PDA

View Full Version : Annual Passholder Newsletter - the highlights

AVP
08-22-2003, 03:50 PM
Annual Passholder update

Disneyland Resort annual passholders should see the Autumn newsletter in their mailboxes this week. Here are the highlights:

* The newsletter includes a coupon for a free $10 gift card with any $50 purchase at your local Disney Store.

* Annual passholder discounts are available at the Paradise Pier hotel from August 31 - December 12. Rates are $79 per night weekdays, and $119 per night weekends. AP rooms are also available at the Disneyland Hotel and Disney's Grand Californian Hotel at higher rates.

* The well-reviewed Nightmare Before Christmas film screening will again take place at the Disneyland Resort. The screening is October 30, details to follow.

* Disney Chefs Series Pin #5 will be released on September 7, and will feature a "Kuchenchef" in front of the Carnation Cafe. APs can receive this pin free with a meal purchase of $20 or more at selected restaurants.

* A new collection of collectible sew-on patches will be released each Sunday during the Haunted Mansion Holiday run. APs can receive this pin free with a meal purchase of $20 or more at the French Market and Cafe Orleans.

* A new tour will debut this fall, ofering an "interactive character experience for the whole family." An annual passholder preview is scheduled before the tour is available to the public.

* APs can purchase lower view box and upper view tickets to selected Angels baseball games for just $3.00.

AVP

Not Afraid
08-22-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by AVP
Annual Passholder update

* Disney Chefs Series Pin #5 will be released on September 7, and will feature a "Kuchenchef" in front of the Carnation Cafe. APs can receive this pin free with a meal purchase of $20 or more at selected restaurants.

Does this feature the long-time chef at the Plaza Inn? I forget his name at the moment, but I believe it is hispanic (or maybe that's just the homemade tamales I'm eating);)

Matterhorn Fan
08-22-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by AVP
* A new collection of collectible sew-on patches will be released each Sunday during the Haunted Mansion Holiday run. APs can receive this pin free with a meal purchase of $20 or more at the French Market and Cafe Orleans. Patch or pin? :confused:

chinamama
08-22-2003, 10:15 PM
so can you tell me what the prices for DH and GCH are going to be? and is there a rate code???

I don't think I have ever gotten a AP Newsletter yet!!!
and we have had our AP for 10 months now, so I am not holding my breath, but we are going the 1st week of Oct. : :confused:

Thanks!!!

lisap
08-23-2003, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by Matterhorn Fan
Patch or pin? :confused:

Patch.

The Carnation Pin is with a food purchase of 20.00 as well though, but at more locations than just French Market and Cafe Orleans.

Clear as mud?

As far as the Resort room's discount--When you check in ask for rate plan APF. They will ask you for your annual pass barcode and want proof of AP at check-in.

It does not specify the rates at the DL or GC. They will be higher, of course.

experiment626
08-25-2003, 09:39 PM
anything about discounts for admission for friends? I am looking for a 2 day hopper for Dec 31 / Jan 1

goofsailor
08-26-2003, 02:13 AM
"* A new tour will debut this fall, ofering an 'interactive character experience for the whole family.' "

Any explanations on exactly what this is yet?

yeo_foxe
08-26-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by AVP
Annual Passholder update

* The well-reviewed Nightmare Before Christmas film screening will again take place at the Disneyland Resort. The screening is October 30, details to follow.

AVP

I got the letter but missed this!

Whoo hoo! Best event ever!!!!

If my regency suit is done I'll wear that, or maybe I'll do a Sparrow costume...

AVP
08-26-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by yeo_foxe
If my regency suit is done I'll wear that, or maybe I'll do a Sparrow costume... Yeah - someone else who's already planning their ensemble! I just bought a killer outfit at an outlet in Oakland, but it has a long-sleeved, lined and embroidered satin jacket. If it's too warm still to wear that to the HMH event, I'm planning to wear it to the Nightmare screening.

AVP

Pirate Girl
08-26-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by chinamama
so can you tell me what the prices for DH and GCH are going to be? and is there a rate code???

I don't think I have ever gotten a AP Newsletter yet!!!
and we have had our AP for 10 months now, so I am not holding my breath, but we are going the 1st week of Oct. : :confused:

Thanks!!!

You can download the newsletter in the AP section of the Disney (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/annualPassholder/APContent) web site. Be prepared to provide your AP card number if you have never used the site before.

yeo_foxe
08-27-2003, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by AVP
Yeah - someone else who's already planning their ensemble!
AVP

I was already planning to make the Sparrow suit before I found out that the screening was happening again. Some friends are planning a pirate themed party.

Just gives me another excuse to actually make it :-D (I already have the boots! All I need to do is turn down the cuffs of my faire boots...)