PDA

View Full Version : How serious are bag inspections?

Captain Josh
08-18-2003, 06:02 PM
I really want to know, because I can't tell on my own. To me, it's inconsistent at best. Not that I've tried to smuggle anything in. At most, I had a military style canteen and a tin mug I bought from the Army-Navy shop. For the most part, the checker didn't care, but there was this one time where the checker was deathly serious, about the mug. It's shiny and all, and looks a little suspicious. Now, some might call this a hassle, but I was hoping for someone, ANYONE to ask questions about the contents of my bag. It just seems so lax, sometimes.

Also, I am wondering about the status on knitting needles. I'm quite an obsessive knitter, and I'm wondering if I can bring a blunted, elongated shaft into the park. They won't allow them on airplanes, but what about Disneyland? I know it's probably a long shot, but I've always just wanted to sit on the porch on Main St. and take a knitting break.

Uncle Dick
08-18-2003, 06:06 PM
this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19064) is a good place to start if you'd like to read about the mostly ineffective bag checks at Disneyland. The only things that usually gets confiscated at the main gate are tiny nail-clippers/pocket knives.

If you want to bring knitting needles into the park, I'd recommend slipping them in your pocket before you enter. Most bag checkers probably wouldn't hassle you, but it's better safe than sorry!

(Oh, and, uh, if you do try the "knitting thing," let me know if it works, eh? ;) )

Captain Josh
08-18-2003, 06:12 PM
I saw that other thread, but I felt my thoughts were a bit off-topic.

And yeah, I could smuggle just about anything in my pockets, much less the pocket of my bag. It was obvious that I had something big in the bag pocket (the aforementioned canteen) but I've only been asked to open it once, in the last two months.

I'd take this time to plug my little knitting business project on the side, but that's just shameless, and I usually only sell to close family friends I see regularly...

AVP
08-18-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by G-Hawk
Also, I am wondering about the status on knitting needles. I'm quite an obsessive knitter, and I'm wondering if I can bring a blunted, elongated shaft into the park. They won't allow them on airplanes, but what about Disneyland? I know it's probably a long shot, but I've always just wanted to sit on the porch on Main St. and take a knitting break. I know for a fact that you will not be allowed into the park with a visible knitting needle. A friend of mine was turned away, and I've seen it happen twice since.

AVP

Captain Josh
08-18-2003, 06:31 PM
That's all I needed to know. Consider this thread closed...