PDA

View Full Version : Question for those in the know...

disneymeimei
08-21-2003, 06:50 PM
After having faced the August crowds we were hoping our annual Christmas Season visit would be quiet. However, the week of Nov 17th - Nov 22nd is booked at DL Hotel ? Anybody know what is going on? Or second choice is the first week in Dec 1st - 6th. My only concern is the candlelight procession (those who know my experience with this will understand my reluctance to be there). Any insight or recommendation is welcome. We need DL/DCA and we want it all to ourselves (okay, maybe that's selfish) We need DL/DCA and we want to share with only 30,000 people...

Thank you in advance for your help, I know I can count on this forum,
Peace, love and Mickey Mouse...

tracilicious
08-21-2003, 09:52 PM
isn't the week in november you are refering to thanksgiving week? i would definitely go for the first week of december. crowds should be very light.

~<:) tracilicious

lisap
08-22-2003, 06:45 AM
If Candlelight is indeed that weekend, it would only affect that Saturday anyway, and you could escape to DCA if you felt the DL crowds were too big. The whole week prior would be buttah.

Have a nice trip~

Mommy2NicknMax
08-22-2003, 11:21 AM
You know while I was there a couple weeks ago I asked a CM when was the best time to come (least crowded). She said that the week after Thanksgiving (first week of December) is best if you want to see all the Christmas decorations.

Crystal

disneychelle
08-22-2003, 11:30 AM
I am going that first week of December and have been told about cm parties closing the park early possibly that week but that leaves DTD to explore...I hope? But what's the Candelight
processional you mentioned?

lisap
08-22-2003, 12:00 PM
Here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10779&highlight=Candlelight) is one of the threads started about last year's Candlelight.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
08-22-2003, 12:41 PM
First week in December, wednesday and thursday nights both are taken with corporate after hours parties. included in the price of the after hours ticket is a full day at Disneyland. My experience from the last three years has shown it to be progressively more and more crowded each year. It's our annual birthday visit and we wouldn't miss out for anything. But it used to be minimal crowds midweek and now it is pretty busy. 60-80 minutes Splash and Fantasyland packed with little kids. Found the week before Thanksgiving to much less crowded.

disneychelle
08-22-2003, 12:48 PM
Here is one of the threads started about last year's Candlelight.

That's for last year I take it this year is undecided? :)

Cadaverous Pallor
08-22-2003, 01:07 PM
FYI disneychelle, you didn't post the link.

lisap
08-22-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
FYI disneychelle, you didn't post the link.

She was quoting me, I think.

It usually falls around the same weekend, but I have not heard anything about it yet--maybe AVP will have more details. I think DL likes to heighten the anticipation with the uncertainty of it all :rolleyes: .

Not Afraid
08-22-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by disneymeimei
After having faced the August crowds we were hoping our annual Christmas Season visit would be quiet. However, the week of Nov 17th - Nov 22nd is booked at DL Hotel ? Anybody know what is going on? Or second choice is the first week in Dec 1st - 6th. My only concern is the candlelight procession (those who know my experience with this will understand my reluctance to be there). Any insight or recommendation is welcome. We need DL/DCA and we want it all to ourselves (okay, maybe that's selfish) We need DL/DCA and we want to share with only 30,000 people...

Thanksgiving is the 27th, with the 22nd being the Saturday that starts that week, so who knows why the previous week is booked. It could be some random conference at the hotel. Perhaps try one of the other hotels for those dates.

If you have a bad experience during candlelight, definitely stay away, but, until the day(s) is announced, you'll have to play guess (or confine those days to DCA)

Early December is magical! Decorations are up, temp is wonderful, crowds are not in full force yet. I love it there -one of my favorite times at the park (and I go about once a week).

MerryMouseWife
08-22-2003, 03:06 PM
Hubby and I were plannig a trip that week and the major conference is the Americal Academy of Ophthalmology during that week. The convention center is expecting approximately 23,000 to attend and that would explain why all three of the DLR hotels are booked for that week. From what I understand the hotels reserve rooms for possible booking by conventioneers. HoJo's is booked, the Anaheim Hilton is booked among others. I was looking forward to a quiet (relatively) visit to the park but I don't know if I want to go now.

Bummer.

Merry