PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Calendar

TTFN92
02-03-2013, 02:03 PM
I'm not one that usually likes complaining threads, although this board doesn't have too many of them, but I'm going to have one today. So, I really love my Disneyland calendar. It makes me happy :). But there are times that I wonder who in the world was in charge of putting this thing together. Disney has access to the best camera equipment and photographers there are. They can take pictures of anything in the park and there are countless things to take pictures of. So why do they choose some of the pictures that they do for the calendar? Today I turned it to February, I know I'm late :rolleyes:, and it is a picture of the Tomorrowland sign. It's not even a good picture. It's one that looks like it's really old, but not old in a good way, just poorly done old. It's February! Why not Mickey and Minnie, Donald and Daisy, The Queen of Hearts? Even Abraham Lincoln for Presidents' Day. But the Tomorrowland sign? I've been getting these calendars for about the last 5 yrs. and have thought this same thing many times and have seen them use the same photos over and over again, like the Haunted Mansion and Tea Cups. It seems like they don't even try to do something new and cool and put as little effort in as possible. It wouldn't even take much effort to make it different. I'm not going to quit buying the calendar but it's just disappointing sometimes. I still love to see the Tea Cups and the Haunted Mansion, but maybe a different variation sometimes would be nice.

Ok, I'm done with my vent.

houseofmouse
02-04-2013, 07:57 AM
Two words, Stock Photos. Cheaper to just use existing photos than go create new ones. Good or bad photos, whatever works.

TTFN92
02-04-2013, 10:08 AM
I know that's what it is but they have to have better stock photos. I would think their collection is huge. I just think it could have been put together better.

LacyBelle
02-05-2013, 09:51 AM
Yep. I'm with you. I was pretty disappointed when I turned the page to February, also. I would think a sweetheart pic would have been much more appropriate than the tired Tomorrowland sign.

I get the stock photo argument, but there must be stock photos of our mouse couple around that could have been used instead.

houseofmouse
02-05-2013, 10:38 AM
Maybe they have too many stock photos!! Takes too much time to go through them all! Did you guys order the calendar or was it purchased in the parks?

TTFN92
02-05-2013, 11:45 AM
It is from the park. They've also been using the same design each year. It looks like all the year stuff they have that has looked the same for the past decade but with a new number. I wish they'd revamp that too. It's just laziness.

bfdancer
02-05-2013, 03:25 PM
I dont know what calender you have but the one i have is a picture of DCA Carthay Circle Theater and the water fountain....

amazedncal
02-06-2013, 06:30 AM
I was also disappointed in a "what the heck?" kind of way when I turned my calendar to February :( I was expecting a reference to Valentines Day or a photo of one of their beautiful seasonal floral displays. A weird photo of Tomorrowland is just strange.

TTFN92
02-06-2013, 12:15 PM
I dont know what calender you have but the one i have is a picture of DCA Carthay Circle Theater and the water fountain....
It's just the 2013 Disneyland calendar. There aren't any pics from DCA in it. I'd love to see the one you have because it sounds like new pics in it.

lola2009
02-06-2013, 01:16 PM
It's just the 2013 Disneyland calendar. There aren't any pics from DCA in it. I'd love to see the one you have because it sounds like new pics in it.

I think this is referencing the Ap calendar that was mailed out.

MadasaHatter
02-07-2013, 07:14 AM
Ok.....I generally don't go for complaining on these discussion boards....but TTFN92 you totally crack me up... I couldn't agree more! Again, in this day and age....how hard is this? You or I could pick out ( or ANYONE on MP for that matter) better pics and also just reference AT LEAST last years calendar and not duplicate. I had to chuckle at this post....sometimes it is the small things that seem to matter more. LOVE IT!

disneylandgirl
02-07-2013, 11:33 AM
I almost didn't buy the calendar this year... because of this same reason. It looks the same... with the same pictures... as always... Maybe I'll just make my own?

bfdancer
02-08-2013, 08:52 AM

here is a pic of Feb:)

bfdancer
02-08-2013, 08:55 AM
here is march

TTFN92
02-08-2013, 12:36 PM
Those pics aren't from the calendar I have. They look great though. Wish that's what I had. But Carthay Restaurant isn't what I'd pick for Feb but it's better than the TL sign. At least you could have a romantic dinner there.

houseofmouse
02-08-2013, 03:34 PM
March picture is lame in my opinion. They could have gotten better shots of RSR. :)
It just really doesn't surprise me anymore that there is really no thought put into the calendar. After seeing WDW merchandise at DL and the quality of some souvenirs go downhill, a thoughtless calendar is not shocking. Seems to be the way things are going lately.

MadasaHatter
02-11-2013, 06:48 AM
Um....I hate to say it but I always use my iPhone calendar only as it is with me all the time so maybe calendar sales are down and it is up to Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum to pick out the pictures.....since no one buys them anymore.....and well, heck-fire, trust me.....they just truly aren't very reliable....THE TL SIGN!?!?! OH DON'T LET'S BE SILLY!

TTFN92
02-11-2013, 10:17 AM
I use my iPhone calendar most of the time. I mainly have the Disney one for the pictures. LOL! It's in our kitchen and handy to look at when we're talking about the dates things are on. I don't write anything on it. They are used for different things.