PDA

View Full Version : DL: Waste of Space

Dean Higgins
08-15-2003, 09:06 AM
When folks visited DL after being in WDW's Magic Kingdom, they would comment about what a great job DISNEYLAND had done to fit in all their attractions with a much smaller amount of real estate. This used to be true... but now it is simply a mess.

One the one hand, you can barely move through Adventureland, New Orleans Square, and Critter Country because it is so crammed full of attractions/shops/restaurants etc. Everything is utilized.

But on the other hand, Frontierland has all that space in the back of it that is barely used like the old BIG THUNDER BBQ area, and that old FESTIVAL OF FOOLS area. While it is nice to walk along that back path just to get away from the crowds, I can't help but think they have wasted opportunities to build here. They used to have it all utilized for the RAINBOW CAVERNS/MINE TRAIN attractions.

Now Fantasyland is pretty filled up, but besides the empty Skybucket chalet, there is a lot of real estate between SMALL WORLD and MATTERHORN that seems pointless. The old phantom boat area and that raised "Meet Pooh" character greeting area are such pointless wastes.

NOW we get to TOMORROWLAND. I have so many problems with it, that I cannot even begin to start on it. But if I just stick to wasted space (no pun intended), we can see it in:
Empty Lagoon
Empty ROCKET RODS/PEOPLE MOVER track
Empty CIRCLEVISION theater
Empty SKY BUCKET station

Other than their skybucket stations and the empty "20,000 Leagues" lagoon, WDW has done a much better job at utilizing their space... especially their thriving TOMORROWLAND.

Elly
08-15-2003, 11:26 AM
I agree that certain areas of the park are terribly crowded now (due to fastpass), while others are empty. One thing that really needs to be addressed somehow is a way for people to get from Critter Country to another area of the park. I'm not sure what would have to change backstage, but they need to add a walkway around the Rivers of America to reduce the impossible congestion in that area.

sleepyjeff
08-15-2003, 06:57 PM
I have an idea that would ease congestion in the West side of the Park and at the same time bring some bodies to the East side:

PUT ALL FAST PASS DISTRIBUTION MACHINES IN TOMOROWLAND:)