PDA

View Full Version : Favorite & Least Favorite Restrooms!

Pages : [1] 2

millionairegirl
08-21-2003, 10:52 AM
Favorite: So many to choose from, but I think the restrooms underneath the Hungry Bear Restaurant are my favorite. I've never seen them crowded or dirty!

Least Favorite: Again, so many to choose from unfortunately. The ones in Adventureland, across from the Tiki Room. Ugh. Dirty, smelly, crowded, AND the 'wallpaper' on the stalls looks like pictures of Bamboo. TACKY with a capital T.

I guess it's kind of a hit or miss thing based on the cleaning schedule and crowds.

Not Afraid
08-21-2003, 10:58 AM
Favorite: Aladdin's Oasis

Least Favorite: Fantasyland or NOS.

Mukta
08-21-2003, 10:58 AM
My favorite is the bathroom near the Fantasyland Theater. It is rarely crowded and it is very spacious.

My least favorite is the one in tomorrowland right before Star Tours. It is a cramped area with a lot of traffic.

Disneyphile
08-21-2003, 11:34 AM
Favorite: Hungry Bear

Least Favorite: City Hall (10,000 people to only a few stalls, no walk space, especially when people have to spend 10 minutes in front of the mirror making sure every last hair is in place, only for it to be blown around on the next ride.)

cstephens
08-21-2003, 11:40 AM
Favorite: the restrooms next to the little theatre just outside Goofy's Kitchen/Top Brass bar in the Disneyland Hotel. They're very nicely kept, and the lounge area is HUGE. We've joked in the past about having a chick meet in that lounge area.

Least Favorite: the restrooms that used to be in the tour gardens. They were cramped, and the place wasn't always very well kept up. Only went there when I really had to. But they're closed now.

Jeff the Disney Fan
08-21-2003, 12:31 PM
Well I have to admit that I hadn't given this much thought before seeing your post but I would have to say:

Favorite Bathroom :NOS - It is always busy but it's so close to the train and other goings on that it makes it kind of cool

Least Favorite : Tom Sawyers Island - of all the bathrooms listed this one has them beat hands down. It can be summed up in one word : NASTY. Need I say more? :)

Bill Catherall
08-21-2003, 12:40 PM
Well, not limiting myself to DL, I like the ones over in DCA's Ariel's Grotto.

I can't really think of one I totally dislike though.

SzczerbiakManiac
08-21-2003, 12:59 PM
Favorite in DLR: Storyteller's Café. It's clean & quiet.

Favorite in DL: Probably the ones in the "hallway" that connects Rancho del Zocalo to Carnation/Plaza.. Garden.. Area.. Place.. Thing.

Favorite in DCA: I haven't discovered one yet, but I'm open to the possibility of finding one.

Nastiest: Gawd, which ones aren't disgusting?

adriennek
08-21-2003, 12:59 PM
Favorite: Club 33 ;)

I like the bathrooms in the Grand Californian, too.

Least Favorite: tie: Space Mountain and NOS, with dishonorable mention to the restrooms just inside the entrance of DCA. P-U!

Adrienne

Thomas
08-21-2003, 01:02 PM
Favorite: Hungry Bear restaurant or Grand Californian Hotel

Least: Any on Main Street (thin corridors to get to them, not enough space inside)

MammaSilva
08-21-2003, 01:04 PM
Keeping it to DL

Fav: the one by the Fantasyland theater... sort of 'hidden' away aways clean, rarely crowded unless it's during a 'show'

least fav: City Hall.. crowded, narrow and while it does have a wheelchair accessible stall, the aisle isn't really wide enough for the traffic flow/wheelchair combo

The DTD ones near Hagen Daz were Nasty last weekend while we were there.....blech!

PineapplePrincess
08-21-2003, 01:45 PM
Fav The ones under the parking garage. They are always clean, and empty.

Least I will never go into the restrooms labeled princess by Alice in Wonderland again. They are very gross and hard to get around in.

GreatWhiteShark
08-21-2003, 01:46 PM
The best are on Main Street next to the Bank, very clean.

