PDA

View Full Version : Turkey Leg T-Shirt

minniemousie88
03-28-2013, 09:25 AM
Hello all,

New to the board :) Sorry if this has been posted, I had checked posts back using the search option but have found nothing that resolves my question.

I'm getting ready to go to California and Disneyland in about 2 weeks, so excited! My boyfriend is unable to come on the trip with me, and he LOVES the turkey legs at the resort. I know there are turkey leg shirts available online, but I was thinking to purchase one at the resort as part of a souvenir gift for him since I can't bring home a turkey leg for him. Does anyone know which exact stores I can find the shirt? I'm thinking Frontierland, but I'm not quite clear. Just thought I'd ask so I wouldn't have to spend the whole day searching for it! Thanks for your help.

Shortpix77
03-28-2013, 09:26 AM
I'm sure they have them in quite a few stores, but I know for sure I've seen it at the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney. Hope you have a great trip!

minniemousie88
03-28-2013, 09:30 AM
Thank you for your quick reply and help! :) Come to think of it, they probably do have them in stock in a bunch of places around the park, but I'll be sure to stop by the WOD store before I venture into the the park!

Drince88
03-28-2013, 09:47 AM
If you want to REALLY earn points with him - on your last day, bring some foil with you into the park, buy a turkey leg and wrap it up in foil, and it should make it home 'safely', especially since they're smoked.

ETA: I assume (which is dangerous) that they still have the turkey leg air freshners!

candles71
03-28-2013, 10:30 AM
The Disney store online has them in the parks merchandise still, (Both the shirts and the air fresheners) so they should both still be in the park. World of Disney is always a good starting point. I think the first time I saw the tee was in the Emporium. These ladies are pretty awesome at knowing whereto find something if they don't have it.
I just looked again and there is a sweatshirt and boxers in the line as well..

cstephens
03-28-2013, 10:44 AM
Lani had posted this info elsewhere, but there's also a turkey leg-themed watch (http://www.disneystore.com/watches-accessories-turkey-leg-watch-for-adults-disney-parks/mp/1327093/1000302/).

currence
03-28-2013, 10:48 AM
They may be discontinuing the turkey leg shirts or changing the somehow. There was a ton of them at the Disney Store Outlet in Oxnard last time I was there. I don't suppose your boyfriend is an adult small? I seem to have come home with an extra of that size.

candles71
03-28-2013, 10:55 AM
The brown ones are gone from the site with a white one with a slightly different logo. The sweatshirt is the brown one. Oh and thanks C, i saw the watch as well but forgot to mention it. :p

minniemousie88
03-28-2013, 12:28 PM
Thank you all for your help! Hopefully they will still be in stock when I get there, I plan on getting the shirt, air freshener (hilarious), and boxers (thanks to all who mentioned the other items in the turkey leg line!). I think WOD would be a great starting point as well.

@Drince88 A good idea, was thinking of that, however, I will only be at the park for one day and will be spending a week after visiting family in the area so I don't think the turkey leg would be able to stay as fresh and delicious during the duration of my trip + travel time :(

@currence I think an adult small would be snug on him, unfortunately! But thanks for the info, hope to catch all the merchandise in time when I'm there.

Drince88
03-28-2013, 01:40 PM
@Drince88 A good idea, was thinking of that, however, I will only be at the park for one day and will be spending a week after visiting family in the area so I don't think the turkey leg would be able to stay as fresh and delicious during the duration of my trip + travel time :(

Oh, bummer.
Have fun visiting with your family!

Kuzcofan
03-28-2013, 02:30 PM
Don't forget abvout the turkey leg air freshner.

Princess of Pi
03-28-2013, 04:11 PM
In December they had turkey leg decorated rice krispies treats at Pooh's corner, if I remember correctly. Those would probably survive a week and still be edible.

danyoung
03-28-2013, 04:35 PM
....I'll be sure to stop by the WOD store before I venture into the the park!

No, don't do that, as you'll then have to carry the shirt around with you. Just check out the Emporium on your way out. If they don't have it, THEN go to the WOD store and make your purchase.

Shortpix77
03-29-2013, 07:04 AM
Or if you do want to get it earlier in the day, just take it to the Newstand just inside the entrance of the park -- they'll hold shopping purchases all day long, no charge! I love that service.

candles71
03-29-2013, 07:18 AM
We have exited the park to find World of Disney closed already. It was after midnight, but we could still shop on Main Street, but they won't let you back in at that point.

Blacksheep Uncle
03-29-2013, 06:26 PM
The only place I have seen them consistently is the store in Frontierland...

AnotherJenny
03-29-2013, 07:00 PM
Yesterday I saw a turkey leg watch at WoD and a magnet there and at the Emporium.