PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Hotel Room Help!

bobandkevin
08-22-2003, 06:47 AM
Hey y'all,
We will be leaving for the DH next week and I was looking into making a room request. We normally go to WDW and on the few occasions that we have gone to DL, we have stayed at the GCH, so I am very unaware. Any room recommendations? (Pool View) Also, do I fax it, email it, to where? Thanks for any help.
Kev

Just 6 days to happiness!!!!!!!!:D

tjrj
08-22-2003, 02:44 PM
Gotta admit I like the water view rooms in the Bonita Tower. But be sure to ask for 'water view" or you'll be looking at a small parking lot. Nice big, sunny rooms(I found our room at the GCH to be small and dark-loved the atmosphere though). We were right over the waterfall with a view of Fantasy Waters(if they're still doing that), koi fish and not so close to the pool area that we ever had a hard time with noise. Have fun!

tjrj
08-22-2003, 02:47 PM
Oh! duh-forgot to add: I just called the DLH number and asked for "room reservation request" with my confirmation number. You could probably fax it though but I liked speaking with a human and knowing that my request was received(write down who you talked to and the date and time).

DopeyWife
08-22-2003, 04:44 PM
We just stayed in the Sierra Tower last week with a wonderful view of Downtown Disney. We were even able to watch the fireworks from our room. I requested the view and tower when I made my reservations, but I'm sure you could call back like tjrj suggested with your confirmation number and request a view/tower.

wendybeth
08-22-2003, 07:30 PM
We stayed at the DH last summer and requested a lower level pool view in the Sierra tower. (I posted a review here at MP). The room was on the fourth floor near the elevators. It was smaller than other rooms; there was no daybed and only one basin in the bathroom, but the view was perfect. I requested the tower when I upgraded our room several weeks before arriving. The cm I spoke with couldn't guarantee tower placement but we wound up where we wanted to be. I understand if you are too near the end of the tower the view is not as good, so try to get a room near the center. Have a great time!:cool:

innerSpaceman
08-22-2003, 07:55 PM
The north corner rooms in the Sierra Tower are particularly large. (Be careful, though, the south corner rooms are particularly small.)

julia
08-23-2003, 11:23 AM
Hi,

I always request the Sierra Tower on a high floor.....

I suggest sending a fax about 4 days before you arrive - Disney prefers the fax over a phone call, and they start assigning rooms about 4 days in advance. I worry about a Cast Member taking my request on the phone and then, getting busy and forgetting to pass along the information to the folks assigning rooms.

The fax number that I use to make special requests for rooms is:
(714) 956-6597 for the Disneyland Hotel. If you have more than one special request, list them in the order of priority for you in case they can't accommodate all of your requests.

Finally, Disney can't guarantee all special requests, but they do try hard to accommodate special requests. In practice, I have had very, very good luck in having special requests granted, so hope abounds.

Have a great day!

bobandkevin
08-23-2003, 02:10 PM
Thanks for all your help! I've got my fingers crossed!