PDA

View Full Version : Wild animals in the park

Bill Catherall
08-29-2001, 01:30 PM
Has anybody here actually had an encounter or a sighting of the legendary wild animals that live in Disneyland?

I was waiting in the exit of Indiana Jones over by where the Jungle Cruise boats go by and the skipper makes jokes about the wild humans...you know...right by the big truck that is part of the queue (my wife and I were doing baby swap and I was watching the kids while waiting for her). All of a sudden a cat comes out from under that truck, jumps across the path and ducks back into the bushes by the river. It totally took me by surprise. I've always heard about the cats but didn't think I'd ever see one. If I had been looking the other way I wouldn't have seen it.

lisap
08-29-2001, 01:36 PM
I mentioned this on another wild animal thread, but I fed french fries (bought at the park ;) ) to a calico cat sitting behind the fry cart. She was so cute but we kept our distance and just tossed them to her. She would pick them up in her paw and eat them.

Nigel2
08-29-2001, 01:44 PM
They like to hang out by the cart in front of the gates to the exit of the Arena that was showing Hunchback.

cstephens
08-29-2001, 02:04 PM
I've seen and fed little baby mice by River Belle.

Napsto
08-29-2001, 02:07 PM
i have never seen one, although i saw a bear scartching its back on the river of americas once

cyberRoo
08-29-2001, 04:39 PM
We've seen the cats at Indy - a whole family of them.

And, of course, Mickey's distant mouse relatives running around at the Matterhorn.

FantasmicFan82
08-29-2001, 05:54 PM
Well, seeing cats is better than seeing mice. that's why their's cats. they're cool.
Ahhh, feeding ducks in the river in critter country, I always do that.

rexfarms
08-29-2001, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
I've seen and fed little baby mice by River Belle.

Kinda nasty to see a rodent at a place you would eat...dont you think?

Run4Beanies
08-29-2001, 11:28 PM
I saw a cat right between The Disney Gallery/POTC and Tarzan's Treehouse.

cstephens
08-30-2001, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by rexfarms
Kinda nasty to see a rodent at a place you would eat...dont you think?

If it was running around inside a regular restaurant, then yes. But this was outside in the bushes, at Disneyland. I'm not a mouse person, but they were very cute.

Napsto
08-31-2001, 10:40 PM
you weren't expecting to see amouse at disneyland?

thamnarestan
09-01-2001, 12:13 AM
I've seen lots of cats, squirrels, mice, rats, birds, giant spiders, and snakes and inside Disneyland. The cats usually only come out after all the Guests have left. They don't seem to mind CMs, for some reason. The giant spiders and snakes stay mostly in the Adventureland area (where the Jungle Cruise jungle has virtually turned into a real jungle).

As far as rats in restaurants go, Riverbelle Terrace and Plaza Inn have the worst rat infestation problems.