PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Legend, Beverly Butrum Passes Away at 88

DisneybyMark
02-18-2013, 12:56 AM
During her years at the One-of-a-Kind Shop and later at the Disneyland Art Gallery, Beverly became friends with the artists and “Imagineers” of Walt Disney Productions, including Walt Disney’s brother, Roy. In fact, Roy Disney told Beverly in confidence, that they were secretly buying orange groves in Florida to build what would eventually become Walt Disney World. Beverly became the expert in residence for all things Disneyana. Full story here: http://www.disneybymark.com/2013/02/17/disneyland-legend-beverly-butrum-passes-88/

Micmousetoo
02-25-2013, 02:20 AM
Thank you so much for informing us of Beverly's death. My sister and I always loved to walk through the Disney Gallery when we visited Disneyland. Bev was always so warm and friendly when we saw her there. My sister and I loved to look at the renderings of what Walt's residence was designed to be. I wish I could have a conversation with Bev about Walt's residence now. I have no doubt she would make the description magical, as if we had really had a tour! Thinking of her family and how blessed they were to have her for so long!

LarryfmScotland
03-01-2013, 01:13 PM
That's a really interesting link, thanks for posting it.

Larry.