PDA

View Full Version : Innoventions is a waste of space!

Pages : [1] 2

fairytalelover
08-19-2003, 12:48 PM
I know I am probably going to get killed for this by some of you. However, I find that Innoventions is the most boring attraction at DL. It is like walking through Circuit City. It's not even like there are some futuristic gadgets to look at there. Most of what we see there we already have the technology for and/or it is already being used. Everytime I walk by there I never see a big line. It seems like the kind of attraction where you go to once, and never again. It is taking up a great deal of space which could be used for a much needed e-ticket ride. Tomorrowland is already dead area. It's name should be changed to Storage Space Land. What do think? Is Innoventions a waste of space?:)

Bill Catherall
08-19-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by fairytalelover
I know I am probably going to get killed for this by some of you. Haha! Not likely.

Inno-what? :D

stagedoorjonny
08-19-2003, 01:13 PM
The only reason I go there is to get my MP fix taken care of.

Andrew
08-19-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by stagedoorjonny
The only reason I go there is to get my MP fix taken care of.

Just don't forget to log out!

stagedoorjonny
08-19-2003, 01:36 PM
I did respond to a post one time and noticed it had another user name. Since I have always checked when I got on to see if someone else was already signed on or not.

cemeinke
08-19-2003, 01:56 PM
Stitch is cool - but I heard a rumor that they were sending him across the Esplanade. When (If) that happens, all that's left is free video games and Dance Dance Revolution. I don't think that's worth having to sit through the entrance spiel.

Gemini Cricket
08-19-2003, 02:05 PM
I know I am probably going to get killed for this by some of you.
On the contrary. We raise you on our shoulders and shout, 'Hurrah! fairytalelover has seen the light.'
:D

cemeinke is right, Stitch is cool.

mousey_girl
08-19-2003, 02:17 PM
For a video game crazed 6 yr old boy, Innoventions is the best thing ever! For a tired Mommy, wanting to sit down, it sux!

With all that space would it kill them to put some benches near the games for the old people?

disNeytEen
08-19-2003, 02:40 PM
Its a nice place for the kids to run around, but i agree once you have seen it your done. They could make a really nice ride out of that, plus the host guys are really chessy and stupid

Mommy2NicknMax
08-19-2003, 02:44 PM
I thought the same thing on our visit there. It was nice to get in the AC for a bit and cool off though. But my husband works w/computers so as soon as he saw what was inside he went looking for the exit! LOL!

I too think they could have a ride in that space rather than Innoventions. Just my humble opinion.

Crystal

fairytalelover
08-19-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by stagedoorjonny
I did respond to a post one time and noticed it had another user name. Since I have always checked when I got on to see if someone else was already signed on or not.

Actually it may have been the post I read in another site a few weeks ago about this subject. I was so close to my heart that I thought I would introduce it here and was very interested in everyone else's opinion:)

fairytalelover
08-19-2003, 03:59 PM
Anybody have any good ideas about what kind of ride they should put in place of Innoventions? It is a very large area so a lot could fit in there.

Gemini Cricket
08-19-2003, 04:00 PM
[slightly off topic]

I can't go into the Innoventions building because it gives me motion sickness...

:eek:

Does anyone else get this queasy feeling too?

[/slightly off topic]

fairytalelover
08-19-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by mousey_girl
For a video game crazed 6 yr old boy, Innoventions is the best thing ever! For a tired Mommy, wanting to sit down, it sux!

With all that space would it kill them to put some benches near the games for the old people?
This is another issue: There is already an oversized arcade across the way. Why do we need yet another oversized building with more video games. It just seems redundant to me.:rolleyes:

Captain Josh
08-19-2003, 04:10 PM
This is another issue: There is already an oversized arcade across the way. Why do we need yet another oversized building with more video games. It just seems redundant to me.:rolleyes:

Actually, I have an issue with this.

MY issue is that the second story of the Starcade just lies abandoned, with the escalators sealed off. There's another dead waste of space. Hear that loud vacuum "sucking" noise? It's Tomorrowland, or more specifically, The Sub Lagoon, Circle Vision, The Rocket Rods track, the apparently abandoned Radio Disney office, The empty upstairs of Starcade, the "to-be-relaunched" Space Mountain, and of course Innoventions. Let's just move all those giant lemonade stands over on that side of the park and call it Autopia and Lemonade Land, with Star Tours on the side. :~D

Aimz
08-19-2003, 05:03 PM
Count me in as another believer in the suck-osity of Innoventions. I never even went in there for myself until last year- bad word of mouth keep me out of it for years. Then last year, while looking for something to do in Tomorrowland, I decided to see if it was as bad as I had been hearing. In the interest of being fair, I brought my 15-year-old, video-game addicted, son in with me to get his reaction, too. Well, like me, he couldn't wait to get out of there and even beat me in finding an exit. I think he looked at one thing, and that was it. Maybe our opinion was slightly doomed by the opening spiel. I didn't think we were going to have to sit (or should I say"stand") through that spiel- and then the "game show"- first. That didn't help. I thought we'd be able to just walk right in and start checking stuff out. Bring back America Sings! I may be in the minority, but I loved America Sings! I knew all the songs by heart AND in order of their appearance. A total geek, I know :D

Aimz

surffnutt3000
08-19-2003, 05:39 PM
Anybody have any good ideas about what kind of ride they should put in place of Innoventions? It is a very large area so a lot could fit in there.

