PDA

View Full Version : Enchanted Tiki Room 50th Anniversary

Kuzcofan
03-01-2013, 04:21 PM
For all you parrotheads who enjoy the original glee club...

http://collections.disney.go.com/events/save-the-date-walt-disneys-enchanted-tiki-room-50th-anniversary/?instance_id=

cstephens
03-01-2013, 04:31 PM
I saw the added details the other day. I'm disappointed that it's not a real event and doesn't seem to be much more than a pin/merchandise event. The husband and I are undecided as to whether either of us are going to go, and he's a huge Tiki Room fan.

olegc
03-02-2013, 08:22 PM
I saw the added details the other day. I'm disappointed that it's not a real event and doesn't seem to be much more than a pin/merchandise event. The husband and I are undecided as to whether either of us are going to go, and he's a huge Tiki Room fan.

I agree - though I personally was a big fan of the merchandise events from the late 90s and early 00s. 50th anniversary for the 1st attraction with multiple animatronics - a pioneering attraction. Yet - you get pins and merch, and a signing - and a silent auction (not even a full one to get entertained with people bidding). Kind of a letdown if you ask me. I do like a lot of stuff that Kevin and Jody create - but for me right now I'd rather spend on the new Mansion merch than the tiki stuff. - and it looks like not even all of the merch has been made available to display. WHatever happened to long lead times for RSPs...

I definitely don't like the minimalist style of presenting details that the new-format Art of Disney Parks site has taken over the last few months. I know others said they have thought it was good - but for me the overall direction is less info and more flashy moving images and highlights of everything else going on. kind of a misdirection at times if you will.

sjhanksaz
03-10-2013, 06:37 AM
In the Tiki Tiki Tiki Room, where the birds sing words and disney sells you a broom.

Sorry, could not thing of another word that rymed with room.

olegc
03-10-2013, 08:30 AM
In the Tiki Tiki Tiki Room, where the birds sing words and disney sells you a broom.

Sorry, could not thing of another word that rymed with room.

your wallet doom-ed .... ?

sjhanksaz
03-10-2013, 12:47 PM
your wallet doom-ed .... ?

In the Tiki Tiki Tiki Room, where the birds sing words and disney wallet be doom-ed

That will work.