PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic! in September?

Jim Dear and Darling
01-29-2013, 04:18 PM
Hi all,

Can anybody tell me if Fantasmic is likely to be playing during the weekends in September? I know they used to still have it when I would go the week after Labor Day, but from the calendar, it looks like they aren't doing it during off season any more?

candles71
01-29-2013, 08:08 PM
When we went in September (2006, 2007) F! Didn't run in those first couple of weeks after labor day. We go off-season other times of the year and it plays Friday through Sunday usually. Now, Halloween time starts mid-September and runs for 6 weeks so I think it plays on the weekends.
ETA: fyi, the Disneyland calendar now posts 6 weeks out only. (We used to go a few months out) to the day. One day at a time will be added. Hours usually first with shows coming up as the date comes closer. So even if your days are showing don't lose hope right away if F! Or World of Color isn't on the schedule yet. I know it has been awhile for you guys, some things have changed.

ogold72
01-30-2013, 10:35 AM
Im visiting in late September and called DLR and asked the CM if they have any criteria for when they determine when they move from peak to off peak schedules and she couldnt provide anything concrete and suggested that its a judgement call based on crowd projections

Ferb
01-30-2013, 08:14 PM
Hi all,

Can anybody tell me if Fantasmic is likely to be playing during the weekends in September? I know they used to still have it when I would go the week after Labor Day, but from the calendar, it looks like they aren't doing it during off season any more?

Right not Fantasmic! is being refurbished, that is why you don't see it on the calendar. Normally it operates Friday-Sunday during the slow periods.

suejacken
01-31-2013, 08:31 AM
I am going in September too. I was looking forward to both Fantasmic and World of Color. I hope at least one of them will be playing.

candles71
01-31-2013, 09:04 AM
At this point WOC is still running 7 nights a week. (It has a short refurb coming up soon)

Jim Dear and Darling
01-31-2013, 01:38 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm especially glad to see that it is under refurb right now, gives me hope. :)

suejacken
01-31-2013, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the information.