PDA

View Full Version : Spin and Marty Sklar

merlinjones
08-30-2001, 09:21 AM
During the recent executive musical chairs at Imagineering, Marty Sklar said in interviews that the changes would allow him to concentrate on Disneyland's 50th Anniversary.

Anyone know what he's planning at this point? I hope it's more than paint.

I would suggest they follow-through with a spectacular Spider-Man level E-Ticket as well as fixing/restoring Tomorrowland thoroughly, updating dormat attractions (Submarines, motor boats) and bringing back some nostalgic favorites to celebrate the anniversary (Carousel of Progress? Golden Horseshoe Revue? Tahitian Terrace? Adventure Thru Inner Space? Skyway? PeopleMover? Pirate Ship? - - as a package these could be highly marketable).

Flubber
08-30-2001, 09:47 AM
I think they're going to offer pins...

maybe a map...

Flub
(Who would like to see Carousel of Progress, Adventure thru Inner Space and the GOLD AND WHITE spires of It's a Small World for the 50th)

merlinjones
08-30-2001, 09:54 AM
>>I think they're going to offer pins... <<

Ha! We can only hope pins have gone the way of beanie babies by that point.

>>Flub (Who would like to see Carousel of Progress, Adventure thru Inner Space and the GOLD AND WHITE spires of It's a Small World for the 50th)<<

Amen... and the WHITE spires of Space Mountain to boot.

beanpole
08-30-2001, 10:56 AM
Slightly OT, but I think the subject heading for this thread ("Spin and Marty Sklar") is a brilliant double pun. :D

Nigel2
08-30-2001, 01:13 PM
Hey don't knock the pins, if they sell enough of them they might actually think we are "apologizing" for not generating any revanue for Light Magic and they might fix all the probelms in Tomorowland, and various other problems. I doubt things like COP and Innerspace have a chance since they would displace too much. They might pull the usual buy a "blank" (map, pass book...) and "walk arround" in the past, they might even pull a Mickey's seceret agent like thing there too, you know, you have to buy the packet for like 10 dollars, then you can buy the pins, which proably were on the high end since I saw that some had moving parts.