PDA

View Full Version : Two questions about staying at the parks

keschy
08-16-2003, 05:10 PM
I live in LA so I usually don't stay over in Anaheim but we are going to spend a weekend in September. I'm just wondering what the best hotels in walking distance are. I'd like to keep the hotel under $100 if possible.

Also, We always eat at Disneyland and I am curious about what restaurants at DCA are good. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Elly
08-16-2003, 05:28 PM
My favorite hotels within walking distance are the Best Western Park Place Inn (the closest) and the Candy Cane Inn. Rates at the Park Place Inn vary due to availability etc.. Candy Cane has rates posted online at $77 for a regular room and $88 for a slightly larger room. Both include a complimentary breakfast.

The restaurant I most enjoyed this trip at DCA was lunch at Ariel's Grotto. The food was good, the air conditioning and sit down service refreshing and the characters were hilarious.

tjrj
08-17-2003, 08:19 AM
DCA eateries: Taste Pilot's Grill has very good burgers with a condiment bar to add your own touches. If you get the kid's meal, ask them to replace the potato thingys(kinda like tater tots) with the regular criss-cross fries. My son absolutely refuses to eat the potato rounds. And nearly everyone I've heard agrees that they are yucky.

I like the chowder at Pacific Wharf better than that served in New Orleans Square-which is saying something!

The Winery restaurant has a lovely location and it's nice to slow down from time to time. Food was great but pricey.

Ariel's wasn't open the times were were there but the menu looks great.

ralfrick
08-17-2003, 08:58 AM
I'm staying at the Anaheim Desert Inn (the Second closest) in November for $79 per night for a suite that has a bedroom with 2 queens, and a living room with sofa bed, fridge and microwave. I booked via worldres.com, and other sites wanted $89 for the same. Since Sep. is off season, there should be similar rates.

Not Afraid
08-17-2003, 10:00 AM
We live in Long Beach and have stayed at the Resort, however, we always look for deals at the GC or the DLH. The DLH is really worth staying at - it is a magical place.

At DCA, I love the Tratoria or the very nice restaurant upstairs, the Vinyard Room. Also, Ariel's Grotto is fun and has decent food.

Captain Josh
08-17-2003, 04:47 PM
For food's sake, I have to suggest dining anywhere in DCA, the food overall is a bit more appealing to the budget pilot, especially at Taste Pilot's Grill.

However, for sheer sake of ambience, you can't miss the Blue Bayou, despite the high prices. And, just because I favor DCA doesn't mean I don't like the food in Disneyland. Over there, I'd have to recommend either Plaza Inn, for a more formal sit-down meal, or the Bengal Barbeque if you're in a hurry. And, like most Adventureland fans can tell you, don't forget the Dole Whip. :D

snappy
08-17-2003, 11:52 PM
Disneyland:

Main Street:
Carnation Cafe
Penne Pasta with chicken--Yummy
1/2 soup/sandwich---Yum...

Plaza INN:
Fried chicken dinner/lunch--tasty
Pot Roast--Tasty
*Offer an all you can eat character breakfast. $$$ but worth it if you eat a lot!!

Tomorrowland:
Redd Rockets :)
Tasty pizza
Pasta with chicken- ATF (all time favorite) generous portion
Salads--Very tasty

California Adventure:
Pacific Warf District
Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill
Nachos are fantastic. (ATF)
Chicken, pork, beef..all tasty

Not so tasty places:
California Adventure:
*PIzza Oom Mow Mow...

Disneyland:
*Pretty much everything is tasty--

Down Town Disney
* The Brennan's Jazz Kitchen---Yuck!!
*Talking about the section in which you pick up your food and sit outside.
*Never ate inside (formal dining) but the outside stuff is just terrible.

danyoung
08-18-2003, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by snappy
Down Town Disney
* The Brennan's Jazz Kitchen---Yuck!!
*Talking about the section in which you pick up your food and sit outside.
*Never ate inside (formal dining) but the outside stuff is just terrible.

While I've never eaten at the pick up section, I've had 4 memorable meals out of 4 inside. Really good, somewhat different food, great service, and terrific live jazz music.

jrad32
08-18-2003, 08:16 AM
West Coast Anaheim is close, nice and cheap.