PDA

View Full Version : Disney Fairy Tale Weddings at DL

fairytalelover
08-20-2003, 11:46 AM
I have recently become familiar with these Fairy Tale Weddings available at DL. I was wondering if anybody has had one or has been to one, because I am considering it.

People do have an option of getting married inside the park afterhours. However, what I am referring to is the Disney Fairy Tale Weddings. We met with a consultant, they are located at the Grand Californian Hotel. They told us that we have a choice of having our ceremony at 3 spots ( the rose garden at the Disneyland Hotel, in the garden at the Grand Hotel and the gazebo garden at the Paradise Pier) they also have the bride come up to the ceremony in a real life Cinderella Crystal Coach with costumed footmen and white horses and after the ceremony they have a beautiful pre-reception in the gardens then the reception, which is fully decorated in an elegant fairy tale theme with flowers, small white lights and even an impressive castle backdrop behind the wedding party table. They have white gloved dinner service and various types of musical options from bands to a d'j or harps etc....We went to the bridal fair a couple of weekends ago and they had all the reception halls fully decorated so we could see what it would look like an we saw the crystal coach and it was all so beautiful and elegant. I am definitey considering doing this but I wanted to see if anybody else had experienced one.:)

AVP
08-20-2003, 12:04 PM
Tony and I were married at Disneyland, with what I call the "Fairy Tale Lite" wedding package. This was five years ago, so the details are different.

We were married in the rose garden that was located where the ESPN Zone is now. We got to ride the Monorail into Disneyland, where we had our formal portraits done in front of the Castle. We had our reception at Strombolis, the restaurant which became Goofy's Kitchen.

Keep in mind, EVERYTHING in those "packages" is an additional charge - the flowers, the twinkle lights, the cake backdrop, etc, etc, etc.

I would be curious to know if you got a recent quote on the Cinderella Carriage - it used to be over $1000 for just that one part of the ceremony.

AVP

Anthony
08-20-2003, 01:12 PM
I also am very curious to learn how much it costs to have a wedding there. I am going to get engaged in the next six months, and I thought it would be a cool place to be married. Does anyone have any cool ideas for a DLR proposal site? Our first trip will be in mid-October, but we have PAPs, so we will be back.

Cheers!

Niwel
08-20-2003, 01:37 PM
I asked them to e-mail me the price quotes.
Horse Drawn Carriage: $1,500
Cinderella Coach: 1,800 (includes whote horse, two costumed footmen and white floral accents.

It is cheaper if your wedding takes place before 2 p.m. $60 vs. $80 per person. Plus there is a 19% service charge amd 7.75% sales tax.
You have to spend a minimum of $8,000 (Fri-Sun) or $6,000 (Mon-Thurs.)
Room rental (reception only) is $800.

You must also guarantee 10 hotel rooms at any of the three Disneyland Resort hotels

Parking rates vary at the hotels.

If you have a specific question, e-mail or PM me.

They also have Fairy Tale Honeymoon packages and they might have some ideas as far as Fairy Tale Engagements.

millionairegirl
08-20-2003, 01:56 PM
Actually, those rates are fairly reasonable. I'm planning my wedding right now, and we did not look at Disneyland, but now I kind of wished we looked at the Grand Californian. Was the $80 for Paradise Pier? Does that include alcohol? hmm. I read an article in the OC register about a couple that had their wedding (only 80 guests) at the GCH, and it ran up to $37K. I'm hoping that included everything!

They are definitely nice locations, but I've seen too many weddings there. Meaning that strange tourists could see mine! Which is definitely what I don't want.

Saturday night minimums for places in Newport or Huntington start at $12K!

DopeyWife
08-20-2003, 02:06 PM
When my husband and I looked into the Disney Fairy Tale Weddings for our wedding, they told us that we would have to pay per person for parking at the hotel and not per car. I thought that was kind of ridiculous. It would have been very cool to be married there though.

fairytalelover
08-20-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by AVP
Tony and I were married at Disneyland, with what I call the "Fairy Tale Lite" wedding package. This was five years ago, so the details are different.

We were married in the rose garden that was located where the ESPN Zone is now. We got to ride the Monorail into Disneyland, where we had our formal portraits done in front of the Castle. We had our reception at Strombolis, the restaurant which became Goofy's Kitchen.

Keep in mind, EVERYTHING in those "packages" is an additional charge - the flowers, the twinkle lights, the cake backdrop, etc, etc, etc.

I would be curious to know if you got a recent quote on the Cinderella Carriage - it used to be over $1000 for just that one part of the ceremony.

AVP

We are also planning on getting married at the Rose Garden? What month was your wedding and at what time was the ceremony? I am worried about the weather (rain, heat, wind, cold). I would have prefered to have the ceremony inside in a chapel of some sort but they dont have that.

You are right about the cinderella coach, it costs about $1850.00 now. I am interested in what you thought of a disney wedding and if you have any reccomendations.:)

sgtdilbert
08-20-2003, 03:32 PM
If you're interested in a Disney wedding, then point your browser over to yahoogroups.com, and look for:

disneylandbrides -- for the left coast

disneymooners -- for WDW. Beware, this list is difficult to keep up with because there are so many messages.

s.

fairytalelover
08-20-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Anthony
I also am very curious to learn how much it costs to have a wedding there. I am going to get engaged in the next six months, and I thought it would be a cool place to be married. Does anyone have any cool ideas for a DLR proposal site? Our first trip will be in mid-October, but we have PAPs, so we will be back.

Cheers!

Well, I suggest you contact the lady at Disney Fairy Tale Weddings who we met with. She will give you all of the details and give you a great tour of the different ceremony and reception sites at DLR. Their office is located at the Grand Californian Hotel, Her name is Mary Ann Waters and her number is: (714) 300-7444.:)

fairytalelover
08-20-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by sgtdilbert
If you're interested in a Disney wedding, then point your browser over to yahoogroups.com, and look for:

disneylandbrides -- for the left coast

disneymooners -- for WDW. Beware, this list is difficult to keep up with because there are so many messages.

s.

dsnyredhead
08-20-2003, 05:00 PM
Hi
originally we had thought against having a DL wedding because of the cost, but realized that the hotel prices for the Paradise Pier hotel gazebo wasn't that bad compared to alot of the prices at lots of various local hotels/etc.

Overall our experience was pretty good except for a few timing issues that didn't work out.