PDA

View Full Version : Planning a trip for [Disneyland's] 50th birthday... hotel?

heather
08-18-2003, 03:27 PM
my family is planning to go to DL for the 50th anniversary.. there is going to be 6 of us; 2 adults, 2 18 year olds, one 11 year old and one 9 year old. We want to make our reservations early, what hotel would be best for us? we are looking for pricewise and what will accomodate us all, so 1 or 2 rooms... any good hotels? any comments are appreciated.

sleepyjeff
08-22-2003, 08:34 PM
Get two rooms at the Hyatt. It is a mile away but has an excellent shuttle service and the rooms are every bit as nice as those of the DLR at less than half the cost.

If cost is a major consideration the Hyatt can be very affordable during the off season---------but during the busy time of the year it can cost a pretty penny.

If you are going during the busy season and you don't like what the Hyatt is quoting; try the Holiday Inn Express. It is very nice and even includes a huge continental breakfast. I am not sure about the shuttle situation from the Express.

Good luck on your trip and have a great time.

oohykitten
08-22-2003, 09:01 PM
what hotels are taking reservations yet?

julia
08-23-2003, 11:11 AM
Hi,

Well, for such a special celebration for Disneyland...the Disneyland Hotel would be perfect, yes?

When choosing a hotel, be sure to compare prices for an economy resort vs. a moderate resort vs. a superior resort - the prices aren't always very different and the hotel categories are based on quality and amenity, but NOT by price!

I would suggest a few different options for you:

1. The Embassy Suites Anaheim South might be ideal for you - they have suites for 6 people and are within a block of Disneyland, plus they offer a daily cooked-to-order breakfast, an evening snacks and beverage reception and have courtesy shuttle to Disneyland if you didn't want to walk. This would be the best value.

2. For a superior hotel....the Anaheim Marriott, the Hilton Anaheim and the Sheraton Anaheim have excellent rates, good locations and are consistently getting good reviews from our clients and customers.

3. For a moderate resort...the Candy Cane Inn is a Disneyland classic with a very nice quality, good value with a deluxe continental breakfast, excellent rates and you can't beat the location, right up against Disneyland and 250 yards from Disneyland!

We probably won't see 2005 rates for Disneyland until mid-2004, but I think there is a good chance that there will be some special packages and special deals for such a great celebration.

Have a magical day!