PDA

View Full Version : Valet parking

dasrock
08-22-2003, 12:43 AM
ok what's the current charge for valet parking at the Grand Californian?
We self parked last visit with the rental car. Now I'am taking my baby and don't want any door dings...

cstephens
08-22-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by dasrock
ok what's the current charge for valet parking at the Grand Californian?
We self parked last visit with the rental car. Now I'am taking my baby and don't want any door dings...

Of course, there's no guarantee that you won't get door dings just because it's being parked by a valet...

Grandbreaker
08-22-2003, 08:45 AM
$ 12.00 extra per day I know the valets they do take care of your car/suv/truck don't stiff them they would like a tip thats how they get paid.

chinamama
08-22-2003, 10:27 AM
So is the $12.00 in addition to the Resort/Parking fee of $7.00, or instead of???? :eek:

Anthony
08-22-2003, 11:11 AM
Great question on the valet issue. I am also perplexed by this issue, but then again I often enter an elevator and forget to hit a button... Moving on, I too will be staying at the GCH in mid-October. My GF knows we are going to DL, but doesn't know we are staying at GCH (we have never been there either). I have heard that it is pretty sweet to pull up to the doors and they grab your bags, etc. and park your car. Sounds good, huh?

For some reason, I can't get away from the fact that while my car is just sitting for five days, I will still pay $12 for them driving my car accross the street.... Is it psycho to have them valet my car the first night, then the next day find some reason to leave the grounds and have them bring me my car, and then self park when i get back? Does that make any sense? Also, if that plan isn't too lame, where would I go on my little journey? Is there a beach nearby, or anything else noteworthy?

Hope this makes sense, overall I have a lot better ways of spending $60.00. (although there is a little voice deep inside of me that reminds me that I am spending a chunk of change on this little trip, so what is another $60.00? I have been reminded by friends that for the cost of our trip we could go on a nice cruise or go to the Hawaiian Islands.....)

What do YOU think?

Grandbreaker
08-22-2003, 11:29 AM
The 12.00 is extra on top of the resort fee. I know that they don't park the cars across the street that's for self parking. The cars are park under the grand large trucks and suv are park next to the grand in a secure parking lot only valet has the key.