PDA

View Full Version : The Buena Vista Bugle

Pages : [1] 2

Mom2
01-21-2013, 12:24 AM
Any idea how many papers there have been since they started making them? I have collected several but I am not sure if I have every one, I need to check! Any time I have asked how often they come out, I get a vague answer, the CMs do not seem to know. Anyone with any exact info on exactly when new ones come out? I know there is a Volume 2, Issue 1, New Year, New Day paper out. I totally forgot to get one when we were there on Saturday and just saw it in the DLR update.

cstephens
01-21-2013, 10:37 AM
The CMs probably don't know the answer to your question because while a new issue seems to come out regularly, it's not necessarily on a set schedule of quarterly or every other month or anything like that. Remember, they've only been doing it since June 15, so there's no real pattern to a new issue's release yet.

You're correct that the current issue is volume 2, issue 1. The issue prior to that was the Christmas one, which was volume 1, issue 5, so the current issue is the 6th one. The DCAToday Twitter account seems to tweet when there's a new issue out - I can't remember if their Facebook page mentions it. Many of us tend to spread the news of a new issue being out as well.

houseofmouse
01-21-2013, 11:24 AM
Where do you buy it? I totally spaced it in December.

oregontraveler
01-21-2013, 11:43 AM
The Bugle is FREE, you can pick it up at the Chamber of Commerce. I've also seen them inside the FFP Cafe, aka Starbucks.

tea4two
01-21-2013, 01:45 PM
They can also be found at the fruit stand next to the trolley stop and Kingston Photos on BVS.

houseofmouse
01-21-2013, 01:57 PM
Thank you!!

Mom2
01-22-2013, 06:59 AM
Thanks. I hope they keep it around, I love it!

Gone2Disneyland
01-24-2013, 07:54 AM
Any idea how many papers there have been since they started making them? I have collected several but I am not sure if I have every one, I need to check! Any time I have asked how often they come out, I get a vague answer, the CMs do not seem to know. Anyone with any exact info on exactly when new ones come out? I know there is a Volume 2, Issue 1, New Year, New Day paper out. I totally forgot to get one when we were there on Saturday and just saw it in the DLR update.

Oh my, thanks for the heads up on the new issue. With all the excitement surrounding the Golden Horseshoe Revue, this month is the first time in months that I never entered DCA!!! :p

I just went to my Disney pile; I have five previous issues of the Bugle. So January's would be the sixth. And it's raining for the next few days, "lovely" time to go out and bring home a nice clean copy of a newspaper. LOL

ImAlwaysCrazy
01-30-2013, 10:53 PM
There have been 7 to date. 6 available to everyone and one special edition. I have all of them. I do a PDF subscription of all of them. If you would like to receive them all email to bvsnewspaperpdf at gmail dot com. I will send it out to you and send all future copies out as well. I continue to do the PDF subscription as long as I have my pass and as long as they will produce the bvb.

Mom2
01-31-2013, 04:47 AM
There have been 7 to date. 6 available to everyone and one special edition. I have all of them. I do a PDF subscription of all of them. If you would like to receive them all email to bvsnewspaperpdf at gmail dot com. I will send it out to you and send all future copies out as well. I continue to do the PDF subscription as long as I have my pass and as long as they will produce the bvb.

I only have 6 papers so I must be missing the special edition. I will have to look and see which ones I have and come back and post here when I get a chance. When was the special edition paper?

Thanks for mentioning the PDF subscription. I did not know about that. I am a passholder, can I just sign up to receive that via the Disneyland site in the AP section?

Thanks so much!

Shortpix77
01-31-2013, 07:16 AM

That's so fun! I'll definitely be subscribing :-) Thanks!!

ImAlwaysCrazy
01-31-2013, 09:06 AM
I do the PDFs myself. I scan each one when I get it. I do it for friends that are not in California from another Disney forum. You are welcome to email me at the email provided above to receive the PDFs. I love sharing the Disney magic! As for the KOST edition it was for the special KOST party right before they put out the Christmas bugle. A friend was there and got me a copy to scan for my 60+ subscribers!

MadasaHatter
02-07-2013, 06:59 AM
Hey Crazy! Mad here!

tHANKS so much for doing this for all of us alls! I shot you a message here on the interweb!!! Look forward to reading the latest news!

ImAlwaysCrazy
02-09-2013, 12:40 PM
My pleasure! I love sharing the Disney magic!

CMHusband
02-15-2013, 06:01 PM
I have the pleasure of printing the BV Bugle each time. The quantities and editions vary depending on the month, season etc. When we first starting printing them, they really didn't know how many they would need so some runs have been pretty large like 200,000 and some really small (like the special edition which If I remember was only 1500)
Its been a fun project to work on but sadly I think we are printing the last edition this week. :(
Here is a video of the First Edition on press.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/7663220930/in/photostream

houseofmouse
02-16-2013, 10:26 AM
What?? Why? Really no more after this week? Gah! My trip is still 12 days away! Figures.

Mom2
02-17-2013, 02:52 PM
I kind of wondered if that might happen someday. Sounds like it was due to the cost of printing. I wonder if Disney is open to a test market on selling the paper in machines? Perhaps in an area where people might be prone to picking one up as a souvenier, placed near entrances or exits? I would bet children would love to drop in a coin to get one.

candles71
02-17-2013, 03:08 PM
I wonder if there is a perceived lack of interest? We wouldn't have known about them except the family in line behind us for Luigi's during the party had one. They actually had more than one and shared with us. I thought it was just an opening day thing until I read it on MP and got one in December. They stands are really out of the way even.

Mom2
02-17-2013, 10:53 PM
I think you are right candles71. I think they are not noticed. Not to mention that in general newspapers have become a thing of the past with electronic technology of today, hundreds of regular newspapers even going out of business the past couple of years. A lot of printed materials have become obsolete. I do think it was a charming add to the theme of BVS and hate to see it go though.

ImAlwaysCrazy
02-19-2013, 01:03 AM
I'm going to be really sad if the stop them. I love them and love getting them when they come out! Such a great souvenir when we go to the parks.

olegc
02-19-2013, 06:40 AM
well, it doesn't help that the newsstand the papers are located on are on the side of the Red Trolley station - usually blocked by any number of people, with or without strollers, waiting for their parties to come out of the bathroom or to decide "what to do". Since its next to a structure its the courteous thing to do, get out of the middle of any walking area, but then no one can happen to see it. As well, as you enter and hurry past to get to Carsland you will miss the details. For the majority of guests, I think, the slow-paced discovery style of theme park enjoyment is not on their agenda.

candles71
02-19-2013, 09:57 AM
The other side has them down the corridor to guest services next to Oswalds, still not a high traffic flow are. I knew to look for them so I looked around and down and then sent a kiddo after one.

olegc
02-19-2013, 10:48 AM
a great place for a stand? right against one of the walls of Carthay Circle - OR - next to the Wait Times board (and hey, a cast member is right there many times and could point it out).

Gramiangel420
02-20-2013, 12:26 PM
I am sorry that they are not going to keep printing them. Thanks to Imalwayscrazy, I have seen most of the issues and was looking forward to picking one up when I visit the park in April. :(

ImAlwaysCrazy
02-21-2013, 05:44 PM
I am sorry that they are not going to keep printing them. Thanks to Imalwayscrazy, I have seen most of the issues and was looking forward to picking one up when I visit the park in April. :(

Those are all the issues printed so far. As far as I know the new year one is still on the stands in the park. I will check on Sunday for a new one. But when the next one does come out I will get it and send out the PDF.