PDA

View Full Version : Good News, the Monorail Stairs have been painted, and the signs fixed!

Darkbeer
08-17-2003, 10:05 PM
I decided to do a quick mini-photo update (the full update will be done in a few hours, hopefully) of the fixes that happened since last week, and the photos I posted on the internet.

Disneyland improvements from August 16th (http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4088391&a=30820919&f=0)

It was very nice to see that Disney addressed these problems (Thank You :) )

Now, of course, the full update does included peeling paint in Toontown, and more missing Thatching... But hopefully that can be address sometime in the near future....

blusilva
08-17-2003, 10:23 PM
Thank you, Darkbeer. Both for the original photo report and for the follow up.

Cadaverous Pallor
08-17-2003, 10:29 PM
Ok, I have to apologize.

I know that there is no way to know why they acted so quickly on these issues. But those stairs had obviously been neglected for some time before you posted the pics. And now, just one week later, they have been painted.

Therefore, it is my belief that someone is reading these boards and that the "squeaky wheel" tactic is paying off. So I withdraw my complaint about you posting such depressing pictures....it seems to be the way to get things done.

Good job, Darkbeer. :)

Mr. Fusion
08-17-2003, 11:36 PM
Does anyone find it amusing, perhaps even ironic, that the steps of the Monorail loading platform sparkle from a fresh new coat of paint, yet the trains are still subjected to "duct tape maintenance (http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr030818.htm#NewsAndViews) "?

Just a thought.

-Mr. Fusion

P.S. I won't rant on the Monorail cutbacks here, I'll save that for another thread.

TecTalker2K
08-18-2003, 10:07 AM
This could be the answer to Disneylands problems. If it's broke, let's paint it. Seems like the padders are more intrested in paint than working attractions.

Not Afraid
08-18-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by TecTalker2K
This could be the answer to Disneylands problems. If it's broke, let's paint it. Seems like the padders are more intrested in paint than working attractions.

HUH? What did that mean?

TecTalker2K
08-18-2003, 11:33 AM
I see everyone complaining about the paint when major attractions need to be fixed. They need to set priorities. I think its great to have steps painted that lead to the monorail but who needs them when the monorail no longer runs?

Cadaverous Pallor
08-18-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Fusion
Does anyone find it amusing, perhaps even ironic, that the steps of the Monorail loading platform sparkle from a fresh new coat of paint, yet the trains are still subjected to "duct tape maintenance (http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr030818.htm#NewsAndViews) "?No one ever said that paint was more important than ride function. Our point is that any cutback that results in ugly show is one cutback too many. All of these problems need addressing.

Do you think the cost of a couple of gallons of paint plus the salary of a couple of hours of labor would save the Monorail trains?

stevemo
08-18-2003, 11:49 AM
Dude, I think you can find posts enough to choke a horse concerning closed/broken attractions. What boards have you been reading? It's a s simple as fix what needs to be fixed, paint what needs to be painted!

dingdong2U
08-18-2003, 01:11 PM
It's nice to see that some of the neglect on the painting is finally being taken care of. It's really bad show when things get this bad.

On a separate note, does anybody happen to know the reason why the exit escalator on the west end of the Tomorrowland station has been closed for so many months forcing all guests to exit at the front of the train?

--- Mike

DisneyFan25863
08-18-2003, 04:32 PM
Too bad they didn't fix this (http://www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp?UV=658703577198_68294641505&collid=18635641505&photoid=44845641505&page=1). Oh well :(

TecTalker2K
08-19-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by dingdong2U
On a separate note, does anybody happen to know the reason why the exit escalator on the west end of the Tomorrowland station has been closed for so many months forcing all guests to exit at the front of the train?

--- Mike

Maybe they are spending money on paint instead.

Mad Hatter
08-19-2003, 11:49 PM
Osha regulations have shut down one of the ramps. they must be able to run with guests on them.the long western ramp does not work.:mad: