PDA

View Full Version : Boysen-apple Drink

TTFN92
04-03-2013, 07:49 AM
I was just wondering if anyone has had one and if they are good. I really like the Redd's Apple Freeze and I love Boysenberry Punch from Knott's so this sounds like a winning combination. I saw the cups in a pic on Facebook this morning and got me wondering about it.

olegc
04-03-2013, 11:11 AM
I liked it because it was not as heavily-sweet as Red's was. The boysenberry gave it a little bit of tartness. The lemon foam on the top is an afterthought but adds to the tart balance for the sweet apple slush.

BlkPearlCptn
04-03-2013, 11:14 AM
Do you know if you can get it without the foam on top? I am deathly allergic to lemon and want to try this.

olegc
04-03-2013, 11:15 AM
Do you know if you can get it without the foam on top? I am deathly allergic to lemon and want to try this.

i don't know for sure since I have never asked- but they make each one individually and I believe the CMs would honor your request for no lemon.

familymemories
04-03-2013, 11:16 AM

Just tell them your allergic and don't want it on. They should do it for you.

LauraTD
04-03-2013, 03:32 PM
I had one earlier this week. I liked it after I stirred it up, but the boysenberry part by itself was too tart for my taste and my first sip was nothing but.

ImAlwaysCrazy
04-09-2013, 08:45 PM
It is not lemon foam it's passion fruit foam. According to Disney parks blog.

olegc
04-09-2013, 08:58 PM
It is not lemon foam it's passion fruit foam. According to Disney parks blog.

thanks for the correction - though mine was very tart like lemon - so I hope it did not go bad or something.

ImAlwaysCrazy
04-09-2013, 09:01 PM
Regardless of any flavor foam topping is tart. I olive
The Boysen apple freeze. The reds apple freeze is good but the boysenberry makes it better.

Micki0624
04-10-2013, 02:26 AM
I was just wondering if anyone has had one and if they are good. I really like the Redd's Apple Freeze and I love Boysenberry Punch from Knott's so this sounds like a winning combination. I saw the cups in a pic on Facebook this morning and got me wondering about it.

Where do you get this drink? I love boysenberry. I have to know so I can look for it when we go to DL in June.

LauraTD
04-10-2013, 04:59 AM
You can get one at Maurice's Treats in the new Fantasy Faire.

TTFN92
04-11-2013, 06:09 PM
My son is going to DL on Sat with his HS choir. (You could say I'm a bit jealous ;).) I told him to get this drink. I think I need to text him to remind him :).

TTFN92
04-15-2013, 12:59 PM
According to my son the Boysen-Apple drink is one of his new favorites and beats out Redd's Apple Freeze. Sounds like a winner. He also converted all his choir friends to the Mint Julep :D. What a good kid! Now I want my DL treats.

Disneyphile
04-16-2013, 05:11 PM
I loved it, but it was a little too sweet for me. But, then again, I usually drink tea and water most of the time.

DL Mama
04-16-2013, 07:23 PM
thanks for the correction - though mine was very tart like lemon - so I hope it did not go bad or something.

Passion fruit (lilikoi in Hawaii) IS very tart. You can sub the juice for lemon in all kinds of desserts...of course you have to order it onliine first...So, no, yours didn't go bad. (And now I might have to try it!)

cheshirecatgirl
04-21-2013, 04:27 PM
I had the Boysen Apple freeze twice this weekend while waiting for the Tangled show. I thought it was very good, not too sweet or tart. I liked it much better than Red's, which had a caramel flavor that I didn't care for. BTW, the cheddar garlic twists are really good too! And the Tangled show is excellent!

rivermary
04-21-2013, 10:13 PM
Tried this today, I really liked it. I would say my girls did too, as I left it unguarded on the table in the Golden Horseshoe while getting them a sundae to share. When I got back to the table there was only about 1/4 of my drink left and two very guilty faces.