. The other half I would have planted around the perimeter of the Park. This park needs shade and privacy.

2>>>>>Lose woopi and put in an upbeat movie about California.

3>>>>>Bulldoze the route 66 section of Paradise Pier and build a first class E-ticket attraction( ride not movie!) that can be enjoyed by all ages and heights.

4>>>>>Develope a World Class nightime water show for the bay.
also: Turn the Wave machine back on and spend the
money it would take to make the show work
with the waves intead of either/or.

5>>>>>Turn the superstar limo building into a 1st class dark ride in which the trackless system used in Tokyo for their Pooh ride would be employed.

6>>>>>SKY WAY to Disneylands' Tommorwland. The roof of the soap opera bistro would make a great landing pad.

7>>>>>Develope two first class Parades: One for Day time which could feature a dozen or more inspirational floats featuring historical and or cultural icons and a Night time Parade that could glow almost dreamlike with visions of the future of California.

8>>>>>Using the Timon Parking area I would build a Super Encounter type attraction in which guest would board large Indy type vehicles and travel thru huge Dioramic type sets. These sets would depict various time and places of California history.
Each set would include one or two "events" like an earthquake or a flash flood or even a bank robbery.

9>>>>>Leave the Park open at least a couple hours after sunset...since this is the only time the park looks half-way nice.

10>>>>>Improve the quality of both the souviniers and the food.

There is so much more that needs to be done with this 2nd rate theme(I am being generous saying theme) park. I only hope that someday the folks that really make the decisions figure out that half measures and cornball promotions won't fix this place. Only fully funded attractions and shows will bring about the "fix" that they so desperately (and at Disneylands expense) seem to want.