PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars at DLR surveys being distributed.?!

Pages : [1] 2

nowen1
03-26-2013, 03:14 PM
I have seen this reported on Cinema Blend and on Skift. Not sure where a new "land" would go at the resort, or if thet are weighing options on using it as a theme for a Tomorrowland remodel or a total overhaul to Star Warsland? I can not imagine Space Mountain going any where and Buzz is still very popular but every thing else could be replaced if done right (and after seeing carsland they know how to do it right). Unless this is spit-balling for a third gate.

TTFN92
03-26-2013, 04:14 PM
What's SW?

cstephens
03-26-2013, 04:37 PM
I assume Star Wars.

candles71
03-26-2013, 05:06 PM
No links to the articles?

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
03-26-2013, 10:02 PM
I would love to read the articles.

vratiana
03-26-2013, 10:05 PM
I got the survey emailed to me a few days ago. It was really interesting. it asked how big of a star wars fan I was, had me rank the movies, rank characters, etc. Then it asked which locations you'd want to see in a SW themed land. It listed just about every planet and city from the series. One of the ones i picked was the deAth star, and then it listed locations in the deAth star and asked which I would most want to see (trash compactor, landing bay, etc) Then it had photos of at least 50 characters, asking who you'd like to see in the park. From Luke to Ewoks to Greido to Bib Fortuna. Then, my fAvorite part was the end, it was a trivia test, like 10 hard questions, i'm guessing to really see how big of a fan you are? Seems like the are trying to decide how much classic triolgy vs new trilogy vs clone wars/animated stuff to include, which lands and which characters to include. One of the specific questions was "would you rather see 3 different lands/areas with 1 ride in each or 2 different lands with 2 rides in each?"

I've gotten several surveys over the years and this one was really fun to take.

nowen1
03-27-2013, 06:17 AM
http://skift.com/2013/03/22/star-wars-park-coming-to-disneyland-survey-says-maybe/

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Star-Wars-Theme-Park-Works-Disneyland-36523.html

these are the articles

sjhanksaz
03-27-2013, 06:30 AM
I would go for it. Tomorrowland feels like it is lacking a bit. Or they could put it where Toontown is.

ogold72
03-27-2013, 06:51 AM
I would go for it. Tomorrowland feels like it is lacking a bit. Or they could put it where Toontown is.

http://skift.com/2013/03/22/star-wars-park-coming-to-disneyland-survey-says-maybe/

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Star-Wars-Theme-Park-Works-Disneyland-36523.html

these are the articles

Even with my 2 under 5 year olds, I could still do without Toontown - turn it into Star Wars Land!

Thanks for adding the articles Nowen1

nowen1
03-27-2013, 06:59 AM
I guess they could do a Toontown type thing and blow out the berm again behind the rivers and next to toontown and use the festival/roundup area as well (I would say replace Toontown but my kids love it).

ogold72
03-27-2013, 07:35 AM
I guess they could do a Toontown type thing and blow out the berm again behind the rivers and next to toontown and use the festival/roundup area as well (I would say replace Toontown but my kids love it).

My kid loves Toontown too - but she would love Star Wars Land MORE and quickly forget about Toon Town

Teddi
03-27-2013, 07:00 PM
I think I feel the same... Toontown? vs Star WarsLand? Raze it!

bumblebeeonarose
03-27-2013, 07:28 PM
They could keep it in Tomorrowland, then we could keep Toontown.

ogold72
03-27-2013, 07:50 PM
I think I feel the same... Toontown? vs Star WarsLand? Raze it!

Yes! Prepare the Imperial Walkers for a ground assault on Toontown!

sjhanksaz
03-27-2013, 07:55 PM

I would pay to see that movie in 3D

oregontraveler
03-27-2013, 09:17 PM

I can see them crashing thru the railroad berm, only to be taken down by barrels of 'dip'

jcatron243
03-28-2013, 01:55 AM
I took the survey too! My son and Husband are so thrilled at the possibility of a new Star Wars themed land.

ogold72
03-28-2013, 04:27 AM
I can see them crashing thru the railroad berm, only to be taken down by barrels of 'dip'

