PDA

View Full Version : New at Disneyland

ScottC4746
01-20-2013, 09:01 PM
Tell me what of this have I missed in the past and just realized, and what is really new:

1) back side for French Market Cafe where Mint Julips are served enviromental sounds of a Voodoo woman practicing her religion.
2)New Orleans Square area music loop --- brand new
3)Haunted Mansion --- new creeks throughout. More stuff in the attic.
4)Main Street USA, the gas lamps are back
5)Frontierland new music loop.

stan4d_steph
01-20-2013, 09:11 PM
#1 is not new

olegc
01-21-2013, 10:19 PM
I think your whole list is not brand new. The attic scene is a few years old and they did improve the sound system a little while ago in the HM. Voodoo woman as far as I can remember has been chanting her spells. gas lamps are a couple of years old.. maybe more. It's all been there, just depends on what you're paying attention to.

spectromen
01-22-2013, 01:24 PM
I didn't know the gas lamps ever went away - did they?

Voodoo spiel has been going on at least 3 years that I can remember.

ScottC4746
01-28-2013, 02:02 PM
Wow I guess I am that unobservant.

houseofmouse
01-28-2013, 06:01 PM
Wow I guess I am that unobservant.

You are not alone. I am Mrs. Unobservant.

MadasaHatter
02-07-2013, 06:51 AM
I had forgotten about the VOO DOO woman but I indeed remember it.

I thought the MAIN ST lights were ALWAYS gas from day one???? Yes....no????

Are they still playing that Robert Mitchum; "Beef, it's what for dinner!" song in Frontierland.....don't get me started on the music. It is 2013 there should be enough music to rotate in all lands so that we don't hear the same thing over and over again.....I hope that they are changing it up....

As for the attic in the HM they take down NIGHTMARE BEFORE XMAS every year so there may always be new or re-arranged stuff up there....anyone??? Bueller??? Anyone?

AVP
02-07-2013, 09:45 AM
Are they still playing that Robert Mitchum; "Beef, it's what for dinner!" song in FrontierlandWhile Robert Mitchum was the initial narrator for that commercial, the song itself is Hoe Down from Aaron Copeland's Rodeo.

AVP

MadasaHatter
02-11-2013, 06:42 AM
Thankyou so much AVP!!! My sis, tracemountain NEVER hears that song without proclaiming loudly "BEEF! IT'S WHAT FOR DINNER!" so I always forget that....does that still play?

MickeyDogMom
02-11-2013, 08:04 PM
I don't recall any of that being "new". I know things are changed around for the holidays, events, and refurbishment. Some times that makes things feel new. I think you just need to get into the park more often. :)

Jodi
02-11-2013, 08:18 PM
Thankyou so much AVP!!! My sis, tracemountain NEVER hears that song without proclaiming loudly "BEEF! IT'S WHAT FOR DINNER!" so I always forget that....does that still play?

I remember hearing it recently.

Some songs stick with you like that. We were at the Hollywood Bowl once, and the orchestra was playing Ferde Grofe's "Grand Canyon Suite" and my son leaned over and asked if they were going to give credit to Disney for using their music. I had to explain that it wasn't actually "Disney's" music, even though we hear it every time we ride the train through the DL Grand Canyon.