PDA

View Full Version : Staying at the Tropicana Inn....

CaliforniaCrazy
08-20-2003, 09:06 PM
Has anyone here stayed at the Tropicana Inn across the street from the Disneyland resort? My fiance and I were planning on booking a room in February, and I would like to know what the best package is for two adults. Also, does it have any perks that we should know about? Any info is greatly appreciated.

MammaSilva
08-20-2003, 09:13 PM
I've stayed there.. it was last year with a large group.. think BUDGET! The rooms were clean, the location near the crosswalk was a factor for us, parking was "eh" and the pool which might not be a factor for you was 'ok' it's out in the middle of the parking lot. Nothing fancy at all..

I JUST got back from the parks and stayed at Desert Inn & Suites.. same money as Tropicana but much bigger/nicer rooms.. still in the budget catagory but just felt 'nicer' the bathrooms were definately better, the palor suite we had was very roomy and the Staff at the DI & S were outstanding!!!!!! I locked myself out of my room at 4am. (don't ask) it's a non smoking hotel.... the desk clerk cheerfully walked up and let me in so I didn't have to wake anyone up.....

Andrew
08-20-2003, 09:17 PM
We stayed there once, and I was not impressed. Bed: hard as a rock. Linens: scratchy and painful. A/C: loud and wheezy and mostly ineffectual. Bright flashing lights in the parking lot lighting up the room even through the blackout curtains.

They're either doing or have just completed some renovation and construction. If it's still going on, I would definitely not stay there. If they're done, they may have taken care of some of those issues.

The Park Inn Anaheim aka Park Inn International just up the block is my preferred across-the-street motel. My real choice is for the Hilton Garden Inn about two miles down Harbor. Comfy rooms, pretty quiet, friendly staff, free high-speed Internet connection in every room.