My recommendation:

Bring back "Carousel of Progress." Sure, it's not new, but IMHO, it's timeless. Work the Tom Morrow AA into it somehow (since it's a newer-tech AA figure), and completely update the final scene (to the "near-future").

LibraryGirl
08-19-2003, 05:47 PM
Innoventions is lame. It was never exciting for me.

The only reason I go in there is to talk to Stitch. After my conversation and picture, I am right back out again.

cryan71
08-19-2003, 06:20 PM
Wait, i thought DCA was a waste of space and Innoventions was a waste of time?

Guest_Control
08-19-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by surffnutt3000
My recommendation:

Bring back "Carousel of Progress." Sure, it's not new, but IMHO, it's timeless. Work the Tom Morrow AA into it somehow (since it's a newer-tech AA figure), and completely update the final scene (to the "near-future").
The Carousel of Progress was a wonderful attraction back in 1970, but it would be incredibly expensive and unlikely to bring back something so dated. America Sings is also gone for good, sorry folks. Let's look forward with Tomorrowland, not backwards.

I think they should fill the Innoventions building with fun exhibits about space. This would be more interactive than the current space exhibit at Tomorrowland, and aimed towards children.
Bottom Floor:
Before entering the building a host would spiel very briefly about space.
Like Innoventions is currently, there would be several entrances into the building, each with a seperate theme (Space Shuttles, Astronauts, Life on other planets, Satellites, the Moon, Mars, etc.) and Tom Morrow would talk for a bit
People could see replicas of past and future space shuttles, and cockpits.
Children could climb through a small network of tunnels and passageways, where they could pretend they were on the real space station.

Top Floor:
A Stitch-themed show/game would take up a large section of the top floor. Team of children in the audience would compete against each other with really simple trivia questions ("What liquid makes up 70% of the whole planet?") Stitch would interact with a live host through several television monitors, and at the end of every game he would "teleport" to the stage for meet and greets.
The ceiling would have the constellations painted on them (or they could be put there with cool lighting effects). The other section of the top floor would have video displays about the constellations, and their significance.

So yeah, that's my idea.

sancho
08-19-2003, 10:19 PM
I visited innoventions for the first time a year ago. The most "interesting" point of my visit was the simulator chairs/screens sponsored by GM, I believe. I found the vibrating of the stool-like chair to be disturbingly stimulating. I was very quiet for about thirty minutes after that. Perhaps I have a lawsuit on my hands.

merlinjones
08-19-2003, 10:25 PM
Other uses for the Carousel building:

1) Bring back Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress from WDW. It's all there, just move it back in, with a smaller Innoventions on level 2.

2) DisneyQuest

3) Indoor Flying Saucers!

4) New Adventure Thru Inner Space

5) Buzz Lightyear Target Ride (and keep CircleVision in its theatre).

6) New "Mars and Beyond" attraction based on Ward Kimball's cartoons.

7) All New House of the Future, with something really cool

8) Alien Encounter with Stitch

9) Mission:Space

10) TRON target ride

fairytalelover
08-20-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by merlinjones
Other uses for the Carousel building:

1) Bring back Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress from WDW. It's all there, just move it back in, with a smaller Innoventions on level 2.

2) DisneyQuest

3) Indoor Flying Saucers!

4) New Adventure Thru Inner Space

5) Buzz Lightyear Target Ride (and keep CircleVision in its theatre).

6) New "Mars and Beyond" attraction based on Ward Kimball's cartoons.

7) All New House of the Future, with something really cool

8) Alien Encounter with Stitch

9) Mission:Space

10) TRON target ride

I like your ideas! Call Eisner fast!!!!:)

fairytalelover
08-20-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by cryan71
Wait, i thought DCA was a waste of space and Innoventions was a waste of time?

DCA IS a complete waste of space!!

Captain Josh
08-20-2003, 02:53 PM
Wait, wait, I got it....Take the giant lemonade stands and keep them in Innoventions, so that when you want frozen lemonade you get to go to an air-conditioned room to order and lounge around in. Then you can fill it up with future-y memorabilia spanning over the ages....yeah, that's it.