PDA

View Full Version : DCA DEP & Fantasmic in same night?

jeffport
08-17-2003, 12:52 PM
Our family is staying at the resort in mid-October and we will only have Friday night available to see these shows, as we leave on Saturday. We're from out of town and the kids want to see both as we don't get to the resort very often.

DCA has scheduled DEP at 8pm, and Fantasmic begins at 9pm (one show) on that Friday night. My question is this .... if we stake out a spot for the parade near the front gate of DCA (where I believe it travels first), the Electric Parade should finish up at about 8:20pm. Would that be enough time (40 minutes) to race over to New Orleans Square and find an 'acceptable' spot for us to all watch Fantasmic @ 9pm. My hope is that the October nights won't have the intense crowds for F! that we experienced in the summer 2 years ago (the last time we got to see the show).

As a side note, any specific advice on where we should go to seek out a spot so close to showtime? (ie: what would be our best shot for finding a viewing area.)

ralfrick
08-17-2003, 03:10 PM
You obviously won't get a choice spot, but it should be doable. In 2001 we watched the Elec. at 8:15 near the Monterey area and made it over for a 9:25 Believe arriving at the hub right when the lights went down. Since that was summer, and you're going to watch the parade nearer to the entrance, I say go for it. If there are fireworks that night, it'll be trickier, but maybe you'll get really lucky and can immediately get on the train at Main Street and avoid the madness. Good luck.

jeffport
08-17-2003, 03:49 PM
I didn't think about the train option to get around the crowds after the Electrical Parade. Does anyone know how often the trains typically run? Would that be too risky or would that give us a big advantage -- by getting well into the New Orleans Square area via the train depot?

zapppop
08-17-2003, 04:02 PM
In the past I've seen the Main Street Electrical Parade in DCA and Believe in Disneyland on the same night (both shows only being 45 minutes apart). I see no reason why you can't see both MSEP and F! in one night.

ralfrick
08-17-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by jeffport
I didn't think about the train option to get around the crowds after the Electrical Parade. Does anyone know how often the trains typically run? Would that be too risky or would that give us a big advantage -- by getting well into the New Orleans Square area via the train depot?

Well, at the time I thought of it while typing, I was thinking along the lines of if it's pulling in right when you arrive, but you could probably ask a CM at the station as well.

Captain Josh
08-17-2003, 07:58 PM
Well, it's definately possible. The ol' park is probably won't be as crowded as I'm used to. (For some reason, whenever I go, there's a HUGE crowd, summer camp kids, benefits for certain members of society, a convention of some sort, etc.) If the park isn't too crowded, seeing the Electrical Parade and Fantasmic! should be possible. However, taking in mind that the West end of Disneyland is usually a traffic nightmare, good luck finding a good spot. Unless you're reserved at the Disney Gallery balcony...or the premium ticketed seating spot near the river across from the Haunted Mansion. Hey, it's just ANOTHER 47 dollars for those seats....:p

Captain Josh
08-17-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by jeffport

The Train SOUNDS like a good idea, but the last time I was there, they stopped the trains at about 9:00pm, because they couldn't pass around the back, where the fireworks get shot off. So, if you can make it to the station quickly, and there is no line...maybe you'll get lucky.

MonorailMan
08-17-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by G-Hawk
So, if you can make it to the station quickly, and there is no line...maybe you'll get lucky.

Keyword: maybe.

I doubt it. Walk it. The train can be a hassle. ;)