PDA

View Full Version : Which characters do you want to see during Long Lost Friends week at Disneyland?

Pages : [1] 2

AVP
03-15-2013, 05:53 PM
The Disney Parks Blog wants you to vote (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/03/vote-now-to-decide-which-long-lost-disney-friends-visit-the-disneyland-resort-for-limited-time-magic/) for which characters you want to see during "Long Lost Friends Week" at the Disneyland Resort. Here are the options listed in the poll:

Robin Hood, Friar Tuck, Prince John and Sherriff of Nottingham
Three Little Pigs and Big Bad Wolf
Jiminy Cricket, Pinocchio, Geppetto, J. Worthington Foulfellow and Gideon
Scrooge McDuck and Ludwig VonDrake
Clarabelle Cow and Horace Horsecollar
Brer Rabbit, Brer Bear and Brer Fox
Ping and Mushu
Flik and Princess Atta
Tweedledee & Tweedledum, Alice, Mad Hatter and Queen of Hearts
Clarice, Chip 'n' Dale
Jane and Terk
Jack Sparrow and Angelica
Merlin
Esmeralda, Clopin and Frollo
Lilo & Stitch
Peter Pan, Wendy, Captain Hook and Mr. Smee
Flora, Fauna, Merryweather
Pocahontas, John Smith, Meeko and Governor Ratcliffe
Little Einsteins

Voting is open (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/03/vote-now-to-decide-which-long-lost-disney-friends-visit-the-disneyland-resort-for-limited-time-magic/) until March 21, though Disney hasn't yet said exactly when Long Lost Friends week will be.

BlkPearlCptn
03-15-2013, 05:54 PM
PING!!!!!!!!! I miss when they used to have Mulan as Ping in the Mulan parade!

TTFN92
03-15-2013, 06:07 PM
I voted for the Three Little Pigs and the Big Bad Wolf. They were just around at the beginning and it would be fun to have them back.

TTFN92
03-15-2013, 06:09 PM
I'm not a big fan of Flik and Atta, but why aren't they in Bug's Land on a regular basis? There aren't any characters there and are the only ones that would fit.

Malcon10t
03-15-2013, 08:20 PM
Pocahontas and crew.

Janis and Aaron
03-15-2013, 09:51 PM
The Hunchback crew! I'm still in mourning for the long-lost Festival of Fools stage show.

josephfive
03-16-2013, 07:33 AM
Peter Pan crew! I remember Captain Hook & Peter were so much fun as they ran around.

It's really hard to pick just one group!

carolinakid
03-16-2013, 08:25 AM
The Song of the South gang just because I'm pissed Disney hides the film.

Maus
03-16-2013, 08:41 AM
Disappointed that Roger Rabbit didn't make the list.

TTFN92
03-16-2013, 01:01 PM
Peter Pan crew! I remember Captain Hook & Peter were so much fun as they ran around.

It's really hard to pick just one group!
Agreed on both points.

fishgal
03-17-2013, 11:08 AM
Gotta say Dr. Ludwig, nothing like a little bit of childhood back in the parks :)

Shortpix77
03-18-2013, 06:52 AM
I voted for Robin Hood and crew because I've seen all of the others at the parks in the last few years. I wish Kuzco had made the list though -- I think he's the forgotten stepchild of Disney :-)

TTFN92
03-18-2013, 09:28 AM
I voted for Robin Hood and crew because I've seen all of the others at the parks in the last few years. I wish Kuzco had made the list though -- I think he's the forgotten stepchild of Disney :-)

Two things. Have you seen the 3 Little Pigs in the last few years? And, who is Kuzco?

3Princesses1Prince
03-18-2013, 09:49 AM
Two things. Have you seen the 3 Little Pigs in the last few years? And, who is Kuzco?

Emperors new groove

Shortpix77
03-18-2013, 10:21 AM

Yes, I have. I know for sure they were at the D23 First Anniversary event, but I thought I saw them again after that... can't remember specifics on when else though, so perhaps that was it.

As 3P1P said, Kuzco is from the Emperor's New Groove (he's who I'm dressed up as in my pic to the left) :-)

Shortpix77
03-18-2013, 10:35 AM
And I guess I should have said I've seen "most" of the others in the last few years, not "all" (sorry)... looking at the list again, I don't think I've seen Ping, Jane, Terk, Merlin, or the Hunchback characters recently.

A lot of the characters on the list were part of the D23 First Anniversary event, so that may be where I'm remembering seeing the majority of them.

olegc
03-18-2013, 10:49 AM
A lot of the characters on the list were part of the D23 First Anniversary event, so that may be where I'm remembering seeing the majority of them.

ah - remember those? free events for being a member (or at least cheap). Those were the days.... :p

some of these characters (non-face) are seen in places like Storytellers or Parades. However, not so often Meet and Greet. The Robin Hood group and Jiminy Cricket have had some serious beards grow on their appearance meter. I think Merlin has been gone a LONG time - so much so that no one knows who he is. They really should provide a secondary character from the Sword and the Stone to provide some additional heft. I miss that silly old Wizard.

cstephens
03-18-2013, 01:28 PM
Awww, my choice didn't make the list - Thumper.

TTFN92
03-18-2013, 01:40 PM
Have they ever had Thumper? That would be cool.
No wonder I didn't know who Kuzco was because I've never seen Emperers New Groove. That was at a time that I quit seeing the Disney movies, starting with Pocahontas.
Merlin would be fun to see but I don't think most kids know who he is. My kids do at least.

cstephens
03-18-2013, 01:54 PM

They did at least for the Easter brunch buffet they used to have at the PCH Grill.

Here's a pic of Thumper (http://colddeadfish.net/images/easter02/easter-thumperx2.jpg), holding my battery-operated Thumper that I brought to meet him.

TTFN92
03-18-2013, 09:54 PM

They did at least for the Easter brunch buffet they used to have at the PCH Grill.

Here's a pic of Thumper (http://colddeadfish.net/images/easter02/easter-thumperx2.jpg), holding my battery-operated Thumper that I brought to meet him.

How cute!!

3Princesses1Prince
03-19-2013, 08:26 AM
No wonder I didn't know who Kuzco was because I've never seen Emperers New Groove. That was at a time that I quit seeing the Disney movies, starting with Pocahontas.
Merlin would be fun to see but I don't think most kids know who he is. My kids do at least.

He's at WDW's AK.

carolinakid
03-19-2013, 10:37 AM
Thumper and Flower used to be mainstays at DL in the '60s & '70s. Times have changed.

fishgal
03-19-2013, 11:21 AM
Robin Hood and the crew have been in the DCA side with alot of the seldom seens doing the Dance thing, can't remember what its called but there's a DJ and the characters come out and dance with guests, next to the Muppet Theater.

lilfaeriebrat
03-19-2013, 11:42 AM
I'm hoping the pocahontas crew or Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather or Jane. I saw Flik back in January at Bugs Land and many of the other characters recently at various events or character meals.