PDA

View Full Version : Premium Annual Passport Vs. Enhanced Fastpass

Anthony
08-19-2003, 08:20 AM
Hello!

I will be traveling to DLR and staying at DCH in mid October. My question is regarding enhanced fastpass you get when booking a package with DLR. If I understand correctly, you can hold multiple fastpasses at one time. I want to upgrade to Premium Annual Passport so I can take advantage of the food and gift discounts.

I was advised to wait until the last day of my trip to upgrade, so I do not lose my enhanced fastpass until the last day.

Recently I read on another site's discussion board that now you have the option of upgrading right away and stll maintain your enhanced fastpass till the end of that trip.

Has anyone heard anything regarding this? It would be really nice to have the food and merchandise discount for all five days, rather then making a mad dash on the last day purchasing things.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Anthony

bobandkevin
08-19-2003, 11:48 AM
Currently we have a premium annual pass and some friends have 5 day park hoppers for a trip next week. When we booked them we simply asked them to give us both the Premium services and the enhanced Fastpass. They did and that's all it took. When we received our passes in the mail it came with an enhanced Fastpass brochure so we knew what we were getting. Good Luck!

mom_rules
08-20-2003, 09:24 AM
We booked a AAA package and immediately upgraded to Premium Annual Passes (in order to utilize the discounts etc.) Our Premium Annual Passes have the enhanced Fastpass for the length of stay for this package and then it becomes a normal Premium Annual Pass for subsequent visits. (That's what we were told by guest services and our AAA agent). I'll let you know how it goes.

Anthony
08-20-2003, 10:20 AM
Ok, this sounds too good to be true, and we know what that usually means.... But-

I spoke with a rep at DLR vacation travel packages and I asked about the fast pass vs. annual and I was told that if I upgrade to Premium Annual Passport through them, I will not only have multiple fast passes, etc. for my visit then, but also throughout the year.. I asked for clarification from the rep and she repeated what she told me. Essentially, according to her:

-People are "stupid" for not renewing their PAPs with vacation reservations, because they do not receive the benefits they would if they went through vacation planning

-If you purchase a PAP through them, you will have all the benefits of the PAP including the enhanced fast pass (sorry, I forget the correct name) where you can hold multiple fast passes for different rides at the same time for not only your whole trip, but also for the entire year your pass is valid

-The enhanced fast pass function is encoded in your bar code on your paper ticket, and when you turn it into wherever to get your PAP it carries over.

I wonder how this is going to pan out. I will know in October.

One more thing, how long does it take to get a PAP at DL? Where do I go, and is there a better time to get it?

Thanks!!

Walts Buddy
08-20-2003, 08:02 PM
Please clarify, If I buy a length of stay, or park-hopper pass can I upgrade for the difference in the cost of this pass to an annual pass for the difference in cost of the two passes at the end of our initial visit? I apologize if I might have missed this in previous posts, but I'm fairly new here and ever since I've found this site I haven't got much sleep.;)

MammaSilva
08-20-2003, 08:10 PM
The key word is UP Grade if the flex pass you purchased is worth more than the So Cal pass (and most of them are) then you would upgrade to either a deluxe or premium and pay the difference between what you originally paid for your flex pass and the cost of the annual pass you chose. The CM's will 'back date' your Annual pass to expire on the first day you used your flex pass (unless you get lucky and they forget to back it up those days). Hope that helps..