PDA

View Full Version : Princess Fantasy Faire to Open March 12

Pages : [1] 2

stan4d_steph
01-31-2013, 09:26 AM
Disneyland has announced that the new Fantasy Faire will open on March 12 in the location of the former Carnation Plaza Gardens. The princesses will greet guests in the Royal Hall, and will encounter some surprises along the way like Geppetto's cat Figaro sleeping on a windowsill, and "Clopin's Music Box," an interactive mechanical toy inspired by "The Hunchback of Notre Dame."

The village square outside the hall features Rapunzel's tower; Rapunzel's hair twists around the sculpture and is outfitted with twinkling lights to give the area an after-dark glow.

Another highlight of the Fantasy Faire will be the Royal Theatre, where vaudeville-style Renaissance storytellers will present the stories of Belle or Rapunzel in separate shows. The respective princess will remain following the show to greet guests.

The Fairytale Treasures shop will offer everything your princess desires, and Maurice's Treats cart will serve bread twists in sweet and savory flavors along with his Boysen Apple Freeze beverage.

houseofmouse
01-31-2013, 04:12 PM
A friend heard they also will be selling Dole Whips. Is that something you have been told?

AVP
01-31-2013, 04:25 PM
A friend heard they also will be selling Dole Whips. Is that something you have been told?They will not. It's a new frozen drink called Boysen-Apple.

AVP

houseofmouse
01-31-2013, 04:49 PM
They will not. It's a new frozen drink called Boysen-Apple.

AVP

I don't like Dole Whips (don't judge:) ) but that doesn't sound tasty either. Especially if it has that frothy stuff on it like in Carsland.

oregontraveler
01-31-2013, 05:21 PM
The 'Royal Theatre' would be the bandstand then. I hope those benches I saw in another drawing are portable and not locked down on the floor in some fashion. That would screw up the dance floor at night. I'm still looking forward to seeing it this summer.

tea4two
01-31-2013, 06:30 PM
I'm becoming anxious about swing dancing returning to the PFF theater. Someone posted on another board yesterday that the plans are for dancing to return, since the benches aren't fixed to the ground and the floor will be the same marble floor. But with the answer to today's question being more of a wait and see, I'm not reassured. Then someone else posted that the West Stage in DtD (where swing dancing is currently held) is being made larger -- now I'm really nervous. I hope Disney won't keep us there -- there just isn't the same sense of stability there.

Cory Gross
02-01-2013, 05:59 AM
I'm becoming anxious about swing dancing returning to the PFF theater. Someone posted on another board yesterday that the plans are for dancing to return, since the benches aren't fixed to the ground and the floor will be the same marble floor. But with the answer to today's question being more of a wait and see, I'm not reassured. Then someone else posted that the West Stage in DtD (where swing dancing is currently held) is being made larger -- now I'm really nervous. I hope Disney won't keep us there -- there just isn't the same sense of stability there.

I hope it's not lost on them that when they unveiled this whole plan at the D23 Expo, the swing dancing staying got bigger applause than the actual Fantasy Faire.

The last time we went to Disneyland I saw them setting up the swing dancing... I didn't get a chance to join in (I can't dance when it involves actual steps anyways), but it didn't have a real positive feel either. If they wanted to keep it outside the gates though, that's a great way of saving a lot of people a lot of money, right?

houseofmouse
02-01-2013, 07:04 AM
The pictures look fabulous. Excited to at least walk through it when it opens. However, is that drink really 4.69 for that tiny glass pictured?

oregontraveler
02-01-2013, 07:08 AM
I hope it's not lost on them that when they unveiled this whole plan at the D23 Expo, the swing dancing staying got bigger applause than the actual Fantasy Faire.

The last time we went to Disneyland I saw them setting up the swing dancing... I didn't get a chance to join in (I can't dance when it involves actual steps anyways), but it didn't have a real positive feel either. If they wanted to keep it outside the gates though, that's a great way of saving a lot of people a lot of money, right?

That's the point most of the regulars have been stating since the refurb started. At Plaza Gardens, there was a sense of
seperation from the rest of the park. The DtD location seems more casual and more dancers competing for space. And you are in the middle of it all, so the lack of intimacy is lost.

