PDA

View Full Version : Jay Rasulo? Really?

Doodle Duck
08-18-2003, 06:12 AM
So...uh...is this like the invisible man routine or what?
Guess we got our hopes up for a phantom...
Yoo Hoo...Jaaaaay...is you is or is you ain't?

SteveK
08-18-2003, 09:08 AM
Unfortunately, it looks like the internet community may have had too high of hopes when Jay was announced (and possibly built him up too much as the park saviour). My guess is that either one of two things is happening.

A) He's truly loves the park and wants to do what's right but is stuck between a rock and a hard place. He may have the desire to help the park grow and improve but doesn't have the financial support from corporate to do it.

B) He's ultimately no different that past park management and is willing to keep the park as is. As long as he doesn't incur great expenditures and keeps costs down, he'll maintain management approval and keep his job....he doesn't want to rock the boat.

My guess is (A). We probably haven't heard from him (and he didn't show up at cast blast) because he's disappointed he can't get the things done he wants. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now. If we don't see him getting things done in a year, I'll start to question his ability to lead.

-Steve

JeffG
08-18-2003, 10:18 AM
My guess is that the answer is:

C) He is a corporate division head that has a budget and time line to work with and a huge number of projects, tasks, employees, and responsibilities to balance. As was the case with his predecessor, those participating on boards like this have nowhere near enough information to judge his job performance or approach. Since his name has been publicized somewhat online, he will likely end up being a scapegoat for anything people don't like and/or a hero for whatever people do like. This is all regardless of whether or not he had much of anything to do with the decisions being discussed.

-Jeff

Cadaverous Pallor
08-18-2003, 11:51 AM
I don't know too much about the workings within the higher levels of humongous companies, but it would be my guess that it takes a long time for a change in administration to take effect. Making large waves in policy isn't easy. Rasulo is probably also learning as he goes.

Does this make sense?

stevemo
08-18-2003, 12:00 PM
I think that we got our hopes up a little high, as well. I believe that we will see a number of improvements and additions to WDW, but not many, if any, at Disneyland. I think that the suits, including Jay, may see Disneyland as the "Little Resort that Couldn't." Time to cut loses.

Someone You Dont Know
08-18-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by JeffG
My guess is that the answer is:

C) He is a corporate division head that has a budget and time line to work with and a huge number of projects, tasks, employees, and responsibilities to balance. As was the case with his predecessor, those participating on boards like this have nowhere near enough information to judge his job performance or approach. Since his name has been publicized somewhat online, he will likely end up being a scapegoat for anything people don't like and/or a hero for whatever people do like. This is all regardless of whether or not he had much of anything to do with the decisions being discussed.

-Jeff

Well said, Jeff. I agree with you 100%.

Doodle Duck
08-18-2003, 03:52 PM
I address only the invisibility factor....one (me) would think it is a higher profile position than 'designated phantom'.

As far as budget constraints, Monorail repair whining etc....this would ALL sit well with me IF this was a losing operation. It is not.
It is open year round...it is successful beyond dreams with daily tallys any other theme park would kill for...even Magic Mountain puts the bucks in new E tickets EVERY YEAR...much less keep up the maintainence on the basics. Sales in retail are incredible compared to ANY other store operation in any mall you can think of. Imagine any store with 30,000 possible customers PER DAY!
This budget constraint stuff is manufactured BS. It will allways take bucks to make bucks...even the lowest 8 year old's Lemonade stand exhibits that.
Cutting a MAJOR ICON (monorail) from the budget is insane and no more than greed and stupidity and more GREED. Find the money or....what?....find the money! The Monorail system is NOT an OPTION.

I don't need 'enough information to judge etc.'...I'm just asking the question...Jay...is you is or is you ain't?