PDA

View Full Version : Pins @ DL Question

Alpha1mom
08-15-2003, 06:20 AM
Hi,
Does anyone know if Disneyland is still flooded with the Snow White/Dwarfs head pins on Cast Members laynards?

Thanks so much!!

AVP
08-15-2003, 07:36 AM
Flooded may not be the right word, but there are lots of them - with two exceptions. For reasons I haven't quite understood, the Dopey and Grumpy pins from the set are very very rare.

Most "immunity lanyards" these days, (a cast member term for a lanyard filled with junk, making the wearer pretty much immune from having to trade), are filled with the Disney Store clearance pins.

AVP

experiment626
08-15-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by AVP
For reasons I haven't quite understood, the Dopey and Grumpy pins from the set are very very rare.

I believe the reason for this is that these are the most popular and are often sold out much more quickly then the other dwarfs.

AVP
08-15-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by experiment626
I believe the reason for this is that these are the most popular and are often sold out much more quickly then the other dwarfs. They would make sense if these had not been sold as a set originally. Since they were, there should be an equal number of all 8 characters in circulation.

I can see the more popular characters being scarce, but I don't understand that the Grumpy can get up to $80 on eBay, when Doc is a throw-away pin.

But then, I've never understood a lot of things.

AVP