Ah Ha! Dip on works on Toons! Imperial Walkers are REAL. :)

olegc
03-28-2013, 07:11 AM
so what if the options were to add a segment to an existing land? I doubt they will go this small - but hmmmm... and, of course, now that this survey came out the discussion of a Marvel-themed area is not on anyone's mind right now. Interesting how the hottest news in the Disney company generates Marketing surveys and feelers (Avengers movie success for a Marvel land, Star Wars right purchase for a Star Wars land) but I wonder how long before you see anything really happening. 2 years? 3? 5? ....and what if Star Wars VII is terrible? (it could happen). Remember how the anticipation of Tron's reboot spurred ideas and discussions - then nothing... Mind you we're talking Star Wars here but I wonder how deeply committed they are to a true land. They ask for survey answers because they need the data - but that doesn't mean they'll deliver on everything. Carsland taught some valuable lessons (actually re-taught Walt's old lessons) but I will wait on what will be announced - and then produced - before you can really judge how great it would be.

nowen1
03-28-2013, 07:15 AM

Just need to tell the right people that the new rebel base is in toontown and it shall be done.

ogold72
03-28-2013, 07:20 AM
so what if the options were to add a segment to an existing land? I doubt they will go this small - but hmmmm... and, of course, now that this survey came out the discussion of a Marvel-themed area is not on anyone's mind right now. Interesting how the hottest news in the Disney company generates Marketing surveys and feelers (Avengers movie success for a Marvel land, Star Wars right purchase for a Star Wars land) but I wonder how long before you see anything really happening. 2 years? 3? 5? ....and what if Star Wars VII is terrible? (it could happen). Remember how the anticipation of Tron's reboot spurred ideas and discussions - then nothing... Mind you we're talking Star Wars here but I wonder how deeply committed they are to a true land. They ask for survey answers because they need the data - but that doesn't mean they'll deliver on everything. Carsland taught some valuable lessons (actually re-taught Walt's old lessons) but I will wait on what will be announced - and then produced - before you can really judge how great it would be.

What lessons did Carsland teach? Im not hip to any of that.

Star Wars is still thriving after fans enduring episodes I-III, so I would think SW would be strong enough to withstand any poor performance from VII.

bumblebeeonarose
03-28-2013, 08:14 AM
http://www.wired.com/underwire/2012/11/tomorrowland-star-wars/

Found this article last night. It's from November though, and it's just someone's speculation.

olegc
03-28-2013, 10:34 AM
What lessons did Carsland teach? Im not hip to any of that.

Star Wars is still thriving after fans enduring episodes I-III, so I would think SW would be strong enough to withstand any poor performance from VII.

that if you really work hard and plan correctly, create attractions and immersive theming throughout and don't skimp, and make sure people can identify with where they are and truly believe that are in a place - then you will have success - no matter how much it costs. They did not have that at DLR or other locales for a while and Carsland showed the difference. yes there are some people who are not as enamored with it - or BVS for that matter - but the dollars don't lie. Spend is way up, attendance is up, etc.

That being said - it's interesting that today the DParks Blog announced the Iron Man Tech exchibit at Innoventions - goes to what I was mentioning about all the hype last 2 years over a Marvel land and what may or may not come in. Well, that is a start I guess. Using exhisting buildings, etc.

Now for a full SW Land - it would have to be quite large. either toontown (though you can't go too far back due to all of the other buildings and the fireworks platform back there) or maybe they gut innoventions, autopia, etc and make a complete redo - with the lagoon area too behind Small World Plaza. Kind of thin but could be done. They could also make it stretch in narrow path along the back side of the park. behind the berm.

the only problem with toontown or back side is fireworks. Safety codes deem it necessary to close Toontown for the night when Fireworks are launched. I don't think they could justify closing SW land for that long, and I don't think they;d be willing to modify the fireworks layout. it took so long to figure out traffic patterns and flow for closures up to this point I don;t know if the parks would go through that again. So - my guess would have to be innoventions/autopia (and maybe gutting Pizza Port).

or a third gate.

ogold72
03-28-2013, 11:03 AM
Ok - yep, Cars Land looks amazing - I cant wait to visit.

For SW Land, maybe they can build up, instead of only out. I can do without the submarine ride , but the nostalgia that goes with that attraction is powerful. I would see Toontown going maybe with a relocation of Mickey and Minnies house, those are really good for kids and they would be missed

sjhanksaz
03-28-2013, 01:01 PM
Turn Space Mountain into Death Star Mountain and them it and the coaster cars to look like something from SW

Inovations - gone and replace it with something really good.

Perhaps the idea of going up with the rides and the area could happen. Seems to me like when they show the futuristic cities in the movies they are all elevated. Not sure what that would look like to the rest of the park but having walk ways or skyways and rides and attractions built into buildings several stories high may be kind of cool and different