PDA

View Full Version : Big Thunder Ranch Indian Show ?

zapppop
08-29-2001, 07:47 PM
I think it would be a good idea if Big Thunder Ranch was used for an Indian show like the ones they used to have in Frontierland.
What do you think Disney should do with this dead space ?

JRob2k1
08-29-2001, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by zapppop
What do you think Disney should do with this dead space ?

I think they should leave it bare for at least 10 years. Make sure to have a sign that has Mickey in a cowboy hat and chaps saying, "Howdy folks, this here nice big area is sitting blank while we Imagineer a new attraction or shop...We haven't decided yet. YEEHAWWW! :cool:

This area has BIG E-TICKET writtten all over it...

-JRob

Cadaverous Pallor
08-29-2001, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by JRob2k1
This area has BIG E-TICKET writtten all over it...
JRob's making me drool! (No JRob, you can't quote me on that! ;) ) Seriously, there's TONS of room there. They could build anything they want, without tearing down something we all love. No one would be annoyed to see that go.

I never liked the Frontierland theme all that much, since cowboys and indians just seem old these days, so I have no clue what they should do. Maybe if they pulled off an attraction like Pirates/Mansion, but Frontier themed.....that'd be cool. I'd love to see what the advances in tech can do for animatronics beyond Lincoln.

FantasmicFan82
08-29-2001, 08:04 PM
That would have been a great area for a club during Grad-Nite. but it wasn't used, just left dark and empty:( it has the capability to be a rave scene. not that i'd know what it would be, but it would have been cool for Grad-nite.
Anyways, as for an attraction it would be more than adequate for anything they want put back there. the two entrances tot he whole area is good, if you build any king of attraction back there, that whole walkway would have more than just smokers in it.

Nigel2
08-29-2001, 09:49 PM
Take all the old anamatronics, hook them up so they run again and call it the boneyard. I don't know isn't that the job of the imaginears? Oh wait if it costs money it's not going to be as good as planned.

lisap
08-30-2001, 06:23 AM
Simple:
Just bring back Big Thunder Ranch, and add a section like at Sea World with a huge barn and pasture for the draft horses. Sea World does a beautiful job with the Budwiser Clydesdales--The trolly horses deserve the same at DL.

(I'm sure that sounds boring, but I think it would be cool)

DisneylandKid
09-30-2001, 07:03 PM
I'm not sure how this would work, but I think it would be SO awesome to turn it into a campground. Imagine, camping in Frontierland @ Disneyland. I don't know about specifics, but Disney could do it very well. It could be like the Roar n' Snoar at the SD Wild Animal Park...did anyone ever do that?

Mouse
10-01-2001, 07:55 PM
I don’t think Disneyland will be seeing anything new in that section of the park for the time being. Big Thunder Ranch and Festival Arena are often used for Special Events such as corporate picnics on the weekends.

Oh well, Remember that cow with the Mickey Head on it’s coat?

lisap
10-01-2001, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Mouse

Oh well, Remember that cow with the Mickey Head on it’s coat?

Only the coolest thing at Disneyland! (you heard me :D ) Can you even believe they used to have a real cow and goats at the Park? Seems totally unreal now. Now all they have are feral cats, mice, ducks and the odd mud hen.
:mad:

Morrigoon
10-01-2001, 10:08 PM
OKAY OKAY HERE'S THE IDEA!!!!!!!

Leave our current Space Mtn alone for the 50th. Instead, use the Festival of Fools Corporate Picnic Area (so aptly named I can't help pointing it out). Re-theme the outside of the attraction to Forbidden Mountain (home of Maleficent). Skip the asteroids, big man in the moon, and other space theming, replacing it with Sleeping Beauty imagery. Have the coaster track run over and around the head of the roaring dragon, with an audio animatronic Prince Philip wielding a sword way down below (I'm referring to the part of the attraction where there is a corkscrew and loop, etc. This is where Paris has you flying around in what appears to be an asteroid belt. Would be a cool spot for it. At the end part (which in DLP is the very loud braking area that has the very industrial gearlike look), it could instead brake in an area with AAs of Philip waking Aurora. There should also be some of the thorns etc around there.

The idea is, at the beginning, Prince Philip has been broken out of his cell in Maleficent's dungeon (the area just past load and getting up into the cannon could involve some of her comments to him about being a hundred years old, etc, then the fairies appear telling him to rescue Aurora. They could appear in the launch tunnel just before you take off. (this could be very cool, I think) This would be where they give him/you the sword and shield. Then as you take off, it is Philip riding off to rescue his one true love. That's where you encounter the thorns and vines, then the climax scene with the dragon and the fight, ending with the rescue.

I would like to offer my services to the Disney company - I will take Pressler's position and a 20% paycut (think how much THAT will save!) ;)

Oh, and Mickey Moo sounds cool, I think I was too young to appreciate him though, b/c I don't recall seeing him myself.

10-02-2001, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by Morrigoon

I would like to offer my services to the Disney company - I will take Pressler's position and a 20% paycut (think how much THAT will save!) ;)

I have just volunteered to be your agent, Morrigoon. Instead of a salary, let's ask for 6% of the gate. We'll also ask for your Sleeping Beauty redo of Space Mountain. The Disney Co. still comes out ahead - and so do we ... uh, I mean you.

Disney Princess
10-02-2001, 12:03 PM
Personally, I think it would be fun to see a Zorro stage/stunt show, y'know, with horses and riders and what-not, based on the old black-and-white TV show.

But I DO miss Mickey Moo....wasn't that the cow's name?

Disney Princess

lisap
10-02-2001, 12:07 PM
Bring back Big Thunder Ranch!!
here is Mickey Moo:

http://www.yesterland.com/btranch.html

mad4mky
10-02-2001, 01:21 PM
Just in case they want to re-introduce the Indian dance, where you dance in a big circle, to the Frontierland Trail,..and they need some visual guides to remember what happened...My husband has old family movies of him doing it when he was about 10...and I pictures of me in the circle when I was about 5 or so!
We still talk about how much fun that was!! My kids would think it was "hokie" though. They wouldn't be caught dead doing that! Times have definitley changed. Instead of cowboys and Indians...It's Buzz Lightyear and Star Wars.

Actually you guys have some great ideas. I just get caught up in the old stuff of days gone by.

Nigel2
10-03-2001, 01:50 PM
Could you imagine some of the heat that they would get if they called it an "Indian" show, plus it would be hard to find Native American dancers that could do the act full time. But it could work if they had a ton of good PR people.

Morrigoon
10-03-2001, 02:25 PM
You know, I'm not sure even space toys do it for today's kids. If they did, Tomorrowland would sell more space stuff. Ever looked at the shelves in TL shops?

Largent81
10-04-2001, 11:13 PM
your idea put tears in my eyes. That would be so perfect. It's close enough to fantasyland to work. A coaster with a soft touch. Very Disney.

(I'm Baaaaccccckkkkk!)