The worst is in Adventureland, man what a smell!

keschy
08-22-2003, 10:36 AM
Favorite: Fantasy land theater because it isn't too crowded. I also like the one next to the bank for the same reasons.

least favorite: New orleans square. I have yet to enter that one and not have it smell awful and be super crowded. Yuck!

corrinhorn
08-22-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by cstephens
Least Favorite: the restrooms that used to be in the tour gardens. They were cramped, and the place wasn't always very well kept up. Only went there when I really had to. But they're closed now.

If you mean the ones by the AAA counter, which I think is what you mean, then they are still open, and I would have to say are my favorite restrooms (well with the exception of one, but I ain't telling any of you about it :~D Then it wouldn't be my favorite restroom any more...I just checked an it isn't even listed on the happiest potties!). I do agree that they are cramped, but the fact that they are cleaned on a regular basis and no one uses them means that they stay relatively clean now.

Least favorite bathrooms?

Pretty much every single cast member one backstage...

cstephens
08-22-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by corrinhorn
If you mean the ones by the AAA counter, which I think is what you mean, then they are still open

Did they reopen them recently? When I stopped by there about a month ago, the doors were padlocked and the signs had been taken off the doors. Their closing was even featured in a MousePlanet DL update a week or so after I mentioned it.

ChipmunkStar
08-22-2003, 07:21 PM
Favorites:
DL: Aladdin's Oasis (OK, so maybe I'm a bit biased, but they are stinkin' CLEAN!)
DCA: Ariel's Grotto
Hotels: The ones across from Goofy's Kitchen. So clean, and spacious...maybe too spacious...

Least Fave:
DL: The ones behind Main Street Bank. People usually use the 'privacy' factor to...well...I'll leave that one there.
DCA: The ones near Screamin'
Hotels: There are some random ones near some of the banquet halls in the Grand Californian that look like each stall is a shutter or something. They crack me up and weird me out at the same time, like your own little room... with a window...that you can't see...

ps. There was a lady who specifically tried to get into the AAA Garden restrooms this morning, found they were closed and asked me to direct her to some other ones. So I'm pretty sure they're still closed.

Captain Josh
08-22-2003, 07:23 PM
I'd like to mention that the Napa Rose Mens restrooms in the Grand Californian had a shoe polisher/buffer....which is just cool, in it's own right.

tod
08-23-2003, 10:18 AM
My favorites are the one at the Tour Garden (alas, MIA) New Orleans Square, and the west end of Sierra Tower in the hotel.

Least favorite -- Adventureland (smells like it was last cleaned by Walt but very handy for a quick stop if you need one, guys) and Tom Sawyer Island, where I'm still afraid to even set foot after a particularly unhygenic visit many years ago.

--T
:fez:

Mrs. tod reports that the handicapped "stall" in the ladies' room at Adventureland is its own-self-contained bathroom, with its own sink and mirror, "so you don't have to elbow your way past the teenage girls primping to see if you look okay."

Of course, she does not advocate taking it from a handicapped person, but if it's free, go for it.

Pirate33
08-23-2003, 10:28 AM
Favorite: Blue Bayou!

Fantasmic Fan
08-23-2003, 10:50 AM
Favorite: I don't think anyone has mentioned the restrooms in between Autopia and Innoventions. Everytime I've been in the restroom they are always clean, quite, and COLD! :) Very spacious too! I used to like the restrooms on Main Street that were behind the tour booth until they were locked up for an unknown reason.

Least Favorite: Don't really know besides the one restrooms in Adventureland.

Uncle Dick
08-23-2003, 09:59 PM
Favorite: The one inside the Eureka Springs Health Club at the GCH. Steam room AND sauna. Very nice.

Worst: TSI. Cramped.

BornieoTheLoveBug
08-24-2003, 02:27 AM
The restroom by Space Mountain seems less crowded as of late.

DisneyFan25863
08-24-2003, 10:58 AM
Fav. Restroom: HPB
Least: TSI

tracilicious
08-24-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by BornieoTheLoveBug
The restroom by Space Mountain seems less crowded as of late.

hmm...i wonder why? sigh...i do miss space mountain.