While this new PFF means the displacement for the School Arts program plus the All American College Band, I still have hope of Swing Dancing returning at night.

houseofmouse
02-01-2013, 07:19 AM
Oregontraveler- I have seen the All American College Band perform in front of the castle, so I don't think they will be displaced. Hopefully the Arts program can go over to DCA. DCA is where all the dancers perform.

AVP
02-01-2013, 07:58 AM
The pictures look fabulous. Excited to at least walk through it when it opens. However, is that drink really 4.69 for that tiny glass pictured?No, all of the drinks are 16oz servings. The photo is of the smaller sample we were given at the event.

houseofmouse
02-01-2013, 08:32 AM
Whew! Thanks AVP.

oregontraveler
02-01-2013, 08:36 AM
Oregontraveler- I have seen the All American College Band perform in front of the castle, so I don't think they will be displaced. Hopefully the Arts program can go over to DCA. DCA is where all the dancers perform.

I'm aware of their schedule, they have at least 5 sets 'on stage' each day. I was referring to the Big Band set that used to be the first show of the day at 2pm. They were at DCA last year along with the Arts School programs. Seeing them on the Gardens Stage was a nice 'tip of the hat' to the Big Bands that played back in the day. They were also the 'house band' on Friday nights during the summer of 2010.

houseofmouse
02-01-2013, 02:08 PM
OT- I had no idea they played on the stage. When I have seen them it is always in front of the castle. I remember seeing the Military band Air Force or Navy I can't remember last summer at DCA. That was pretty cool.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-02-2013, 07:08 AM
I logged on today just so I can check on this. Glad to see this information. We have our full family trip planned for the week before Mother's Day, but yesterday DH suggested we move the trip to April. I was concerned we would miss Fantasy Faire opening and didn't want that to happen, my DD is a full on princess. Glad to hear even moving up our trip we will still get to experience this new area. Sounds magical!

jcatron243
02-02-2013, 11:07 AM
I am so excited! THis is going to fall right in the middle of our trip, so the kids won't mind standing in line.

houseofmouse
02-03-2013, 11:43 AM
I wonder what the chances are of the Fantasy Faire having a soft opening? We will be there the 1st, 2nd, and 4th of March. :)

MidwayManiac
02-03-2013, 04:05 PM
I don't like Dole Whips (don't judge:) ) .

I'm right there with you on the Dole Whips HoM. And lol, love the don't judge preempt.

Bring on the PFF.

HeavenOnEarth
02-04-2013, 10:50 AM
Not looking forward to this at all...bing Whoop a gender specific area 'lil girls" to get all giddy with meeting a few pricesses...who cares!!!

carolinakid
02-04-2013, 10:53 AM
I know a few guys (ahem) who are "giddy" about Princess Fantasy Faire. Carnation Plaza Gardens was never a "must-do" for us.

DL Mama
02-04-2013, 11:25 AM
Honestly, character meet-and-greets aren't a must for us, but whenever there is something new that pulls people out of ride queues or congested walkways, I say "Hurray!" Of course, the character interactions are great when you are with someone who hasn't done it before, or has a favorite, kid or adult!

houseofmouse
02-04-2013, 01:39 PM
HOE, it look so cool to just walk through! Also there will be a stage show, you could check it out. ;)
We are not princess people anymore, although I do like Tiana. :)

cvcgolf
02-04-2013, 01:39 PM

Photo number 6 in this article shows (at least to me) that the stage has been expanded into the dance floor.. The workers are standing in the middle of the floor and close behind them looks to be a foundation for the stage.. Can anyone confirm this?..

http://www.ocregister.com/entertainment/disney-414092-princesses-fantasyland.html

HeavenOnEarth
02-04-2013, 03:45 PM
Yea Houseofmouse...I think I will survive if I never go into that area :-)

oregontraveler
02-04-2013, 04:21 PM
Photo number 6 in this article shows (at least to me) that the stage has been expanded into the dance floor.. The workers are standing in the middle of the floor and close behind them looks to be a foundation for the stage.. Can anyone confirm this?..

It looks like the original bandstand frame is still there, right behind the canopy supports in the middle. So let the speculation continue on what the final layout will be. In case you missed today's update. Disney responded there are no immediate plans to bring back dancing on weekend nights. Along with the announced 6 scheduled shows that will happen during the day, alternating
between Rapunzel & Belle, with each show being 20 minutes.