PDA

View Full Version : disneyland social media scavenger hunt

disneylandkitty
03-31-2013, 09:04 PM
I had a blast today at the social media scavenger hunt disneylandtoday put on through out disneyland. The hunt started at 10am and lasted to 1pm. It was so much fun. At the top of every hour they posted a clue on twitter you had to take a picture of your disneylandtoday button at the place the clue refered to. They gave out buttons at the begining of the event. The first clue was the petting zoo, the second was great moments with mr Lincoln, the third was Tarzan tree house, and the final clue was the front of frontierland. The first 36 people to complete the hunt received a prize. The first 36 people got a plastic easter egg telling them the prize they had won.The prizes were Oswald ears, green bunny ears, glow with the show ears, yummy treats and fast fasses. Unfortantly I was one of roughly 100 people that didn't win a prize however I had a lot of fun and hope they do something again like this soon. It was kinda like an adult Easter egg hunt. It reminded me of my childhood. They had another hunt at dca at 4pm. I would of stayed for it however I was getting tired so I went home before it started. If you want to see the clues or learn more you can check out twitter @dcatoday, @disneylandtoday or #hoppyhunt.

AZImmortal
04-04-2013, 06:22 PM
I couldn't figure out the last Disneyland clue even though I saw someone's blog post with a picture of the answer. The clue is: "This place dons the original name of the entrance to Frontierland." The answer appears here (http://www.adventuresbydaddy.com/2013/04/01/happy-hopping-disneyland-social-media-scavenger-hunt/) (I don't want to immediately spoil it for anyone who might want to think about what the answer is). Can someone explain what the connection is?

TTFN92
04-04-2013, 09:20 PM
I'd like to know too.

ImDMous
04-05-2013, 01:49 PM
"Rancho del Zocalo" translates to mean "Ranch of the Square" in English. The word "zocalo" has an interesting history at Disneyland Park. The open area at the entrance to Frontierland used to be called "El Zocalo" or "town square."

This is from the Rancho Del Zocalo page on the Disney website.

AZImmortal
04-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Now I wish that I had the foresight to look at the RDZ page. Thanks for that.

TTFN92
04-05-2013, 04:21 PM
Thank you.