PDA

View Full Version : new haunted mansion merchandise - arrived yet?

olegc
03-25-2013, 10:43 PM
Has anyone else seen whether some of the HM new pieces have arrived yet at the resort?
A CM told me once you could find many items on accident in other parts of the resort. (a maleficent scarf in Star Trader - go figure).
THey do have the throw blanket and the frame - but I'm particularly looking for the hour glass, candelabras, music box, and the coasters (and more in the coming months).

A lot of this stuff has already appeared in WDW - just not here that I have seen.

I noticed just now that (once again) more detailed information is in the comments (instead of the story - that's annoying to me). and the locations are listed. I will have to check.

if you have seen them - chime in
PARKS BLOG STORY (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/02/nine-new-chilling-thrilling-haunted-mansion-merchandise-items-from-disney-parks/)

leota's necklace
03-26-2013, 05:04 AM
We saw the gargoyle candlesticks (a few) as well as the throw, pillow, and frame when we were there 2 weeks ago. Holding out for the box and bottle toppers, though the frame and candlesticks were tempting....

Shortpix77
03-26-2013, 06:58 AM
I saw the throw and the pillow as well on Saturday -- I looked for the other items, but didn't find any besides those two.

olegc
03-26-2013, 07:07 AM
We saw the gargoyle candlesticks (a few) as well as the throw, pillow, and frame when we were there 2 weeks ago. Holding out for the box and bottle toppers, though the frame and candlesticks were tempting....

I saw the throw and the pillow as well on Saturday -- I looked for the other items, but didn't find any besides those two.

can you tell me which shops? Le Bat and Port Royale did not have them when I visited last week, and the blog does say the items are actually on Main St.

Shortpix77
03-26-2013, 08:43 AM
can you tell me which shops? Le Bat and Port Royale did not have them when I visited last week, and the blog does say the items are actually on Main St.

Shoot, the name of the store is escaping me... it's near Le Bat, on the same side of the street but further down, just before you hit the outdoor cartoon artist. There's usually a bunch of Jack stuff in the store.

olegc
03-26-2013, 08:51 AM
Shoot, the name of the store is escaping me... it's near Le Bat, on the same side of the street but further down, just before you hit the outdoor cartoon artist. There's usually a bunch of Jack stuff in the store.

actually THAT is now Le Bat en Rouge (note the red outside facade). The old Le Bat is now called Port Royal. There is Jack stuff in that store but also a bunch of other T-shirts and women's apparel. That's what is in there lately.

OT - but it seems that the descriptions of what is in each store is off online compared to what's in there. I would say that Le Bat has a TON more Jack stuff than Port Royal does (only about 1/4 of the store). This was at least my impression from last week's visit.

cstephens
03-26-2013, 10:09 AM
I would say that Le Bat has a TON more Jack stuff than Port Royal does (only about 1/4 of the store). This was at least my impression from last week's visit.

That might depend on whether you mean Jack Skellington or Jack Sparrow. I think I was noticing a mixture of Jack Skellington/Nightmare and Pirates merchandise in Port Royal. Le Bat en Rouge seems to be just a name now, rather than theming - they just seem to rotate random stuff through there.

dhcloud
03-27-2013, 08:06 AM
I picked up the hourglass, coasters and frame a month ago. Coasters I actually pickup up the 17th of Feb for my birthday. I got the hourglass from the watch shop on Main St (name escapes me now) and they just sold the last frame, so they told me to go to Vault 28 for the frame. When I went there, they had frames, hourglasses and coasters. But this was also before they even announced it on the blog, so it looks like they were slowly adding them to the park. When I got the coasters, the CM didn't even know that they were coasters, he thought it was just decoration for the shelves behind the register.

Shortpix77
03-27-2013, 08:09 AM
I picked up the hourglass, coasters and frame a month ago. Coasters I actually pickup up the 17th of Feb for my birthday. I got the hourglass from the watch shop on Main St (name escapes me now) and they just sold the last frame, so they told me to go to Vault 28 for the frame. When I went there, they had frames, hourglasses and coasters. But this was also before they even announced it on the blog, so it looks like they were slowly adding them to the park. When I got the coasters, the CM didn't even know that they were coasters, he thought it was just decoration for the shelves behind the register.

Dah! I hope more coasters appear later then -- I really want those!

TTFN92
03-27-2013, 01:00 PM
When I saw the coasters I thought they were stepping stones for your yard. LOL! That would be pretty cool though.

leota's necklace
03-27-2013, 03:26 PM
When I spotted the candlesticks, there were only two, and they were actually in a shop on BVS.

olegc
03-27-2013, 03:30 PM
so from all the replies it sounds like if I really want anything - i'll have to hit every store I can. Wow - better get prepped...